[WIP][Kernel][3.0.31]+

Search This thread

lucize

Aug 1, 2012
Whichever you'll stay passionate about the longest. I love keeping this phone relevant, and I appreciate the work you do.

I'll work on until I'll get a droid 5 :))

I was in vacation abroad so couldn't work anything and for now I should make pause on this because I have some important things to finish until June/July but it keeps calling me back :))

Regards

sharptv

Jan 1, 2011
I'll work on until I'll get a droid 5 :))

I was in vacation abroad so couldn't work anything and for now I should make pause on this because I have some important things to finish until June/July but it keeps calling me back :))

Regards

I just ordered myself two droid 4s just in case, it seems that droid 5 isn't appearing anytime soon. Personally I would love to see a 3.4 kernel for the droid 4.

Reactions: PersonABC

fgfgfg0923

Oct 11, 2011
I have strange freezes+reboots(few times without boot indeed) when im trying to set up freq to stock 1.2ghz from "stock 1ghz", or changing gorvenor or smth like this *using Trickster mod

Shobai

Jan 13, 2010
for droid razr 910? without any compatibility problems?

G'day Lucize,

could you please confirm fgfgfg0923's question? Is dtrail's RAZR 910 JBX kernel the one to use? Does it include the HDMI work that you've done?

Hi,

can you please install syslog and send me the logs (kernel and main) shortly after plugging in the device to the lapdock when the mouse-pointer appears? I think the hardwarecomposer in userspace is not finding a useable resolution for you but it should at least log the decoded edid information.

Thanks & Regards,
Michael

As for this, I haven't made any progress yet, I ended up buying a NIB D4 to replace my dodgy one. I've just installed SS 3.73 to the dodgy one, since it has USB-OTG mouse support in recovery, which works! I've flashed SlimKat Build 6 to it, and when I drop it into the Atrix Lapdock the display doesn't light up. The Lapdock's resolution is 1366 x 768, but i'll try and install SysLog over the weekend and get those logs.

lucize

Aug 1, 2012
G'day Lucize,

could you please confirm fgfgfg0923's question? Is dtrail's RAZR 910 JBX kernel the one to use? Does it include the HDMI work that you've done?

As for this, I haven't made any progress yet, I ended up buying a NIB D4 to replace my dodgy one. I've just installed SS 3.73 to the dodgy one, since it has USB-OTG mouse support in recovery, which works! I've flashed SlimKat Build 6 to it, and when I drop it into the Atrix Lapdock the display doesn't light up. The Lapdock's resolution is 1366 x 768, but i'll try and install SysLog over the weekend and get those logs.

the hdmi base code is from me and stargo, his hardware is a bit diffrent but the kernel should work.
this is the source code
https://github.com/RAZR-K-Devs/android_kernel_motorola_omap4-common you can see hdmi related stuff there.
Regards

rblanca

Dec 12, 2011
antutu is reporting greater performance
exfat is included

the sources are here:
https://github.com/lucize/android_kernel_motorola_omap4-common

please understand that this is work in progress
use Safe Strap 3.65+ or overwrite the files in the full rom image

24.06.2014: update to latest vulnerability fixes from CM

19.03.2014: hdmi from 3.4, should work on the rest of displays and avr

18.03.2014:

HDMI working (720p for me over HDMI), 1080P over DVI, movies 1080p over HDMI. glad I didn't wasted last months on nothing :eek:

17.03.2014:
WIP HDMI, for me is working (negative colors) only with DVI adapter (philips monitor), please test on other model, + more 3.0.31 merges.

18.02.2014 - disabled HDMI, enabled SmartRelfex3, improves standby, hopefully also fixes no sound issue.
14.02.2014 - added latest fixes from stargo's git, hoping usb update will fix data connectivity.

