FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

The Welcome to KitKat Guide [Q&A's]

389 posts
Thanks Meter: 338

By xkeita, Senior Member on 26th May 2014, 04:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
UPDATING

Q: How should I update my Phone? (To Android 4.4.2)
A: If you're updating via Update Service or PC Companion, do a fresh install (literally, I mean. FACTORY RESET) .

Q: I just flashed my phone and now it's full of lag.
A: Step 1: Debloat Firmware, Step 2: Do a factory reset, Step 3: Force GPU Rendering in Dev. Options, Step 4: Restart your Phone.

AFTER UPDATE

Q: My battery drains by Google Play Services (GMS) what can I do?
A1: Disable Google Location Services in Settings > Locations (You can do this when you boot up your Phone for the first time after update too.)
A2: Update GMS (Latest version is: 4.4.52): https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...le.android.gms

Q: I can't write to my external SD Card. F U SONY. - (This isn't by Sony, Google decided to slowly kill MicroSD support on Android )
A: If you're rooted use this fix: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=nextapp.sdfix

Q: After updating many of my Apps are FC'ing (May happen if you didn't do a clean install)
A: Do a fresh install with a factory reset.

Q: My battery drains so quickly, 4.3 is much better.
A: Do a fresh install with a factory reset, I have been using KitKat since launch day and my battery easily lasts 2 days using the phone on a daily routine.

Q: My phone lags on the HomeScreen.
A: This may be caused by the new Xperia Live Wallpaper, if you change the wallpaper for a fixed one it should solve the problem. Plus, you can keep the LW as Lockscreen Wallpaper. Looks Good, Feels Good.

SAFE DEBLOAT LIST

Quote:

DO NOT DELETE Japanese keyboard layout (ExternalKeyboardJP.apk) this will make your Xperia Keyboard go like crazy and start crashing after reboot.)
· Chinese Xperia Keyboard (With Skins and Skin Selector)
· Google+
· Xperia Care
· Xperia Lounge
· Xperia Social Engine Photos (Picasa)
· Walkman Music Extensions (YouTube karaoke, Wikipedia etc.)
· Wireless Emergency Alerts
· Voice Dialer
· Retail Demo
· Phase Beam and other LiveWallpapers (Do not remove Live Wallpaper Picker)
· InitialBootSetup
· Google Play Movies/News/Games/Books
· File Commander
· Enchanted Forest LW
· com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks (PartnerBookmarksProvider.apk)

Did I miss a trick? Please post it below and it might be added to the post.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xkeita For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xkeita Ad-Free

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)