Guyz Please Suggest me Phone glass broken

Search This thread

mvgadagi

Jan 28, 2011
Bengaluru
Guyz Unfortunately my G2 fell and glass broken Please suggest me and Is there any way to replace and how much may be the cost?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 613

zathus

Aug 25, 2009
I'm pretty sure lg will fix that for like 100 bucks.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: mvgadagi

mjones73

Apr 5, 2010
North East, MD
just claim the warranty, LG should help you I guess.

Manufacturer warranties don't cover broken screens...

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

Guyz Unfortunately my G2 fell and glass broken Please suggest me and Is there any way to replace and how much may be the cost?

You can send it off to LG, I think it's like $130-$150 to get it fixed. Given it's just cracked in the corner, a case would probably cover that up in the mean time.

DjKr1z

Nov 8, 2013
Jakarta
Manufacturer warranties don't cover broken screens...

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

You can send it off to LG, I think it's like $130-$150 to get it fixed. Given it's just cracked in the corner, a case would probably cover that up in the mean time.
Well, in Indonesia, LG replace the broken screen for the first 6 months warranty for free, only for LG G2.

kye1987

Apr 28, 2014
yep

I have this issue too. Dropped mine (in the included case) and it fell out of the case , gently tapping the ground and I have about an inch crack down the left of the screen. Only hairline but still it's noticeable during use. Might give it a go replacing myself as I'm not paying LG £100.

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

watching this clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTKV0RRv2IU

The guy is pretty damn slow but i get the idea. heat the screen, wedge it off the lcd. Clean, stick new digitser on.

what is the cleaning solution he used? Just, that is going to be a key part, as it needs to be perfectly clean before you put the digitiser glass over it, or I will forever have to put up with a sticky horrible looking screen! Any tips, advice, and your recommendations for screen cleaner would be great.

mvgadagi

Jan 28, 2011
Bengaluru
I asked LG People They told that they will fix it for 130$ and I can't claim the warranty as it's physical damage..

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

mike t

Oct 15, 2007
I have this issue too. Dropped mine (in the included case) and it fell out of the case , gently tapping the ground and I have about an inch crack down the left of the screen. Only hairline but still it's noticeable during use. Might give it a go replacing myself as I'm not paying LG £100.

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

watching this clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTKV0RRv2IU

The guy is pretty damn slow but i get the idea. heat the screen, wedge it off the lcd. Clean, stick new digitser on.

what is the cleaning solution he used? Just, that is going to be a key part, as it needs to be perfectly clean before you put the digitiser glass over it, or I will forever have to put up with a sticky horrible looking screen! Any tips, advice, and your recommendations for screen cleaner would be great.

90% alcohol to clean the LCD and you can use a razor blade to scrape the big stuff off. Be warned I fix phones as a hobby that pays and separating the glass from the digitizer/LCD is not easy! You should look it up on YouTube there are a lot of videos of it being done with Samsung phones. The key to it is the right amount of heat (too much will damage the LCD) and going very slow. If you crack the LCD it will cost more to replace it than the cost to have LG do it. The guy in the video was a little too rough in my opinion and I suggest using a plastic pick. Be very gentle and take your time all the way through. Good luck!

Sent from my VS980 4G

Last edited:

votinh

Jul 6, 2011
When sending the unit in LG repair dept, do we need to attach the Proof of Purchase along? I've lost the receipt and don't know what I should do.

scottdanpor

Oct 10, 2011

I'd just put a znitro tempered glass protector on that with a case and be done.

I replaced my screen (water damage) with one from Ebay. Cost $120 and I did the work myself. Though, you really don't need a new screen.

Top Liked Posts