*** Disclaimer *** All flashing is done at your own risk! While nothing from this thread should break your device, don't come back here blaming anyone if it does!
This is a ROM development/discussion thread!
The latest in Android.
Optimized for the latest apps, more storage for your content and a fast, clean user experience all come standard.
Google Maps, Chrome, YouTube, Gmail, Google Now - it’s all just there.
Never get lost, surf the web, stream videos and stay on top of your inbox with Google apps. The HTC One (M8) also comes with the Google Now Launcher pre-installed to make Google Now one swipe away. From your primary home screen, swipe right to access Google Now cards that give you just the right information, at just the right time.
Apps, games, music and more.
The HTC One (M8) includes Google Play, your one-stop-shop for digital entertainment. With over 1,000,000 apps and games -- plus music, movies and more -- keep your favorite digital entertainment in your pocket and always at your fingertips.
Ported for CDMA from the latest release for the Google Play Edition (GPE) - Software version 5.07.1700.12, Android 6.0.
- HTC FM Radio included
Current changelog: 21 April 2016
- Added BeyondStockᵀᴹ Edition ROM - see here for details
- Rebased on 5.07.1700.12 (includes April 2, 2016 Google Security Updates)
- Rooted version only - includes f2fs support in ramdisk (but no custom f2fs kernel) & HTC FM Radio
changelog: 16 March 2016
- Rebased on 5.07.1700.11 (includes March 1, 2016 Google Security Updates)
- Added unrooted, completely stock version (except for edits necessary for CDMA compatibility)
- Rooted version now includes stock HTC FM Radio, f2fs support & BeyondStockᵀᴹ kernel by default
- Rebased on 5.07.1700.10 (includes February 1, 2016 Google Security Updates)
- Added "Sensified" version - details here
- Rebased on 5.07.1700.9 (includes January 1, 2016 Google Security Updates)
- Added rooted version (SuperSU v2.66, systemless)
- Added Verizon-compatible "CDMA Edition" (allows install on Verizon devices, but not sure about full functionality - need feedback)
- Rebased to 5.07.1700.8 (includes December 1, 2015 Google security updates)
- Root removed for now, as there are multiple options that can be flashed via recovery (see: seSuperuser & SuperSU)
- Busybox not included (Flashable version available by @osm0sis that supports SuperSU systemless root here)
- f2fs support added
- BeyondStockᵀᴹ kernel added by default - supports MultiROM and f2fs
- ROM changed to sparse_dat format (thanks @SuperR. for SuperR's Kitchen)
- [Fix] adb offline error (v2)
- [Add] Bind mount script for bind mounting files from /su to /system (currently used for CDMA GPS config) (v3)
- Rebased to 5.07.1700.6
- Uses @sun_dream's GPE kernel
- System root (standard) and systemless root (experimental) options available via SuperSU
- Busybox only available on systemless root version (binary only, applet symlinks not installed)
- Sprint-specific blobs currently unavailable
- wp_mod to disable system write protection
- Rebased to 4.04.1700.10
- BeyondStock kernel & f2fs compatibility added
- Added Sprint-specific blobs and props to base
- Rebased to 4.04.1700.9 (includes fix for stagefright vulnerability)
- Removed extra symlink for external SD (causes issues w/Google Play Music)
- Removed BeyondStock kernel & f2fs compatibility (was anyone even using this?)
- Removed Play Store compatibility for Sense apps (Xposed + Sensify can do this)
- Added support for RingPlus and Ting MVNOs to APNs
- Added Play Store compatibility for Sense apps (can be installed, but may not work - for Sense Home, use Xposed + Sensify)
- Reduced size of dtb in boot.img (back-end fix)
- Rebased to 4.04.1700.6
- Added F2FS compatibility for /cache, /data & /system
- Added BeyondStock kernel as default (for MultiROM and f2fs support)
- Fixed SMS/MMS issues (hopefully!)