UPDATE:

jbx update

24.06.2014 - updated to latest changes
24.03.2014 - updated to latest changes

uploaded a mixed work of my git, dtrail1 and stargo
the kernel is over/under clock enabled, you can use trickster mod to set minimum cpu to 100 mhz and max to 1300 mhz (you need to enable frequency lock), the gpu is set to 384 vs 307 (this can be changed in trickster mod)

source
https://github.com/RAZR-K-Devs/android_kernel_motorola_omap4-common

Regards
Hi lucize can I ask whats is the difference with those 2 kernel from your post and wich one you recomended?. Thanks!

rblanca

Dec 12, 2011
Hi lucize... do you have plans to release a newer version of your kernel? Last commits seems awesome :)

rblanca

Dec 12, 2011
I for the moment write back is not of help, I can't compile the Miraclecast http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/miracle/ to start testing with mirroring, but I want to update as much as possible on video driver, You can build yourself the kernel :p

Regards
Hahaha i would like to build the kernel by my self...But I don't know how...I will try to google it to find how! I did compile a linux kernel long time ago but it was to my desktop computer... like I said I'll google it!

Thanks lucize for everything you do! :)

jaqjacek

Jan 29, 2011
+1 for new kernel version.
The day will come when I will manage to compile it by myself but it isn't Today.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    antutu is reporting greater performance
    exfat is included

the sources are here:
    https://github.com/lucize/android_kernel_motorola_omap4-common
    maintained tree
    https://github.com/lucize/android_kernel_motorola_omap4-common/commits/cm-11-dss

please understand that this is work in progress
    use Safe Strap 3.65+ or overwrite the files in the full rom image

09.03.2015: more dss update, i2c update, almost all asoc update
    04.03.2015: bfq update, minor dss update
    02.03.2015: update to CM + latest gpu drivers for cm11 (the kernel with dss it needs supported hwcomposer.maserati.so)
    24.07.2014: update to CM + more DSS merge
    24.06.2014: update to latest vulnerability fixes from CM
    19.03.2014: hdmi from 3.4, should work on the rest of displays and avr
    18.03.2014: HDMI working (720p for me over HDMI), 1080P over DVI, movies 1080p over HDMI. glad I didn't wasted last months on nothing :eek:
    17.03.2014: WIP HDMI, for me is working (negative colors) only with DVI adapter (philips monitor), please test on other model, + more 3.0.31 merges.
    18.02.2014 - disabled HDMI, enabled SmartRelfex3, improves standby, hopefully also fixes no sound issue.
    14.02.2014 - added latest fixes from stargo's git, hoping usb update will fix data connectivity.

Regards

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Kernel][3.0.31]+, Kernel for the Motorola Droid 4

Contributors
    lucize
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2014-07-24
    Last Updated 2015-03-09
    Are you still working on this separate from the nightly? Does the 3.0.8 kernel in the nightly have more recent changes than your 3.0.31? I still have your manifest in my checkout, but if that's not up-to-date, I should probably just do the nightlies.

for the moment I'm working to see if I can make multichannel output for movies on HDMI, bitstream or decoded lpcm (lpcm is working with decoded tracks in tinyplay upto 192khz/16bit, 24bit has static noise) and I'm a bit busy with life but as it looks kernel 3.4 has way more fixes and I don't know which way to go, keep merging to 3.0.31 or updating stuff from 3.4

anyway I'm still working on it, much of it is local because depending on my mood I do random stuff and I push only the finished/working changes. and quite a lot is waste of time with testing/building/etc.

Regards
    this is what it looks like

Ok, no switched channels then...
    Hmm, try playing with the deep_color stuff, this might (or might not) have any effect.
    It's possible that the panel-mapphone-hdmi.c / panel-mapphone-hdmi_panel.c is doing the initialization slightly different to fix the colors...

i'll test more with my receiver hpd (hot plug detection) is not working on it neither

Do you have the sources up somewhere? In another branch on github?

Regards,
    Michael
    Thanks dude i'm already order my hdmi cable to test!!

should be in nightlies asap, stargo fixed the remaining things, as I recall somewhere in time I had it working in 1080p everywhere, now (for me) is working in 720p and only on ful hd movies it switches to 1080p. surround sound should be the next important step

Regards
    Ok, no switched channels then...
    Hmm, try playing with the deep_color stuff, this might (or might not) have any effect.
    It's possible that the panel-mapphone-hdmi.c / panel-mapphone-hdmi_panel.c is doing the initialization slightly different to fix the colors...

Do you have the sources up somewhere? In another branch on github?

Regards,
    Michael

life is beautiful in colors :)

it was in hdmi_ti_4xxx_ip.c too