Search This thread

atrix2man

Dec 30, 2012
A2EPT Presents...
Another port for the Edison dearest...

Prepare for Carbonization!!! :cool:

All thanks to @qkdxorjs1002

Disclaimer:

We are NOT responsible if your phone explodes or cause something bad like you lose your high score, if something does happen, we will all try our best to help you out of it.
It's YOUR device, and YOU choose what you do with it.
If you have an error, please attach a logcat to it as it becomes easier to fix.

10411954_10201924925995857_8100378229684609517_n.jpg

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project.

We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.
We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn’t been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please – let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features:

Even though Carbon keeps a very stock AOSP look overall, it is still PACKED with additional features that you can enable as you please. There are honestly way too many features to list, but we have the main features highlighted in some snazzy gifs presented below. Under 'Screenies'

Screenies:
Prepare for a long list :eek:

Swi8l1E.gif

Zkxucnt-Imgur.png

XV8hhQX-Imgur.png

XQlVmTV-Imgur.png

wyUYttY-Imgur.gif

vOWGXvA-Imgur.gif

UT2a0qI-Imgur.gif

tn3sW6g-Imgur.gif

tgZ1KCm-Imgur.png

Rouxc3Y-Imgur.gif

q2ailnf-Imgur.gif

lc2A3Y7-Imgur.gif

bbiqNqP-Imgur.png

9OMPlUz-Imgur.gif

Download:

Carbon
Gapps

Flashing Instruction:

*USE BMM ONLY!*
1. Wipe data/cache, factory reset
2. Install Flash ROM, preferably on a non-main system. (system 3 to 6)
3. Flash Gapps, using Banks minimal gapps is recommended.
4. Get back to the Carbon Era :cool:

Carbon Updates:

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests/giveaways, and more! All news will be posted here as a hub, and then replicated to each respective media.

Facebook
Twitter
Google+

Credits:

qkdxorjs1002 (for port ROM)
alteredlikeness (for base ROM)
and..
everyone who is responsible for bringing us this awesome rom into realization :crying:

And fellow members of the A2EPT:
Aceofzeroz
atrix2man
arnab -----> our newest addition

Last edited by a moderator:

Uzayr

Mar 3, 2013
Chennai
Former OP

A2EPT Presents...

Disclaimer:

We are NOT responsible if your phone explodes or cause something bad like you lose your high score, if something does happen, we will all try our best to help you out of it.

We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn’t been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please – let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features:

Even though Carbon keeps a very stock AOSP look overall, it is still PACKED with additional features that you can enable as you please. There are honestly way too many features to list, but we have the main features highlighted in some snazzy gifs presented below. Under 'Screenies'

Screenies:

Swi8l1E.gif

Zkxucnt-Imgur.png

XV8hhQX-Imgur.png

XQlVmTV-Imgur.png

wyUYttY-Imgur.gif

vOWGXvA-Imgur.gif

UT2a0qI-Imgur.gif

tn3sW6g-Imgur.gif

tgZ1KCm-Imgur.png

Rouxc3Y-Imgur.gif

q2ailnf-Imgur.gif

lc2A3Y7-Imgur.gif

bbiqNqP-Imgur.png

9OMPlUz-Imgur.gif

Download:

Carbon
Gapps

Flashing Instruction:

*USE BMM ONLY!*

Carbon Updates:

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests/giveaways, and more! All news will be posted here as a hub, and then replicated to each respective media.

Facebook
Twitter
Google+

Credits:

and..
everyone who is responsible for bringing us this awesome rom into realization :crying:

Aceofzeroz
atrix2man

Last edited by a moderator:

noranora

Jul 23, 2013
I'm waiting for this from you guys for ages. Thank you!! So excited that I jump on my bed!!

sameerm02

Jul 24, 2013
Pune
Great another ROM !!.......... A2EPT is on fire !! :laugh: :laugh: :victory:

Thanks guys... :good: :good:

Will try it soon !!! :cowboy:

Holyy ****tt...my favourite ROM is back...I loved Ravis CArbon ROM so much that i IGNORED the battery drain and still used it....

Finally a KK based CARBON ROM with JBX...my dreams are indeed coming true.....A2EPT way to GO :)

Reactions: Uzayr
REVIEW !!

