[root] Xperia ZL Noob Method .230 FW (C6503)

Search This thread

AndreIrawan97

Jun 20, 2013
Denpasar
Last edited:

melvinrobertson

Nov 3, 2013
Hi Guys I would like to share what I've learn here in XDA on how to root our Xperia ZL running latest FW .230 (C6503) Kitkat.

Note:
This method might work on other C650X devices. Im using C6503

What you need:

Computer
Flashtool
Kitkat Firmware (you can get them here)
Kernel with Recovery (you can get that here in XDA. Im using .101 kernel with recovery here)
SuperSU (please look that up here in XDA)

Step 1:

Update to Kitkat (skip if you are already in Kitkat)

Step 2:
Copy SuperSU zip in you Internal Memory

Step 3:
Run Flashtool and connect your phone as Fastboot (switch off then connect phone while holding down the Volume Up key)

Step 4:
Using Fastboot press the lighning button then select Fastboot and select kernel to flash

Step 5:
Unplug Device then boot in to recovery. (after sony logo comes up keep pressing volume up key to enter in recovery mode). Select SuperSU.zip then flash. Once successfull switch off the device using the Recovery (power off device is normally located in advanced options).

Step 6:
Flash back stock kernel. Connect your device via Fastboot again. Using Flashtool click on lightning button then select Flashboot, select the Latest FTF you have then Exclude everything except KERNEL and FOTA. check the screenshot below. thanks for @anagramgenius for the screenshot. Then flash and Reboot your device! now your device is Rooted! :D

Screen shot:
attachment.php

I would like to thank all the people here in XDA for helping me out on this.

Credits:
@anagramgenius
@Crash338
@DooMLoRD for sources

I am afraid to use this method, coz last time when i used it after few days my cell got sudden death errors, by luck sony service centre has replaced my cell, before that i had rooted my xperia zl on android 4.1 with doomloard easy rootkit v18, well no doomlord easy rootkit is made for android 4.33 and 4.4, the developer should make, coz according to me it is safer, as compare to by editing framework by adding recovery mode to sony cells ! because many xperia zl got sudden death errors after that !

ikentoy

Mar 15, 2014
www.facebook.com
I am afraid to use this method, coz last time when i used it after few days my cell got sudden death errors, by luck sony service centre has replaced my cell, before that i had rooted my xperia zl on android 4.1 with doomloard easy rootkit v18, well no doomlord easy rootkit is made for android 4.33 and 4.4, the developer should make, coz according to me it is safer, as compare to by editing framework by adding recovery mode to sony cells ! because many xperia zl got sudden death errors after that !

That's why we need to perform TA backup first just incase meteor strikes. You can also find a way here on how to fix bricked devices. ?

Sent from my C6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

lanwari94

May 21, 2014
Tunis
Hi Guys I would like to share what I've learn here in XDA on how to root our Xperia ZL running latest FW .230 (C6503) Kitkat.

Note:

What you need:

Computer
Flashtool
Kernel with Recovery (you can get that here in XDA. Im using .101 kernel with recovery here)

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:
Run Flashtool and connect your phone as Fastboot (switch off then connect phone while holding down the Volume Up key)

Step 4:
Using Fastboot press the lighning button then select Fastboot and select kernel to flash

Step 5:
Unplug Device then boot in to recovery. (after sony logo comes up keep pressing volume up key to enter in recovery mode). Select SuperSU.zip then flash. Once successfull switch off the device using the Recovery (power off device is normally located in advanced options).

Step 6:
Flash back stock kernel. Connect your device via Fastboot again. Using Flashtool click on lightning button then select Flashboot, select the Latest FTF you have then Exclude everything except KERNEL and FOTA. check the screenshot below. thanks for @anagramgenius for the screenshot. Then flash and Reboot your device! now your device is Rooted! :D

Screen shot:
attachment.php

Credits:
@anagramgenius
@Crash338
@DooMLoRD for sources

it show me this message someone can help me thx

it show me this message someone can help me thx

because the bootloader is locked.
you have to downgrade to a rootable firmware, root it, take a backup of TA partition.
upgrade to new firmware.
unlock bootloader
flash the kernel which has custom recovery. enter into recovery and flash supersu zip.
then flash back stock kernel. and relock bootloader.
never unlock bootloader without taking TA partition backup.

go through this thread for more info
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51612704&postcount=12

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Note:

What you need:

Computer
    Flashtool

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

Step 4:

Step 5:

Step 6:

Screen shot:
    attachment.php

Credits:
    @anagramgenius
    @Crash338
    @DooMLoRD for sources