[Q] 4.0.4 alarm clock,can it run on 4.4.2?

Search This thread

Tsunamijhoe

Oct 14, 2012
Hey guys.
I was hoping someone could help me a bit.

I have gotten a new Sony Xperia Z1 Compact (android 4.4.3), but i HATE the system clock widget/app with the analog hands,and minimalist design,so i installed an apk extractor on my Samsung Galaxy S3 (android 4.0.4) to try and get the system clock app from there as i absolutly love it with its big digital numbers,and exact manual input of desired countdown timer,and apk extracted fine,but when i try and install it on my xperia i get an "app not installed" error after installation actually has happened.

Is this not possible what i am trying to do? Is the clock proprietary to each company the phone is from?

Any insight is greatly appreciated as i have very little knowledge about these phones and android

This is the clock i am hoping to get on my Xperia:

Attachments

• shot_M_r_18_2012_3.jpg
    shot_M_r_18_2012_3.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 24
  • shot_M_r_18_2012_2.jpg
    shot_M_r_18_2012_2.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 23
  • shot_M_r_18_2012_0.jpg
    shot_M_r_18_2012_0.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 20
  • shot_M_r_18_2012_4.jpg
    shot_M_r_18_2012_4.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Looks like you are after proprietary .apks, maybe try the clock from aosp or just downloading one from the app store

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Tsunamijhoe

Oct 14, 2012
Looks like you are after proprietary .apks, maybe try the clock from aosp or just downloading one from the app store

Well, i havent found one on app store that has 4 different apps in 1 it like this one does,otherwise i wouldnt ask if this would work. So the alarm/clock is NOT a native ice cream sandwich,but a proprietary one? Could you maybe point me in the direction of the clock you are referring to?

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Starting around ICS or maybe jb the aosp app became the 4 in 1 as you call it, but manufactures like Samsung Sony etc sometimes transform the app to their liking making it proprietary and need specific framework to run on a device.
You should be able to just open up an aosp ROM and take out the .apk then push it and install to your device