[How-To][GUIDE] Root [i8190/N/L] easiest way

Search This thread

kawaiidesu

Apr 23, 2014
Does this root method works on GT I8190LUBAMK1 (4.1.2 android, samsung s3 mini)? I just want to be sure to not screw up my phone! Thanks in advance

jarhead70

May 6, 2014
Hi,

I tried your method and it failed with this error message, when trying to apply root.zip with CWM
Code:
-- Appling Multi-CSC...
Applied the CSC-code : XSE
Successfully applied multi-CSC.

-- Install /sdcard
Finding update package...
Opening update package
Verifying update package...
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed

The OS Build number: JZO54K.I8190DXAMJ1

Any way to work around this?

vicvx

May 6, 2014
Worked for me, thanks. I decided to go this route rather than risk it with VRoot.

Now to install Maclaw's CyanogenMod :cool:

gorantz

Aug 4, 2011
I downloaded file from step 1 and I should unzip it but that file is not zipped file it is:

recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.2.7-golden.tar.md5

is it allready unzipped?

p.s does it work with I8190 - XXAMG4 ?

Last edited:

tys0n

I downloaded file from step 1 and I should unzip it but that file is not zipped file it is:

is it allready unzipped?

Will this work on XXAML1 , thanks.

Sent from my GT-I8190N

Just put the *.tar.md5 in PDA in ODIN.
Method works for all versions.
Just one thing..it's better if you flash latest version of recovery instead of that one. This thread havn't been updated in a long time.
Search for Philz recovery or TWRP2.7.

gorantz

Aug 4, 2011
Just one thing..it's better if you flash latest version of recovery instead of that one. This thread havn't been updated in a long time.

I folllow these steps:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2748327

Now I have screen and options (Install, Wipe, Backup, Restore, Mount, Settings, Advanced, Reboot), what should I do next to complete procedure of installing CM 11 by Maclaw ?? pls help I am new to this one :D

Last edited:

NeoPaladin

Jun 1, 2014
Does not do anythying on my i8190

Greetings, i'm new here and migrating from blackberry to android with this phone :)

I did all the ODIN steps to flash the I8190_TWRP_2.7.0.0.tar.md5 file (with download mode down+start+power) to install kit kat later and in the end of the procedure its says PASS in my ODIN screen, but my android phone stills in the downloading screen with the bar full and never resets (i dont know if this is normal), i let it be like 5 minutes and still same.

so, I turned off my phone presing for 5 seconds the power button, and when i tried to enter recovery mode inmediatly after powering it off, (up+start+power) the system still shows me the same "Android System Recovery <3e> of always and doenst install the TWRP as it supposed to do.

I dont know if im doing something wrong, but im stuck here to continue my journey to kit kat 4.4.2

My Android OS version on my i8190 is: 4.1.1 JRO03H.I8190XXALL2 and as far i know it has been never flashed before.

thank you for all the help you can give me!

by_rofl_alex

Jun 2, 2014
As I know TWRP 2.7.0.0 for i8190 is only update. Before its installing you should download 2.6.0.0 and install this version.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using XDA Free mobile app

LuqmaanMathee

Nov 27, 2013
Cape Town
Hey there to the thread starter, maybe you should link the new versions of cwm, twrp and philz to this thread? They can do the same thing and eliminates flashing more than one file.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

cuāuhtli

Nov 18, 2010
Chula Vista
Boot loop/ soft bricked

So after i flashed the recovery in odin the phone went into a boot loop. i have searched for hours and havent come up with a solution. please help!
I have the Metro PCS Exhibit (SGH-T559N)
By the way, I did read the op and this isn't my first rodeo. I've successfully rooted, un-bricked, un-rooted, and flashed the recoveries of my previous phones, which include: T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant, Verizon HTC Thunderbolt, Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3, AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2, T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4, T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3, and the Nexus 5.
But for some stupid reason (I'm probably the one that messed up) I can't un-brick this stupid thing!

***UPDATE***
I was able to fix it by flashing a pre-rooted firmware using ODIN
tys0n is a life-saver!
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2489238
interestingly, in my frenzy to find SOMETHING that will work, I downloaded the one for the T-Mobile variant and it works.

