White cat tool (all in one p769 tools)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Kmggarkmon197

May 4, 2014
Akron
Well I decided to start a thread for the tools we are developing. Once they are released i'm hoping a moderator can move this to the developing section. I will be making a email for questions and comments on this project in a bit and will post it once finished. You can also voice your opinion/comments here. To anyone that hasn't heard yet we are making a program that will unlock the bootloader, flash kdzs, add tweaks/mods, and flash roms/kernels. We should have a alpha version to our testers in the next few weeks and progress from there!! We will also be doing some giveaways and such along the way!! As a matter of fact, we are doing a contest to give away a 3-piece LG L9 black case starting today and ending Sunday at midnight!!!! It's a very nice case with a built in kickstand and belt clip holster!!!! We are going the old skool route for giving this away. So we have picked a number between 1 and 1500 whoever guesses the number or the closest wins!!! PM your guess!! Now how it will work if there is mulltiple people with the correct number is we will do a second number and the winner of the second guess wins. Good luck!!!

damathos

Jan 23, 2008
Minneapolis
:good: :highfive:

We are getting closer ! can't wait for that tool to be released and finally try a CM11 (or your rom !)

Kmggarkmon197

May 4, 2014
Akron
Well we have a winner for the case giveaway!! We decided on 967 which is simply 769 backwards. junglistknot was the winner and only 20 off with 987!! Good job!!! We also have a bluetooth speaker and a Bluetooth headset we will be giving away next!! Subscribe so you don't miss out. Also the people who are willling to be alpha and beta testers keep an eye in your inboxs. Hopefully next week we will be releasing the alpha version of the flash section of the tool which flashes the kdz and roots and pushes cwm and busy box. Don't worry as most of you probably know you can create a backup of your current setup to restore after testing so you will not lose any data. Hope everyone had a good weekend and I'll keep you posted when possible!

travioso

Dec 16, 2013
Well we have a winner for the case giveaway!! We decided on 967 which is simply 769 backwards. junglistknot was the winner and only 20 off with 987!! Good job!!! We also have a bluetooth speaker and a Bluetooth headset we will be giving away next!! Subscribe so you don't miss out. Also the people who are willling to be alpha and beta testers keep an eye in your inboxs. Hopefully next week we will be releasing the alpha version of the flash section of the tool which flashes the kdz and roots and pushes cwm and busy box. Don't worry as most of you probably know you can create a backup of your current setup to restore after testing so you will not lose any data. Hope everyone had a good weekend and I'll keep you posted when possible!

Awesome news.. definitely up for guinea pigging it.. so is the first alpha going to unlock and push cwm for unlocked boot loaders or 2nd init?

Kmggarkmon197

May 4, 2014
Akron
Awesome news.. definitely up for guinea pigging it.. so is the first alpha going to unlock and push cwm for unlocked boot loaders or 2nd init?

I've been meaning to explain a little more as to what we are planning as far as testing goes, however this is the only free time I've had due to the holiday weekend. So our plan is as follows, during the alpha phase we will release the individual features of the tool to our testers. Then once each feature is stable and working well it will be moved to the beta stage. During beta stage we will be compiling all the features into a single tool. This phase will work out any bugs in the tools interface and ensure the features remain stable when condensed into a single tool. Once every aspect of tool is working well and virtually bug free we will release the stable version. What we plan on releasing next week will simply wipe any current exploits on the phone, then flash a KDZ which makes the phone 100% STOCK with no root and back to stock recovery for those who have already rooted and are using a custom recovery. Then we will be releasing the section responsible for rooting the device, pushing CWM recovery, busy box and the flashable zip which will soon contain the bootloader exploit. Followed by releasing the actual exploit to unlock/bypass the bootloader ( the zip in the previous release will just be a test zip to address any issues we may face while pushing it to the sd card.) Once everything is worked out and working well we will move into beta phase. We will touch base and discuss this more when the time comes. Hope this clears up some questions and gives people a idea of how this will go. Everyone have a great day and stay tuned!

LaDY Vengeance

Aug 27, 2013
Philadelphia
Then we will be releasing the section responsible for rooting the device, pushing CWM recovery, busy box and the flashable zip which will soon contain the bootloader exploit. Followed by releasing the actual exploit to unlock/bypass the bootloader. ( the zip in the previous release will just be a test zip to address any issues we may face while pushing it to the sd card.)

So this will basically be an automated way of flashing kdzs, rooting and pushing the 2nd init CWM. And the test zip won't do anything at all? Why not just upload the test zip so the testers can flash it? This phone is pretty much unbrickable. Sorry for the questions...I like to learn by asking people smarter than me...lol. :)

Reactions: travioso

travioso

Dec 16, 2013
I've been meaning to explain a little more as to what we are planning as far as testing goes, however this is the only free time I've had due to the holiday weekend. So our plan is as follows, during the alpha phase we will release the individual features of the tool to our testers. Then once each feature is stable and working well it will be moved to the beta stage. During beta stage we will be compiling all the features into a single tool. This phase will work out any bugs in the tools interface and ensure the features remain stable when condensed into a single tool. Once every aspect of tool is working well and virtually bug free we will release the stable version. What we plan on releasing next week will simply wipe any current exploits on the phone, then flash a KDZ which makes the phone 100% STOCK with no root and back to stock recovery for those who have already rooted and are using a custom recovery. Then we will be releasing the section responsible for rooting the device, pushing CWM recovery, busy box and the flashable zip which will soon contain the bootloader exploit. Followed by releasing the actual exploit to unlock/bypass the bootloader ( the zip in the previous release will just be a test zip to address any issues we may face while pushing it to the sd card.) Once everything is worked out and working well we will move into beta phase. We will touch base and discuss this more when the time comes. Hope this clears up some questions and gives people a idea of how this will go. Everyone have a great day and stay tuned!

