[Completed] Samsung Vibrant SGH-T959 Bricked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

MiniGunnR

Sep 23, 2011
Dhaka
I flashed a MIUI rom which didn't work well on my phone and started to hang. All of a sudden it just shut down and nothing was there. I later used Odin 1.7 and the stock rom and 512 pit file to flash it back to stock. The process was successfully complete and it restarted the phone. However, the phone screen is completely black at the point where it is supposed to show the home screen. When I touch the haptic buttons at the bottom it lights up but that is it. Nothing happens.

I tried to go to recovery mode by pressing BOTH VOL BUTTONS and POWER BUTTON. It says Android system recovery <2e> as the title. At this point if I want to install a new custom ROM I have to select reinstall packages. I do that and it shows error in red font as follows:
E:Can't open /sdcard/update.zip
(No such file or directory)
Installation aborted.

There are fixes to this error that involves connecting the phone with the PC through USB but my phone doesn't start at all as I have mentioned earlier.

Have I completely lost this phone?

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
Please understand that you need to flash a Custom Recovery before you can flash custom Rom. The Stock Recovery that you have will not be able to flash Custom Roms. Here's a thread that describes how you can do so. What I do wish to caution is that you should ensure the phone is working optimally before you proceed with Custom Roms. If there are no issues otherwise, then you can proceed to flash a Rom of your Choice.

Last edited:

MiniGunnR

Sep 23, 2011
Dhaka
Hello,

When I searched, I found the following thread: ** [GUIDE] FIX AND RESCUE YOUR VIBRICK + ODIN SUPPORT! N00b Friendly **.

The secont part could help you: "NO-BOOT PHONES".

Good luck! :)

Yes. I found it too. However, when I followed the procedure I stupidly checked Repartition in the Boot Cycle process. :( I was on this phone for five hours and it was around 4 or 5 in the morning and I was sleepy. :'( I don't know if that irreversibly took away my only chance at bringing back my phone. :(

I tried the same process with repartition unchecked but I guess the damage was done by then. :( FML.

D

Darth

I think at this point you're going to have to comb through the vibrant Q&A section for similar issues and see if any fixes help. The guys in that forum section know the best, hopefully there's an answer there somewhere.

The guide posted above didn't help, not sure we here can do much more.

You could post your problem there too....again, the members there know what they're doing with that particular model.

Vibrant Q&A http://xdaforums.com/samsung-vibrant/help

Good luck my friend!! :)

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
Yes. I found it too. However, when I followed the procedure I stupidly checked Repartition in the Boot Cycle process. :( I was on this phone for five hours and it was around 4 or 5 in the morning and I was sleepy. :'( I don't know if that irreversibly took away my only chance at bringing back my phone. :(

I tried the same process with repartition unchecked but I guess the damage was done by then. :( FML.
@MiniGunnR, I do not believe you have permanently bricked the device. All you need is correct partitioning of your phone to get it back. This is usually done with the help of .PIT Files that are flashed via Odin. A PIT File simply put is a file with Partition information on the Device. Here's a thread that explains what its all about. remember that thread is NOT for your Device. Its just for your information.In the thread @Hammer_Of_The_Gods had linked, you will find there are PIT files for download. Make sure they are for your exact device specifications. If in doubt, you can ask on that thread.

EDIT - If you open a new in Vibrant's Q&A Section, I am sure there'd be someone would love to help you there.

Last edited:
D

Darth

Sometimes a different version of Odin can help too. I know on my S2, I had 3 goto versions for doing different things. Maybe try that. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.