Last edited:

LuqmaanMathee

Nov 27, 2013
Cape Town
So after i flashed the recovery in odin the phone went into a boot loop. i have searched for hours and havent come up with a solution. please help!
I have the Metro PCS Exhibit (SGH-T559N)
By the way, I did read the op and this isn't my first rodeo. I've successfully rooted, un-bricked, un-rooted, and flashed the recoveries of my previous phones, which include: T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant, Verizon HTC Thunderbolt, Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3, AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2, T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4, T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3, and the Nexus 5.
But for some stupid reason (I'm probably the one that messed up) I can't un-brick this stupid thing!

***UPDATE***
I was able to fix it by flashing a pre-rooted firmware using ODIN
tys0n is a life-saver!
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2489238
interestingly, in my frenzy to find SOMETHING that will work, I downloaded the one for the T-Mobile variant and it works.
Why did you flash i8190 recovery to your T-Mobile version?

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm very proud today to present to you my first teaching guide about
    the final and the most easy method
    to root your siii mini without any download of a new firmware :eek: hehehe you think am crazy well let's find out:

:cool::cool:*****And the good news that at the end you will not lose your warranty by CBC (custom binary count increase)***** :cool::cool:

a little note before we begin I have never do anything by my own,all things you will see here is from different post
    from our wonderfull members so if you wish to thank anyone just thank them and (this little post ;) )...am here just doing a little arranging.

without any more words let's start:​

1)install CWM recovery:
    ****if you haven't hear the good news yet am gonna tell it to you,
    the wonderful team of cwm have finally maked our devices supported
    so now it's more stable...more official..& will ITS WORKING ;)****

1- download this file
    and unzip it. (Thank you my dear friend tys0n for the link )

2- download odin

3- shutdown/turn off your phone.

4- enter the download mode (to do that : Press the power key+volume down+home key).

5- continue (press the volume up key).

6- now plug your phone to any windows OS (PC,laptop..).

7- open odin.

8-
    attachment.php

9- press the PDA button and select the unziped file from step (1)

10- press start button (and just wait till your phone is rebooted and a sign in odin tells you 'PASS!!')

##congratulations man you now have the cwm recovery and to access it (just follow the easy guide
    by ppero169 how to reboot into recovery

2)download the root file:
    1- download this zip file into your sdcard (super thanks to shaan :good: :)

2- reboot to recovery (see the step 10 in stage one)

P.S : to navigate throw the CWM just use the up and down volume keys and the power button to select.

3- choose 'install zip from sd card'

4- choose 'choose zip from external sd card' or 'choose zip from internal sd card' it depend on where you put the root.zip file

5- navigate to the place you put the root.zip file on it (it's very recommended that you put it in the main tree..) and select it

6- get down to yes and select it
    attachment.php

and let it do it's magic ;)

7-then press 'reboot your system now' to reboot

and now dude you have a fully rooted
    phone just like that...thank you veru mush for your patience
    thank to all the member who gave us thoose wonderful files tools and thank you. :D:D:D

And the last and final step when you have successfully rooted your phone install the triangle away app from play store "] by the great member chainfire :thumbup: and wipe you cbc and you warranty is back :cowboy::cowboy:

and now for some evidances to my work (from my own phone):

attachment.php

attachment.php

And again I will repeat all the work done in this thread is done by other great members ...but plz support me by a thank
    and thank you
    Thanks alot!
    Just a question: Doesn't install cwm through odin make your custom binary increase?
    If so, I think it should be mensioned in the text.
    thank you @tys0n for answering...sorry members but I was busy the
    whole day..

Sent from my GT-I8190 using xda premium
    Re: [GUIDE]Step by Step to root

Thanks alot!
    Just a question: Doesn't install cwm through odin make your custom binary increase?
    If so, I think it should be mensioned in the text.

Haha I was just talking to my self and saying that something is missing okay I will edit thank you.

sent from the super siii mini GT-I8190 using xda premium app.

is it allready unzipped?

Will this work on XXAML1 , thanks.

Sent from my GT-I8190N