FORUMS

[RECOVERY][DROID RAZR HD][KitKat ONLY] ClockWorkMod Recovery 6.0.4.9 [2014-06-08]

1,802 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,860

By dhacker29, Inactive Recognized Developer on 11th May 2014, 02:07 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th May 2014, 06:49 PM |#91  
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheep348

Again you have helped me so much thank you. I was able to get to step 11 but when I go to choose the directory it says E: can't mount sd card. I'll try it a few more times but I know the zip folder is on the phone. So when I leave CWM it asks if I want to root... I selected no bc I was not sure but is that all I need to do?

thats most likely because you aren't going to the directory i stated.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

Quote:

Again you have helped me so much thank you. I was able to get to step 11 but when I go to choose the directory it says E: can't mount sd card. I'll try it a few more times but I know the zip folder is on the phone. So when I leave CWM it asks if I want to root... I selected no bc I was not sure but is that all I need to do?

also,
12. when complete, navigate and select "go back" as many times as needed until you see an option to reboot phone and select it.
likely it will prompt you to answer 1 or2 questions because this is a new install, answer yes to both and it should reboot.

you need to install the zip, but if it ever asks always answer yes.
The Following User Says Thank You to bweN diorD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bweN diorD Ad-Free
25th May 2014, 07:10 PM |#92  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweN diorD

thats most likely because you aren't going to the directory i stated.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

also,
12. when complete, navigate and select "go back" as many times as needed until you see an option to reboot phone and select it.
likely it will prompt you to answer 1 or2 questions because this is a new install, answer yes to both and it should reboot.

you need to install the zip, but if it ever asks always answer yes.

"zip from storage/sdcard1" is not an option the only ones I have are

choose zip from /sdcard
choose zip from last install folder
install zip from sideload
toggle signature verification
go back
25th May 2014, 07:18 PM |#93  
Quote:

"zip from storage/sdcard1" is not an option the only ones I have are

choose zip from /sdcard
choose zip from last install folder
install zip from sideload
toggle signature verification
go back

hmm
its acting like you dont have a micro sd installed in your phone, is that true?

looks like the only other option is to sideload it.
i have never needed to try that, if you dont have a micro sd to put in the phone, hopefully someone else can help with the sideloading.
The Following User Says Thank You to bweN diorD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bweN diorD Ad-Free
25th May 2014, 07:34 PM |#94  

More
Quote:

hmm
its acting like you dont have a micro sd installed in your phone, is that true?

looks like the only other option is to sideload it.
i have never needed to try that, if you dont have a micro sd to put in the phone, hopefully someone else can help with the sideloading.

I do have an SD card in there. I'll have to look into sideloading thanks again for all your help.
25th May 2014, 07:40 PM |#95  
Quote:

I do have an SD card in there. I'll have to look into sideloading thanks again for all your help.

maybe the new recovery didnt flash right or something. that dir i gave should be there, its the sd card.
i would try to flash the recovery again.
25th May 2014, 07:46 PM |#96  

More
Quote:

maybe the new recovery didnt flash right or something. that dir i gave should be there, its the sd card.
i would try to flash the recovery again.

Something was messed up with the SD card I was using. I borrowed the one from my Lady's phone and it worked like a charm. Thanks to you and help from others I am unlocked and rooted! Business as usual.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sheep348 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sheep348 Ad-Free
25th May 2014, 09:12 PM |#97  
Flag Prescott Valley, AZ
Thanks Meter: 144

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by l2adiant

any way to unlock bootloader in KK?

Ha! That's laughable!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BDAZZG1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BDAZZG1 Ad-Free
27th May 2014, 01:03 PM |#98  
Thanks Meter: 118

More
I guess we 2 are the only ones that have that problem but no solution. Hashcode. Helppppp

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app[/QUOTE]

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

[QUOTE=rafjak;52895333]Hello,

I installed CWM Recovery 6.0.4.8 on KitKat.
What could be the reason that I CAN get into Recovery by ADB (adb reboot bootloader) then (fastboot reboot) with VOL+ press,
but when I Turn OFF phone and then
PWR VOL+ VOL-, by VOL- choose Recovery then VOL+
I get black screen or Android with red exclamation mark?

Regard
Rafal[/

We on our own and ignored again
Help Hashcode

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekaz

The same damn thing happens to me The only way to recovery is to reflash it. Otherwise it would go into blank screen... Otherwise unlocked rooted and love my maxx again with kitkat. But wont be able to play with future roms without re flashing cwm

27th May 2014, 06:59 PM |#99  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 813

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boylez

For anyone else having problems mounting data with the new KK CWM, I also had this issue and managed to fix it by first doing a factory reset from the boot menu and then doing another one from settings once it booted up. I immediately went into recovery using the button combo and now I can mount data, wipe data, and make backups.

I cannot, however, install custom roms yet and had read somewhere else that too much has changed and we will have to wait for new roms to come out that are compatible with the latest KK update.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Thank you! This helped immensely! I noticed that data NEVER got restored and then saw the it could never mount /data.

I did have one issue. When I did an FDR within the system itself, I noticed that CWM wouldn't boot anymore. Not sure what got corrupted, but I had to go back into fastboot and reflash CWM onto my phone. After that, I rebooted into recovery and was able to mount /data.

Hopefully, this can get fixed as well as the weird issue where CWM sometimes just disappears and needs to be reflashed? Sounds like KK is doing some weird stuff with the phone.
27th May 2014, 07:07 PM |#100  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Glad it helped you and I agree about KK doing some weird things. I still get the occasional black screen in CWM and have yet to be able to reboot straight into recovery. I think this is just to get us through until stable KK recoveries come out. I'm hoping a PhilZ version comes out for KK on the xt926.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
27th May 2014, 11:14 PM |#101  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 3,936

Donate to Me
More
It will be possible to start working on proper recovery builds only after the kernel source release.
Till that time, don't expect any fixes. Demands won't bring it magically.
The source release should happen in a matter of days, please be patient.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kabaldan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kabaldan Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)