[Q] getting my Z2 soon...answers?

Search This thread

AndroidInsanity

Jan 15, 2012
Huddersfield
www.youtube.com
Hey guys, purchasing my Z2 later this week hopefully but I have a few questions that are buggin me.

With the Z1 if you unlocked the bootloader it removed a camera software that made lower light performance worse, is that the case with the Z2? Or is camera quality the same?

is there actually ANYONE on here that has a non defective/ no issues with their device? All I see are complaints!

And last but not least, Has the latest update actually made the Z2 a lot faster?

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
Hey guys, purchasing my Z2 later this week hopefully but I have a few questions that are buggin me.

With the Z1 if you unlocked the bootloader it removed a camera software that made lower light performance worse, is that the case with the Z2? Or is camera quality the same?

is there actually ANYONE on here that has a non defective/ no issues with their device? All I see are complaints!

And last but not least, Has the latest update actually made the Z2 a lot faster?

unlocking your bootloader on D65XX removes/breaks nothing at all

me and a freind have purchased two Z2s between us and it seems that the older model is poor quality and has bad issues but the one we bought a week ago has no issues
ill be buying a Z2 for my self and ill give any issues i have if any

sony have said that Z2s after mid may wont have "any issues"

the last update is an improvement but unfortionatly alot of bugs with the Z2 are still there
alot are actualy Caused by android 4.4.2, all of which are fixed in 4.4.3 the Z2 should recieve after certifacation from google

my opinion of the device:
i love the Z2 it is amazing, although the old model having some majour heating issues or random blackscreen flashes etc ive found to love the newer mid may bach device, it is extremly fast with minor things i dont like

things i dont like-
finger print magnet
too much bloatware
its made of glass (im rough with my phones - i managed to break a nokia 3310)
many others,

things i like-
fast as can be
looks simple, elegant
UI is awesome/fairly useful
sony Features i love
many others too

just ask if you want to know something

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: AndroidInsanity

se1000

Feb 14, 2011

Unlocking the bootloader has no effect on the camera. Everything works except for video unlimited and music unlimited (i think).

I haven't had any problems with mine at all. Couldn't be happier.

402 is a good firmware, even the stock one seemed very polished to me. The phone is very snappy and smooth. Excellent device.

AndroidInsanity

Jan 15, 2012
Huddersfield
www.youtube.com

me and a freind have purchased two Z2s between us and it seems that the older model is poor quality and has bad issues but the one we bought a week ago has no issues

the last update is an improvement but unfortionatly alot of bugs with the Z2 are still there
alot are actualy Caused by android 4.4.2, all of which are fixed in 4.4.3 the Z2 should recieve after certifacation from google

i love the Z2 it is amazing, although the old model having some majour heating issues or random blackscreen flashes etc ive found to love the newer mid may bach device, it is extremly fast with minor things i dont like

things i dont like-
finger print magnet
too much bloatware
many others,

things i like-
fast as can be
looks simple, elegant
sony Features i love
many others too

Unlocking the bootloader has no effect on the camera. Everything works except for video unlimited and music unlimited (i think).

402 is a good firmware, even the stock one seemed very polished to me. The phone is very snappy and smooth. Excellent device.

awesome thanks guys, does anyone know an explanation why it affected camera quality on Z1 and not Z2 then?

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
awesome thanks guys, does anyone know an explanation why it affected camera quality on Z1 and not Z2 then?

its sony being wither lazy or weird

they can optionaly make things how they want, if they wanted the Z1 could have had the camera not depend on DRM keys but sony being them odd selfs i think they did to promote or push people into buying a different xperia

AndroidInsanity

Jan 15, 2012
Huddersfield
www.youtube.com
its sony being wither lazy or weird

they can optionaly make things how they want, if they wanted the Z1 could have had the camera not depend on DRM keys but sony being them odd selfs i think they did to promote or push people into buying a different xperia

I heard it was something to do with removing BIONZ software, if the bootloader unlocked then it could be copied by other OEMs, that's why they removed it. but not sure.

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
I heard it was something to do with removing BIONZ software, if the bootloader unlocked then it could be copied by other OEMs, that's why they removed it. but not sure.

well i dont havnt realy read up about this at all for several reasons

i know if they do steal boinz they can get in trouble

1. its stealing
2. copyright conflictions
3. i dont think they do, xperia cameras are crappy, says samsung, HTC, and some others

se1000

Feb 14, 2011

Very plausible, the Z2 doesn't have BIONZ, at least not in software form. It does have X-Reality but that works after you unlock the bootloader. In any case, feel free to unlock, there are virtually no drawbacks. Do what I did and make sure you cash in on your free music, movies and apps first though, I believe once you're unlocked you can't use those codes. Not sure.

The only thing is, as of right now there's no way to backup the TA partition on the Z2 but honestly, I haven't found one reason not to unlock the bootloader yet.

** Edit: Z2 has BIONZ image processing, sounds like they implemented it via hardware this time.

Last edited:

nreuge

Apr 22, 2013
Saint-Nazaire
X-Reality does not work on unlocked Z2 with the latest stock rom (.402).
Fortunately, there is a patch that bring it back :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

things i dont like-
    finger print magnet
    too much bloatware
    many others,

things i like-
    fast as can be
    looks simple, elegant
    sony Features i love
    many others too

Very plausible, the Z2 doesn't have BIONZ, at least not in software form. It does have X-Reality but that works after you unlock the bootloader. In any case, feel free to unlock, there are virtually no drawbacks. Do what I did and make sure you cash in on your free music, movies and apps first though, I believe once you're unlocked you can't use those codes. Not sure.

The only thing is, as of right now there's no way to backup the TA partition on the Z2 but honestly, I haven't found one reason not to unlock the bootloader yet.

** Edit: Z2 has BIONZ image processing, sounds like they implemented it via hardware this time.