I/O performance Issue

Search This thread

K3A

Mar 12, 2014
I have slow performance issue in my device. After investigation I found that it may be related to I/O performance. I used AndroBench to double check this and the results are 1/4 in compare to T889 which is considered to be my device :(

View attachment 2760406

View attachment 2760407

View attachment 2760408

2014-05-24-all.jpg

My device is T889, Rooted
ROM Android 4.3, DN3 V3.1.1 LTE
Kernel Version 3.0.31-2118172 se.infra@SEP-135 #1 (Stock)

Background Applications:
Samsung Account (Sync turned off)
Email (using Microsoft exchange)
Gmail (two accounts, contacts, email, and calendar only )
Twitter (Sync turned off)
LinkedIN (Sync LinkedIN Data)
Yahoo mail
Skype (Sync turned off)
Telegram (Sync turned off)
Lync 2013 (Sync turned off)
SoundCloud

Major Applications:
XPrivacy
Smart App Lock
Xposed Installer

I need you advice how to boost I/O performance to the normal level as it should be

Thanks

K3A

Mar 12, 2014
call for experts

Views: 62 without any reply ... please help me :crying:

Last edited:

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle
Views: 62 without any reply ... please help me :crying:

Try using an app that has been updated within the last 2+ years. The one you decided on was last updated in February of 2012. Abandonware is not usually going to give the best results.

Benchmarks are arbitrary and have no real meaning. The one you went with doesn't really say what is being tested. Your results seem to be related to SD card performance. Try a more reputable app such as Antutu or similar if you simply must delve into benchmarking.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

K3A

Mar 12, 2014
Try using an app that has been updated within the last 2+ years. The one you decided on was last updated in February of 2012. Abandonware is not usually going to give the best results.

Benchmarks are arbitrary and have no real meaning. The one you went with doesn't really say what is being tested. Your results seem to be related to SD card performance. Try a more reputable app such as Antutu or similar if you simply must delve into benchmarking.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

Thank you ... I installed the last version of Antutu after that I did unmount to ext-sd card and then I/O test . the result is attached below

Screenshots_2014-05-25-12-58-42.jpg

appreciate your advice

K3A

Mar 12, 2014
call for experts

Is there any quick enhancement that I can add/modify to the kernel that increase the performance of I/O ?