- Fixed tethering (if dirty flashing, you must delete telephony database as described here)
- Added Sprint VVM (is uninstallable)
- updated to Android 5.1
- Base updated to Android 4.4.4 (Software version: 2.12.1700.1)
- Updated GravityBox to latest version
- Added Sprint VVM
- Deodexed only (now ART-compatible)
- Added latest GravityBox
- Updated to latest SuperSU
- SIM card error
- As of the 14 December 2015 ROM, Busybox has been removed (Marshmallow includes toybox)
- Busybox options
- Busybox Installer by @osm0sis
- Busybox options
- Pressing the "Carrier Settings" option in Cellular network settings causes the phone app to force close and briefly disconnects mobile network
- Voicemail number in Phone Settings is not preset
M8 CDMA GPE Port - 5.07.1700.12 - BeyondStockᵀᴹ Edition - Android 6.0 - ROOTED
M8 CDMA GPE Port - 5.07.1700.12 - Android 6.0 - ROOTED
M8 CDMA Sensified GPE Port - 5.07.1700.9 - Android 6.0 - ROOTED | Mirror (BasketBuild)
[B]M8 CDMA GPE Port - 5.07.1700.11 - Android 6.0 - ROOTED
M8 CDMA GPE Port - 5.07.1700.11 - Android 6.0
[B]M8 CDMA GPE Port - 5.07.1700.10 - Android 6.0 - ROOTED
M8 CDMA GPE Port - 5.07.1700.9 - Android 6.0 - ROOTED
M8 CDMA GPE Port - 5.07.1700.9 - Android 6.0
Sprint M8 - GPE Port - 5.07.1700.8 - Android 6.0 | Mirror (BasketBuild)
Sprint M8 - GPE Port - 5.07.1700.6 - Android 6.0 | Mirror 1 (BB) | Mirror 2 (AFH)
Sprint M8 - GPE Port - 4.04.1700.10 - Android 5.1 | Mirror 1 | Mirror 2
Sprint M8 - GPE Port - 4.04.1700.9 - Android 5.1 | Mirror
Sprint M8 - GPE Port - 4.04.1700.6 - Android 5.1 | Mirror
GPE Sprint M8 v1.0 - Android 5.1
GPE Sprint M8 v1.0.0 - Android 5.0.1
To gain native experimental multi-window mode add the following edit to build.prop:
(Edit entry to show)ro.build.type=userdebug
Boot to recovery, wipe caches, reboot system.
Then enable the option under developer options and Enjoy!!!
Native systemUI tuner
To gain systemUI tuner press and hold the settings gear icon in notifications drop down verify that gear is spinning. Hold for 2-3 seconds and let go...wolla you should now see systemUI tuner in the settings menu.
(for prior builds)
Advanced Power Menu/Ambient Display (5.1 - 4.04.1700.10)
BeyondStockᵀᴹ kernel w/f2fs (5.1 - 4.04.1700.6+)
E-mail w/Exchange Security Disabled (4.4.3)
Advanced Power Menu (APM) & services.jar w/signature checks disabled (4.4.3) - thanks @williamfold
Advanced Power Menu (APM)/services.jar w/signature checks disabled - (4.4.3, pre-ART-compatible) - thanks @williamfold
None for current build
(for prior builds)
Gray Background Fix (4.4.3) - This fixes the light gray background for the volume display, power menu & other dialog boxes that were discolored. This fix is built into the latest version.
Framework/Data Fix (4.4.2) - Fixes phone calls and mobile network settings on original ROM. This file will not work on the latest version, but this fix has been incorporated into the latest version.
Q: I just got an OTA update notification. Can/should I take it?
Q: How do I update profile/PRL on this ROM?
Q: I can't find Developer options. Where are they?
Q: I toggled Mobile Network in the Quick Settings and now I have no data connection. How to fix?
Q: I tried switching to ART in Developer options, but when it rebooted, it was set back to Dalvik. How do I get ART to stick?
Q: Can I use a custom kernel with this ROM?
@graffixnyc for the GPE RUU @digitalhigh for general help & his Verizon port @tjeeeeee for early testing and initially creating the thread @williamfold for figuring out camera lag fix CM team for kernel source for working camera @Chainfire for SuperSU @Stericson for Busybox @JustArchi for Archidroid init.d and ArchiKitchen @osm0sis for Android Image Kitchen @rovo89 for Xposed framework/installer @C3C076 for GravityBox @craigacgomez for thunderkat source for Exchange security mod @flar2 for ElementalX GPE kernel @savoca for help to build a custom dtb image @MTsol for uploading the 4.4.4 OTA file
CDMA M8 GPE Port, ROM for the Sprint HTC One (M8)
Captain_Throwback, tuxattack80, tjeeeeee, digitalhigh, graffixnyc, HolyAngel
Source Code: https://github.com/CaptainThrowback/kernel_htc_m8gpe
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: 5.0.2 Sense
Based On: M8 Google Play Edition
Current Stable Version: 5.07.1700.12
Stable Release Date: 2016-04-20
Last Updated 2016-04-21