Chrome: open link in new tab

Search This thread

thegios

Mar 16, 2006
Latina
Not sure where the problem is: maybe chrome. maybe the new updates for serach or maybe google itself...

I do remember that when running a serach from chrome using google (so not from the serach bar, but: open chrome, type a nything in the to bar and hit go), if clicking on each search result it would open itin a new tab. Now it is opening on the same tab of the serach results. I tried in google setting, but it seems that in the mobile version the option is not there... I am confused, as it used to work before....

301stSpartan

Apr 15, 2012
Chicago, IL
Not sure where the problem is: maybe chrome. maybe the new updates for serach or maybe google itself...

I do remember that when running a serach from chrome using google (so not from the serach bar, but: open chrome, type a nything in the to bar and hit go), if clicking on each search result it would open itin a new tab. Now it is opening on the same tab of the serach results. I tried in google setting, but it seems that in the mobile version the option is not there... I am confused, as it used to work before....

Chrome has never done what you are describing on any phone I've used. At least not that I can remember

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk

thegios

Mar 16, 2006
Latina
Chrome has never done what you are describing on any phone I've used. At least not that I can remember

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk

I didagree...
On my tablet, for ex, now if I open Chrime, type anything on the url bar, I get the search results and if I click on any item a new tab is opened

omegahanggara

Jan 28, 2013
Jakarta
double-dragon.blogspot.com
This?
aqu5eseq.jpg

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

dmxl

Sep 28, 2006
Leiden, NL

Yep, used to work with me too before, on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Now new ROM, not working anymore..

dmxl

Sep 28, 2006
Leiden, NL
I tinkered around a bit, and fixed it, but in a very odd way.

1. Request destop version of google.com.
2. Edit search settings (make sure "open search results in new tab" is selected. In my settings it was already).
3. Save settings.
4. Request mobile version of google.com.
5. Search results will open in new window.

Weird, but it works on my phone, and my girlfriends.