[APP] Stock HTC Flashlight App - fixed

Search This thread

kschwarz88

Dec 29, 2010
Thank freaking goodness you ported this app. I used this app all the time on the DINC, I wondered why it wasn't in the Rezound.

maximus20895

Dec 12, 2011
I definitely remember seeing this when I got my rezound. Wonder why some of you guys didn't have it?

papadelogan

Apr 26, 2012
How to install apk?

I'll do some digging, and I have downloaded the attached file, but how exactly do I get this on to my Rezound? I have it rooted and am using the stock ROM. Thanks!!

krelvinaz

Feb 20, 2008
Mesa AZ
It is an APK, download it tho your phone and the click on the file and it will install.

You need to have are 3rd party apps show tuned on.

Via Rezound using XDA Premium

chilmark3

Jun 30, 2012
Thnx

The flashlight apk works awesome on my new Rezound. I've been checking out posts here at XDA for like 2 years and this is my first post. Everyone here at XDA seems really knowledgable and willing to help out. Thanks again and I'll be back.

samstein66

Jul 17, 2012
FYI, this also works on the new Incredible 4g (though the target is obviously not quite right... a bit below and to the right of the power button)

ceno78

Nov 12, 2012
I've been searching for the HTC flashlight for a while now since getting my Rezound. Still not sure why HTC removed it in the first place. The app works great but I think I have found a conflict with this app on the Rezound. It appears to prevent or disable the auto-rotate screen ability on the phone (even tho auto-rotate is showing as enabled in the display settings). And it seems to bug out the G-sensor calibration as well. I am not sure if it is version specific but I am running Android 4.0.3 with HTC Sense 3.6

I first noticed this when I was browsing the web and turned the phone sideways to get into landscape view and it wasn't rotating. It was also preventing rotation in every app I had on the phone. (image gallery, android market, txt messages etc). When I uninstalled the flashlight app and did a soft reset on the phone, my auto rotate was working again. At the time I wasn't sure if the flashlight app was the problem so I installed it again and lost my auto-rotate and G-sensor again. I have since removed the flashlight app. :(

Since I literally just got this phone a day ago, the only app I have installed is this flashlight app. Everything else on the phone is untouched right out of the box so I'm fairly sure it's not another app causing the problem.

This is unfortunate as I really want a flashlight app but every single one on the android market all ask for weird permissions which I don't want to give. (The one from HTC only wanted the "prevent phone from sleeping" permission.) The market place ones all want stuff like gps location, access to the camera, full internet access, read sms permissions etc etc. A flashight app has no need for those permissions imo.

I really wish htc didn't remove the flashlight app from the Rezound. :(

Any chance this can be fixed?

Last edited:

accord1

Sep 12, 2011
Thanks a lot for this! I had the stock flashlight app on my droid incredible and incredible 2 and I really missed it on my rezound!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app

CianasaurusRex

Nov 27, 2012
My fiance and I recently got ourselves a pair of Rezounds. He used to use this flashlight application on his EVO all the time, and in our opinion it's the best of its kind. Even though this so far has been the most promising HTC flashlight application that I've come across, it seems like the app is working on everyone's Rezound but mine. The app comes up perfectly on the phone, however, when I got to switch the flashlight on, nothing happens. I tried tapping every bit of the phone's screen and messing with the menu options, but it does no good. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it's just my phone. If anyone can help me out with this issue, that'd be awesome and greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to tweak this great application for us Rezound users, though. :)

Mooselips

Dec 20, 2010
One thing to try is restart your phone. Maybe pull the battery. Some people with the new HTC Droid DNA report that the flashlight (fixed for that phone, of course) works after restart. Mine worked fine on the Rezound, and now works on the new phone.

If that doesn't do it, you could uninstall and reinstall it. Sometimes apps don't install correctly. I'd clear cash, uninstall, redownload it again on the phone, maybe send by bluetooth from your fiance's phone. That's about all you can try.

Sent from HTC Droid DNA

CianasaurusRex

Nov 27, 2012
One thing to try is restart your phone. Maybe pull the battery. Some people with the new HTC Droid DNA report that the flashlight (fixed for that phone, of course) works after restart. Mine worked fine on the Rezound, and now works on the new phone.

If that doesn't do it, you could uninstall and reinstall it. Sometimes apps don't install correctly. I'd clear cash, uninstall, redownload it again on the phone, maybe send by bluetooth from your fiance's phone. That's about all you can try.

Sent from HTC Droid DNA

I actually reinstalled the app just now to see if a restart would get it working, but before restarting the phone I opened up the application without realizing it, and it decided to finally work, haha. So, everything's cool now. :cool: Thank you for your time and help.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I took the stock HTC flashlight app that we all love and corrected the alignment so that it works on the Rezound.

Credits:

HTC for making the Original app

bast525 for Sensation Flashlight APK

Serinety for correcting alignment

The next version of this app will have some themeing to make it fit the Rezound Styling

attachment.php
    I'm not a developer so I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to non market apps.
    I love my HTC flashlight on my DINC1. I downloaded the APK file but when I go to my downloads and click on it I get a "cannot open file" message. I did change my settings to allow non market apps but I'm lost after that. Any help is greatly appreciated.

It did the same for me until I downloaded a file system manager app (root explorer, root browser, etc.) and installed it through that rather than the 'downloads' app on the phone.