[Q] n7100 not accepting custom roms

Search This thread

IceBlade2005

Dec 25, 2006
Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction with this, I have a uk vodafone n7100 note 2 on 4.3 and as ive had it 2 years i thought i would put a custom rom on it.... ive done this before with other phones and had no problems so i did some research and decided on the latest phoenix rom
I started by putting Philz recovery and Dr Ketans tool kit on it for root etc.... then followed the youtube instruction video for phoenix rom and all went well with the fill wipe of the phone and all the cache wiping as instructed but when i got to the rom install (from external sd) i started the install and the phone said something along the lines of installation aborted and said " (bad) " which i assumed meant the rom was corrupt so i tried from some mirrors and got the same result so i wiped the phone and caches back to square one.....
Then i though i would try the Dr Ketan v7 4.4.2 rom which gave me the same result (bad)
Next (after wiping etc) i tried the DN3 latest rom which actually installed ok according to Philz, ok i though and it rebooted, the "samsung note 2 gt-n7100 " splash screen came up then changed to the next "pulsating samsung logo" screen and it stayed like that for 40 mins at which point i tried a reboot and again stuck in the same place .... I have also been though the whole process using TWRP recovery too incase there was a conflict of some kind......

I have now had to get my phone working using sammobile stock rom (which for some reason installed in german even though it was uk vodafone rom) as i use my phone as my alarm for work etc.... But i really would like to be on the phoenix rom... I have re-installed Philz and tool kit again and phone is running fine at the moment on this strange stock rom.......

Can anybody see what if anything was done wrong ??
(sorry for the lengthy post but ive spent the last 10 hours searching the forums for answers)

Thanks in advance for any help offered
Joe

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction with this, I have a uk vodafone n7100 note 2 on 4.3 and as ive had it 2 years i thought i would put a custom rom on it.... ive done this before with other phones and had no problems so i did some research and decided on the latest phoenix rom
I started by putting Philz recovery and Dr Ketans tool kit on it for root etc.... then followed the youtube instruction video for phoenix rom and all went well with the fill wipe of the phone and all the cache wiping as instructed but when i got to the rom install (from external sd) i started the install and the phone said something along the lines of installation aborted and said " (bad) " which i assumed meant the rom was corrupt so i tried from some mirrors and got the same result so i wiped the phone and caches back to square one.....
Then i though i would try the Dr Ketan v7 4.4.2 rom which gave me the same result (bad)
Next (after wiping etc) i tried the DN3 latest rom which actually installed ok according to Philz, ok i though and it rebooted, the "samsung note 2 gt-n7100 " splash screen came up then changed to the next "pulsating samsung logo" screen and it stayed like that for 40 mins at which point i tried a reboot and again stuck in the same place .... I have also been though the whole process using TWRP recovery too incase there was a conflict of some kind......

I have now had to get my phone working using sammobile stock rom (which for some reason installed in german even though it was uk vodafone rom) as i use my phone as my alarm for work etc.... But i really would like to be on the phoenix rom... I have re-installed Philz and tool kit again and phone is running fine at the moment on this strange stock rom.......

Can anybody see what if anything was done wrong ??
(sorry for the lengthy post but ive spent the last 10 hours searching the forums for answers)

Thanks in advance for any help offered
Joe
Most probably in the first two cases where you tried flashing phoenix and dr ketan's v7 the rom wasn't a bad download a simple restart of recovery and trying to flash them again could have solved your issue provided the md5 of the downloaded ROM matched the ones provided by the devs.Now since you flashed official stock rom and you said you have flashed philz right? Get a copy of supersu 1.99 from here flash this from philz reboot your phone it would ask you to deknox the apps say yes then transfer the phoenix rom you'd like to flash,go back to recovery do the correct wipes , if installation fails,reboot your recovery from within the options in the main menu of philz and then try re flashing the rom.

IceBlade2005

Dec 25, 2006
Thanks for the reply yes I have Phil and Dr ketans tool kit on the phone which can do custom deknox would that do the same as supers you mentioned?
Also I only figured out what the md5 number was for after this all happened.... where do you check it? Does it pop up in philz or something? (Sorry for the noob-ness)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
Thanks for the reply yes I have Phil and Dr ketans tool kit on the phone which can do custom deknox would that do the same as supers you mentioned?
Also I only figured out what the md5 number was for after this all happened.... where do you check it? Does it pop up in philz or something? (Sorry for the noob-ness)

You can use online checker from here http://onlinemd5.com/ or when in philz just before you press yes to install the rom philz would display the md5 of the bottom of your screen.Yes supersu does the same thing that dr ketan's tool does but if you are comfortable with that tool you can use that instead of supersu,just giving you more options.Oh also next time please quote the post so people get notified not everyone will come back to check a thread that they have posted in to see if the person they responded to has replied or not ,especially this Q&A thread.Good luck.

Reactions: IceBlade2005

IceBlade2005

Dec 25, 2006
You can use online checker from here http://onlinemd5.com/ or when in philz just before you press yes to install the rom philz would display the md5 of the bottom of your screen.Yes supersu does the same thing that dr ketan's tool does but if you are comfortable with that tool you can use that instead of supersu,just giving you more options.Oh also next time please quote the post so people get notified not everyone will come back to check a thread that they have posted in to see if the person they responded to has replied or not ,especially this Q&A thread.Good luck.

Ah I see thanks again... gonna try the SU thing now
thanks

IceBlade2005

Dec 25, 2006
Just incase anyone was wondering my md5 on phoenix rom didnt match so i am going to re-download it, and i have now got DN3 rom working as i figured out i didnt have the latest version of philz recovery so i got the latest version and installed it.... i did have to install the rom twice however as first time i got a boot loop again but reinstalled the zip again without wiping and it now works fine.....
hope this helps someone else too
Joe

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Ah I see thanks again... gonna try the SU thing now
    thanks
    And thanks for quoting my post so i was notified that someone needed me :)