[Q] UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ONE X at&t

Search This thread

Stracci7

May 3, 2013
Jakarta
Hey guys i want to ask something.

I bought HTC One X at&t few days ago, i enter the bootloader menu and it shown :

*** LOCKED ***
EVITA PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
CID-11111111

So my device already S-OFF right???
Do i need to unlock my bootloader with HTC Dev way to use custom recovery, and flash ROM, Kernel, etc??

Thanks for your support guys :angel::D

Last edited:

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hey guys i want to ask something.

I bought HTC One X at&t few days ago, i enter the bootloader menu and it shown :

*** LOCKED ***
EVITA PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
CID-11111111

So my device already S-OFF right???
Do i need to unlock my bootloader with HTC Dev way to use custom recovery, and flash ROM, Kernel, etc??

Thanks for your support guys :angel::D

You do need to unlock your bootloader via htcdev in order to flash TWRP recovery and install root or a rooted ROM. You're lucky because the previous owner already got SuperCID and s-off. Go to htcdev and unlock the bootloader, flash TWRP, and get cracking on some custom ROMs. Check out my Evita FAQ thread and my How-To Guide For Beginners thread, both links are in my signature.

Sent from my Evita

Stracci7

May 3, 2013
Jakarta
Great!

You do need to unlock your bootloader via htcdev in order to flash TWRP recovery and install root or a rooted ROM. You're lucky because the previous owner already got SuperCID and s-off. Go to htcdev and unlock the bootloader, flash TWRP, and get cracking on some custom ROMs. Check out my Evita FAQ thread and my How-To Guide For Beginners thread, both links are in my signature.

Sent from my Evita

Wow that's good news, so what i need to do is unlock my bootloader via htc dev, and then flash recovery, finally i can flash any custom rom out there. Thank you :D i'm very lucky :victory:

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Last edited:

Stracci7

May 3, 2013
Jakarta
Carrier

Yep that's pretty much it. Just make sure you stay within our device forum.

One XL Main Page

http://xdaforums.com/one-x-att

And our two development sections are here:

One XL Android Development (mainly Sense ROMs)

http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1541

One XL Original Android Development (aosp ROMs)

http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1726

Sent from my Evita

Emm there is another thing i want to ask, i thing mine is unlocked version because i can use any carrier, if i unlocked my bootloader, it'll affect my carrier or not? so i could still use any carrier? i'm sorry this my first time. thanks :victory:

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
To add more, the status of the bootloader (or anything for that matter) cannot affect the status of SIM unlocking. The SIM unlock is completely independent of any other process on the phone.

Sent from my Evita

Top Liked Posts