So this will basically be an automated way of flashing kdzs, rooting and pushing the 2nd init CWM. And the test zip won't do anything at all? Why not just upload the test zip so the testers can flash it? This phone is pretty much unbrickable. Sorry for the questions...I like to learn by asking people smarter than me...lol. :)

what she said :)

shinobisoft

Recognized Contributor
Feb 18, 2012
Knoxville, TN
This is just my humble opinion, especially since I am a Windows software developer.

Y'all are making a mountain out of a mole hill. I understand the desire to help, which is greatly appreciated. Why reinvent the wheel tho??? We already have tools for flashing KDZs. We have a quite good recovery now, based on Philz-Touch, that works with both locked and unlocked bootloaders.

I know what's involved in writing software for Windows. Granted I'm old school and prefer to do things the hard way, go figure... but I still know none the less. The main issue of interest here, is simply unlocking the bootloader.

My two cents...

Kmggarkmon197

May 4, 2014
Akron
This is just my humble opinion, especially since I am a Windows software developer.

Y'all are making a mountain out of a mole hill. I understand the desire to help, which is greatly appreciated. Why reinvent the wheel tho??? We already have tools for flashing KDZs. We have a quite good recovery now, based on Philz-Touch, that works with both locked and unlocked bootloaders.

I know what's involved in writing software for Windows. Granted I'm old school and prefer to do things the hard way, go figure... but I still know none the less. The main issue of interest here, is simply unlocking the bootloader.

My two cents...

You may not have read about how this came about being as its in the original thread I commented in but we are in a developing program at Ohio university. This also explains the white cat tool name if anyone was wondering as well. We are running with it because it's part of school and we figured why not make something people will acctually use and appreciate. I've used a few of the tools you speak of for the KDZs and kind of a pain worrying about the host file and other issues they are known to encounter. You'll appreciate what we are doing when the end product is released. As for the recovery that's great you have a good recovery but who doesn't want another equally if not better one maybe? Not to mention if you go to a heavily supported forum there is more recovery versions/variants than I can count on my hands and feet! This goes for tools that do the same thing but were created by different developers. Glad you think we are doing such a big feat but we are certainly not reinventing the wheel. Honestly it's pretty straight forward developing, that's not intend as a insult either. I've just always learned the more development/support a device has the better. So I hope that sums up why we are going this route instead of slapping a zip together in a sitting that will be a nightmare to try to figure the bugs out on due to the variants in mods and firmware differences each person is running. Now to answer the question about test zip.. We are not including it because it is not yet compiled, we are doing this in sections during the alpha phase and have only been working on the flash portion. Don't worry it will be released very soon after!

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
I'm kinda glad there's a new way, last time I used the current 2nd init cwm I ended up with a issue with /data not mounting correctly and had to remove the 2nd init over adb, hoping I don't see the same here. This should be interesting, i'm assuming if you are saying that we are flashing a kdz without modifying our hosts file that you made your own version of lg's flashing program? If so that is actually pretty cool in itself.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk

junglistknot

Jan 31, 2013

Awesome!! Thanks

travioso

Dec 16, 2013
Not asking for an eta.. but short version.. things on track? Call it inquiring minds want to know :)

Sent from my LGMS769 using XDA Free mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well I decided to start a thread for the tools we are developing. Once they are released i'm hoping a moderator can move this to the developing section. I will be making a email for questions and comments on this project in a bit and will post it once finished. You can also voice your opinion/comments here. To anyone that hasn't heard yet we are making a program that will unlock the bootloader, flash kdzs, add tweaks/mods, and flash roms/kernels. We should have a alpha version to our testers in the next few weeks and progress from there!! We will also be doing some giveaways and such along the way!! As a matter of fact, we are doing a contest to give away a 3-piece LG L9 black case starting today and ending Sunday at midnight!!!! It's a very nice case with a built in kickstand and belt clip holster!!!! We are going the old skool route for giving this away. So we have picked a number between 1 and 1500 whoever guesses the number or the closest wins!!! PM your guess!! Now how it will work if there is mulltiple people with the correct number is we will do a second number and the winner of the second guess wins. Good luck!!!
    BTW, this thread is kinda misleading as there really isn't a "white cat tool" available yet. You need to put WIP on the thread title....jussayin. ;)

Sent from my LG-P769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yes, you are probably right. It is however in General not android development so that should be a hint. They do exist however so no need to change it now! lol Monday we are finishing up making it a .exe (originally planned a .bat but Mitch insisted on it being a .exe). We will be uploading it to a server for our testers to download! Then we will see how that goes and go from there! We also ask that our testers stick with us to complete this project. Please don't unlock your bootloader with the alpha release and think thats all I needed and leave us hanging. Keep in mind the only reason you have the program so early is for testing! All the people that PM'd about testing keep an eye on your inbox Monday evening, you will be getting a link along with directions of what all we need you to do! Thanks everyone!
    Members seem a bit of trolling done by this OP, no more. Thread Closed and Judgment Passed on OP.
    LOL....or like.....

Sent from my LG-P769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

My two cents...