[Q] Need Help>>>>Roll OUT Official StoCK 4.4.2 kitkat rom from korean f180s

Search This thread

Agimax

Nov 17, 2009
Indianapolis
OnePlus 8 Pro
It boots up and works just fine other than the mentioned issues of wifi and data, etc. And Korean-ness everywhere.

Great! Thanks for verifying.

Now comes the fun and time consuming issues to work out. Hopeful others can help with this as well. I just can't believe how smooth and mostly complete this ROM runs. Lets get cooking.... We might be able to mix parts from AOSP KK. I really like how the camera and also how smooth things are in this build..

prowlingfox

Feb 2, 2013
Great! Thanks for verifying.

Now comes the fun and time consuming issues to work out. Hopeful others can help with this as well. I just can't believe how smooth and mostly complete this ROM runs. Lets get cooking.... We might be able to mix parts from AOSP KK. I really like how the camera and also how smooth things are in this build..

Yeah, the camera runs like a dream.

I will be SO impressed if you're able to make this fully functional. I wish I had the skills to help.

engine95

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
I've been playing with this, and THANK YOU BTW, and I've received a phone call and text with some of the changes I've made. But it's not consistent. 3G symbol has showed up a couple times too, but Wi-Fi seems to kick it out. I'll keep playing with it. Thanks again Agimax.

Edit: Some of the changes have even caused me to lose EFS. Luckily, easily restored.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: RG3 and prowlingfox

Agimax

Nov 17, 2009
Indianapolis
OnePlus 8 Pro
I've been playing with this, and THANK YOU BTW, and I've received a phone call and text with some of the changes I've made. But it's not consistent. 3G symbol has showed up a couple times too, but Wi-Fi seems to kick it out. I'll keep playing with it. Thanks again Agimax.

Edit: Some of the changes have even caused me to lose EFS. Luckily, easily restored.

Your welcome, glad you are playing with it too. It definitely isn't for the masses yet as is. Just a WIP. Hopeful you will share with me some of the changes when I get time to go back and play some more. I had soft bricked my phone more times than I can count playing with the original KR version before tearing it down and re-assembling (nobody should flash the KR version posted in the original OP unless they like soft bricked - Has wrong size partitions and KR radios, etc). The version I posted shouldn't cause any problems (the EFS corruption happens on AOSP KK ROMS too sometimes).

Hope I get more time this weekend to do some modifications and cleanup.

My Email: agimax@gmail.com

Reactions: RG3 and foxsdaddy67

engine95

Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
Your welcome, glad you are playing with it too. It definitely isn't for the masses yet as is. Just a WIP. Hopeful you will share with me some of the changes when I get time to go back and play some more. I had soft bricked my phone more times than I can count playing with the original KR version before tearing it down and re-assembling (nobody should flash the KR version posted in the original OP unless they like soft bricked - Has wrong size partitions and KR radios, etc). The version I posted shouldn't cause any problems (the EFS corruption happens on AOSP KK ROMS too sometimes).

Definitely a WIP, but you did a great job for a base. I softbricked my phone 20+ times working with the original version also. And your version isn't the issue as far as losing EFS. It's just Sprint and it's lovely CDMA. ;)
I send you an email to the address you gave and let you know what I've done and what we SHOULD need to get this working. fingers crossed.

Reactions: foxsdaddy67

engine95

Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
I'll just put this here. :)
No data calls or Wi-Fi yet, but hopefully soon. But at least I've gotten it to Sprint-ish.

Attachments

• 1401321072519.jpg
    1401321072519.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 170

dwielunski

Dec 11, 2010
I am hoping for G3-style system toggles. I think these already exist in G2 tweaksbox, once we are on KitKat do you think our file system will be more similar to the G2, so could be easier to port over some of those tweaks?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

engine95

Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
I don't know what kind of file system this has, but I know it's different than the LS970. Every time I mess with KK, I end up with soft bricks with recovery and sometimes lose EFS.
But on a side note, I've gotten to this level so far:
Calls will work- OR
Texts will work- OR
Sometimes data will work
But not 2 or3 at the same time.
I haven't messed with WiFi yet
Hopefully I can get this running soon. It is getting close... I think. :)

By tonight or tomorrow I should be to figure out what changes are necessary. So if someone else wants/needs the files to work with, I already have a lot of the groundwork done. But it's not ready for the masses by no means. :(

RG3

Aug 20, 2013
Miami,FL
I don't know what kind of file system this has, but I know it's different than the LS970. Every time I mess with KK, I end up with soft bricks with recovery and sometimes lose EFS.
Calls will work- OR
Texts will work- OR
Sometimes data will work

By tonight or tomorrow I should be to figure out what changes are necessary. So if someone else wants/needs the files to work with, I already have a lot of the groundwork done. But it's not ready for the masses by no means. :(

Thank you so much for your help! :victory::good::laugh:

Reactions: engine95

SevenGPLuke

Dec 20, 2012
Madison
Smooth Rom

3/4glte works when it feels like, but since calling works fine I will stick to this rom for now. Good job.

engine95

Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
Just an update. Ive gotten data to work now. I'm doing this on KK right now. Still....
Calls only -or
Texts only- or
Data only
This is driving me nuts! But in a good way ?

