• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Revel1021

Jul 15, 2013
I've had this phone for almost 3 weeks now and I have been experiencing battery drainage when on standby. My battery would start off at 100% when I unplug it from the charger, and without using at all after half an hour I'd find it at 93 - 95%. So I installed a battery monitor (GSam Battery Monitor) and after a week I found that there were 2 things consuming most of the battery, the screen and multiple apps. So I decided to do a factory reset and test out the phone with the apps that came with the phone. The battery life improved slightly but it was still too much. I decided to check out the display, at first I thought it might be the brightness but then I remembered that motion launch also uses the screen (duh!). I turned it off today and so far I've only lost only 2% battery in 1 hour and 37 min, on standby. This is good and all but I really like motion launch, it's easier than reaching for the top of my phone when I'm using it with one-hand . My question is, does anyone have the same problem as I do? Cause if so it might be an issue with all the One (M8) phones running the software. If not, It might be my phone and I can send it to get fixed or something. Thanks

cristy7610

Jul 24, 2011
I've had this phone for almost 3 weeks now and I have been experiencing battery drainage when on standby. My battery would start off at 100% when I unplug it from the charger, and without using at all after half an hour I'd find it at 93 - 95%. So I installed a battery monitor (GSam Battery Monitor) and after a week I found that there were 2 things consuming most of the battery, the screen and multiple apps. So I decided to do a factory reset and test out the phone with the apps that came with the phone. The battery life improved slightly but it was still too much. I decided to check out the display, at first I thought it might be the brightness but then I remembered that motion launch also uses the screen (duh!). I turned it off today and so far I've only lost only 2% battery in 1 hour and 37 min, on standby. This is good and all but I really like motion launch, it's easier than reaching for the top of my phone when I'm using it with one-hand . My question is, does anyone have the same problem as I do? Cause if so it might be an issue with all the One (M8) phones running the software. If not, It might be my phone and I can send it to get fixed or something. Thanks

I don't have this issue.I have viper rom installed and motion launch all the time and I lose only 2% in 8 hours in standby.My screen on time is 7h30min.Try another rom or send it to change with another one.cheers

Reactions: Revel1021

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Motion launch shouldn't use much battery. Firstly the screen isn't always on waiting for touch input as you say. The touch response is only awakened when the phone sensors pick up movement. For this the HTC one uses a new device called a fusion sensor hub. This hub is a collection of sensors and is able to have active sensors that don't need the cpu and thus have a very low power requirement.

I'd look more into display options and turning the WiFi off when not needed and disabling some of the sync options.

dsmpampis

Oct 21, 2012
I don't think that the battery draining has something with the motion launch to do. For example for me during the night on airplane mode, lose about 0,5% per hour.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Revel1021

Jul 15, 2013
Motion launch shouldn't use much battery. Firstly the screen isn't always on waiting for touch input as you say. The touch response is only awakened when the phone sensors pick up movement. For this the HTC one uses a new device called a fusion sensor hub. This hub is a collection of sensors and is able to have active sensors that don't need the cpu and thus have a very low power requirement.

I'd look more into display options and turning the WiFi off when not needed and disabling some of the sync options.

Yeah I think my issue is with sync. I'll test it out for the week maybe something will change. Thanks

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Revel1021

Jul 15, 2013
So I decided to try Wakelock Detector, I found something called "1013" keeping my phone almost 2 hours awake. I researched it and found no solutions to this problem just people reporting on the same issue with other devices. The app also showed me that my phone only gets 3 hours of deep sleep and it stays 8 hours awake. How can I fix this on a non-rooted device?

Edit: I found something that says that the 1013 is a partial wakelock and can be solved by a silencing touch sounds. Going to try it out and post the results here

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-27-17-20-37.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-27-17-20-37.png
    122.8 KB · Views: 118
  • Screenshot_2014-05-27-17-17-24.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-27-17-17-24.png
    208.9 KB · Views: 111
  • Screenshot_2014-05-27-17-17-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-27-17-17-21.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I don't have this issue.I have viper rom installed and motion launch all the time and I lose only 2% in 8 hours in standby.My screen on time is 7h30min.Try another rom or send it to change with another one.cheers
    Motion launch isn't draining battery for me. I lose about 1-2 % when I leave it for the whole night

I don't think that the battery draining has something with the motion launch to do. For example for me during the night on airplane mode, lose about 0,5% per hour.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk