switching to VZW.. questions

Search This thread

evertking

May 25, 2013
I'm thinking about switching to VZW for ST but my husband is kinda iffy about the bills. We both own ST S3 and love them. But data speeds are really slow.
My questions are.. I have been told that VZW has the same data speeds as ST. Anyone know if this is true?
We now pay about $100 bucks a month unlimited calls and text. Unlimited data UP TO 2.5 than your speeds are slowed "throttled".
I'm I silly to think I could get the same package or close to what ST offers through VZW? I'm looking at 2 phones.

TiceMan

Jul 3, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
I'm thinking about switching to VZW for ST but my husband is kinda iffy about the bills. We both own ST S3 and love them. But data speeds are really slow.
My questions are.. I have been told that VZW has the same data speeds as ST. Anyone know if this is true?
We now pay about $100 bucks a month unlimited calls and text. Unlimited data UP TO 2.5 than your speeds are slowed "throttled".
I'm I silly to think I could get the same package or close to what ST offers through VZW? I'm looking at 2 phones.

I have two phones on my account and pay $174 a month for Unlimited Talk, Text and 6gb of data.

outcasted2003

May 7, 2013
Stay away from Verizon! Not only does their customer service suck but they spy on every customer and know of everything that is on your phone!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

ThePagel

Jul 6, 2012
Minneapolis
Stay away from Verizon! Not only does their customer service suck but they spy on every customer and know of everything that is on your phone!

I think your statement is a little unfounded. Let's just say if I did the stuff I do on 4g on comcast without vpn comcast would be sending me emails to stop. Verizon has never done that. Verizon could potentially spy on you but they don't at least not to the extent of comcast. Another thing to note is if you put files on your phone via USB Verizon doesn't have a way to see them. Don't get me wrong I am no fan of Verizon but Verizon is by no means big brother. Customer service isn't great I'll give you that but they sure do make up for that in coverage and reliability. Other than the differences in price, coverage, and customer service the big four are all the same so if you think Verizon spy's on you they all do.

outcasted2003

May 7, 2013
It's not unfounded. My GS3 on contract with them is having problems. Technical support knew every app, every setting and proceeded to ask about what certain files were that are on my memory card! I'm not into conspiracy theories, but they knew everything about my phone.

Reactions: ThePagel

ThePagel

Jul 6, 2012
Minneapolis
It's not unfounded. My GS3 on contract with them is having problems. Technical support knew every app, every setting and proceeded to ask about what certain files were that are on my memory card! I'm not into conspiracy theories, but they knew everything about my phone.

Do you use Verizon backup utility?

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
I think your statement is a little unfounded. Let's just say if I did the stuff I do on 4g on comcast without vpn comcast would be sending me emails to stop. Verizon has never done that. Verizon could potentially spy on you but they don't at least not to the extent of comcast. Another thing to note is if you put files on your phone via USB Verizon doesn't have a way to see them. Don't get me wrong I am no fan of Verizon but Verizon is by no means big brother. Customer service isn't great I'll give you that but they sure do make up for that in coverage and reliability. Other than the differences in price, coverage, and customer service the big four are all the same so if you think Verizon spy's on you they all do.

Verizon kinda does "spy" on your phone. Although, it's not unannounced. Verizon added "Remote diagnostic utility" in an update waaaay back in the day. I think this was our VRALG7 or VRALG1 ICS update. You can read about it on AC.

Yes, I do remember this receiving publicity in 2012. They (Verizon) are supposed to ask you before activating it of course.

Reactions: ThePagel

ThePagel

Jul 6, 2012
Minneapolis
Verizon kinda does "spy" on your phone. Although, it's not unannounced. Verizon added "Remote diagnostic utility" in an update waaaay back in the day. I think this was our VRALG7 or VRALG1 ICS update. You can read about it on AC.

Yes, I do remember this receiving publicity in 2012. They (Verizon) are supposed to ask you before activating it of course.

I guess this is just another reason to go aosp. Pretty messed up if you ask me. They should of made us put in a secret pin to tell the techs in order to use that function.

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
I guess this is just another reason to go aosp. Pretty messed up if you ask me. They should of made us put in a secret pin to tell the techs in order to use that function.

I hear you on that, although I've been on that AOSP train for quite some time. Idk if I recall the exact name of the diagnostic tool in the rom itself though. Part of me feels like it is removed from the base roms but idk if I'm mistaken.

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011

Due to the Verizon Remote Diagnostic utility, Verizon only has direct access to your phone when you call NOT whenever they feel like. If you can prove otherwise, you might have a claim for invasion of privacy.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.