That's good to know ;)
be sure to share your experiences :good:

this time it's here for good :highfive:

This rom is a BEAAST...no doubt about that....
But a few pointers...

> Battery is great on standby.....a full night with gsm on ...drain was 0.9% per hour , But as this ROM uses JBX...the device gets heated up and battery starts draining faster when i play casual games for 5 mins or even browse over wifi for 5-10 mins...
This issue has been persistent on me whenever i go to a JBX based ROM.....I dont face any kind of issue on the CM11 REMIX V2.9.3 by acezofzeros...its JBX definitely... @Uzayr , can we have a CM kernel based CARBON ROM anytime you feel its convinient to your tight schedule ?? :)......u can take as much time you want....but i m sure CArbon on a CM kernel will be very very nice indeed ;)

And again tanks for BRINGING CARBON to us....
and i am gonna use this CARBON anyway despite JBX heating issues...

Reactions: noranora

Uzayr

Mar 3, 2013
Chennai
But a few pointers...

> Battery is great on standby.....a full night with gsm on ...drain was 0.9% per hour , But as this ROM uses JBX...the device gets heated up and battery starts draining faster when i play casual games for 5 mins or even browse over wifi for 5-10 mins...
This issue has been persistent on me whenever i go to a JBX based ROM.....I dont face any kind of issue on the CM11 REMIX V2.9.3 by acezofzeros...its JBX definitely... @Uzayr , can we have a CM kernel based CARBON ROM anytime you feel its convinient to your tight schedule ?? :)......u can take as much time you want....but i m sure CArbon on a CM kernel will be very very nice indeed ;)

Sure,
i'd rather base my ports on altered's kernel commits,
i never had luck with jbx myself :crying:

alrighty...from the next build on...gonna revert back to altered's kernel.
thanks for the feedback :laugh:

Sure,

I mean the device is supper snappy with JBX.,...no doubt...
But altere's CM kernel is overall a lot stable......thanks for considering...Cheers mate :)

رامز

Nov 8, 2013
Cairo
looks really promising :) I'm going to flash it now and compare it with SlimKat.

EDIT: Carbon has a strange bug...when I lock the screen "screen off" a small red light is constantly open next to the proximity sensor? this light only when we make a call but in carbon it lights all the time when screen is off.

Last edited:

dmroeder

Oct 14, 2012
Portland, OR
You download my source build that I've been testing. I'm guessing you went to the dmroeder folder and download one of those. This is not the one intended to be used

edit: I deleted that folder to save confusion. Sorry about that, I should have named the folder "DoNotDownload"!

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: رامز

رامز

Nov 8, 2013
Cairo
You download my source build that I've been testing. I'm guessing you went to the dmroeder folder and download one of those. This is not the one intended to be used

edit: I deleted that folder to save confusion. Sorry about that, I should have named the folder "DoNotDownload"!

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

oh...thanks, I've just seen the 4.4.3 build in that file so I downloaded it immediately :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Former OP

A2EPT Presents...

Disclaimer:

Features:

Screenies:

Swi8l1E.gif

Zkxucnt-Imgur.png

XV8hhQX-Imgur.png

XQlVmTV-Imgur.png

wyUYttY-Imgur.gif

vOWGXvA-Imgur.gif

UT2a0qI-Imgur.gif

tn3sW6g-Imgur.gif

tgZ1KCm-Imgur.png

Rouxc3Y-Imgur.gif

q2ailnf-Imgur.gif

lc2A3Y7-Imgur.gif

bbiqNqP-Imgur.png

9OMPlUz-Imgur.gif

Download:

Carbon
    Gapps

Flashing Instruction:

*USE BMM ONLY!*

Carbon Updates:

Facebook
    Twitter
    Google+

Credits:

and..

Aceofzeroz
    atrix2man
    Holyy ****tt...my favourite ROM is back...I loved Ravis CArbon ROM so much that i IGNORED the battery drain and still used it....

Finally a KK based CARBON ROM with JBX...my dreams are indeed coming true.....A2EPT way to GO :)

That's good to know ;)

But a few pointers...

Sure,

REVIEW !!

That's good to know ;)

But a few pointers...