Reactions: foxsdaddy67

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
Just an update. Ive gotten data to work now. I'm doing this on KK right now. Still....
Calls only -or
Texts only- or
Data only
This is driving me nuts! But in a good way ?

Wait. Does this mean you can only call or only text or only internet? :p

engine95

Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
Wait. Does this mean you can only call or only text or only internet? :p
You got it.
Every change I make breaks another. So I actually now have 3 setups I have to use for each one

Edit: So one for calls, one for texts and one for data
The texts are weird...... I can send, and receive, but I can't reply back

Last edited:
Reactions: Whiplashh

hasan4791

Nov 2, 2011
Gurgaon

Hi,,,from E975 forum
We have issues with partition and soft bricks all the time, since the System size of JB was 1.5GB which is now increased to 2GB in KK.....Due to this mismatch in partition size, soft brick happens....also I don't want to use a method to do manual partitioning which is not good for all ppls....Could you give me some tips, hw can i flash it over my current recovery...?

Agimax

Nov 17, 2009
Indianapolis
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hi,,,from E975 forum
We have issues with partition and soft bricks all the time, since the System size of JB was 1.5GB which is now increased to 2GB in KK.....Due to this mismatch in partition size, soft brick happens....also I don't want to use a method to do manual partitioning which is not good for all ppls....Could you give me some tips, hw can i flash it over my current recovery...?

The only thing the ROM i posted flashes now is the Kernel (boot img) and the system directory (NOT system image). So the size for the system partition is not a worry now as it only copies files to your system directory. (I.E.No soft bricks anymore)

Last edited:

engine95

Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
Just an update for everybody.
Jake got a hold of me and has the files I've changed. But he doesn't have the phone anymore so he can't work on it.
I've tried seriously over 75 configurations and nothing works at the same time. ie calls texts data lte.
I'm pretty sure we need to have an international version to get this to work for Sprint. It's the only other version with a CDMA option.
It'll be interesting when my Sprint bill comes as the data I was using was actually GSM.

Reactions: PartimusPrime

shoelace1999

Aug 21, 2013
yes?

Just an update for everybody.
Jake got a hold of me and has the files I've changed. But he doesn't have the phone anymore so he can't work on it.
I've tried seriously over 75 configurations and nothing works at the same time. ie calls texts data lte.
I'm pretty sure we need to have an international version to get this to work for Sprint. It's the only other version with a CDMA option.
It'll be interesting when my Sprint bill comes as the data I was using was actually GSM.

can you at least release a wifi version or both but in separate zips one wifi one data :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, I have a nearly working KK for us, and it has been a TON of work. I have everything but texts working. The issue ATM is that it is all on my phone and when I try to make it flashable, it doesn't install right, and some files that are needed aren't getting installed.
    I hope to have it up this weekend, but it'll be a MASSIVE WIP just so you all know. Maybe more people working on it will get it working for us.
    Stay tuned. :D
    Calls will work- OR
    Texts will work- OR
    Sometimes data will work

Finally!

WOOO HOOO

After soft bricking my phone for over a week, i have successfully booted the Leaked KK422 ROM in this thread! (had to tear apart and modify the way it installs) I have made a flashable ROM that can use your current recovery. It just flashes ROM & Kernel. No need to change your setup other than erasing the System & Data (NOT SDCARD). Can restore back after trying it out!

So Far:
    No-Wifi, Won't start up
    Needs to get correct Sprint APN file

-Sure there is more....

I'm working on it! Give me some time, i gotta go to work early in morning!

Smoooooth as silk!
    I'll just put this here. :)
    No data calls or Wi-Fi yet, but hopefully soon. But at least I've gotten it to Sprint-ish.

Is CDMA working? I read in the E970 thread that it could be an issue

I didn't have much time to mess with anything, it had signal, it showed it found the Sprint network, but it showed it had "disabled" data (maybe thinks it's roaming). I wanted to get the wifi issue straightened out first (I think it just needs the modules and / or symlinks changed). I just don't have enough hours in the day anymore, so i'm just gonna go ahead and put the link to the ROM in the next few hours. I will just post it here until we can get some of the issues worked out. It's uploading to a server now.

Here is the Link: (Somebody PLEASE mirror this so the server doesn't load up)

ROM: Test_02_KR_KK442.zip

Install Notes:
    (Keep your current Recovery, Backup Your Current ROM)
    Wipe System & Data (not SDCard)
    Flash Zip
    Flash Latest SU Zip (Optional) -->Latest SU Here
    Reboot, Be Patient.....

To Remove ROM, Reboot to your recovery, erase system/data and restore your backup you made...

Rom Notes:
    Remember was only my second test of the ROM to just get it bootable, probably has bugs I haven't seen yet!
    Data has issues, Wifi isn't turning on, some settings force close (as I said -was just getting bootable)