[Q] m8_whl can't flash cm11

Search This thread

pikuseru

May 28, 2014
I have the HTC M8 from sprint. I just finished rooting it and when I went to flash the new nightly (20140527) using TRWP, it showed this:

v29pFUGX

Did I do something wrong? If there's some way to add "m8_whl" to the list of devices, please let me know.

mjs2011

May 25, 2011
I have the HTC M8 from sprint. I just finished rooting it and when I went to flash the new nightly (20140527) using TRWP, it showed this:

v29pFUGX

Did I do something wrong? If there's some way to add "m8_whl" to the list of devices, please let me know.

Usually I would get that message in the case of a bad download.

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk

pikuseru

May 28, 2014
I tried redownloading it multiple times to no avail. It just refuses to install because ...
This package is for "m8,m8wl,m8wlv,m8vzw,m8whl,m8spr" devices; this is a "m8_whl"
... which makes no sense because I got my m8 from Sprint. Doesn't this mean that the device should be an "m8spr"?

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
I tried redownloading it multiple times to no avail. It just refuses to install because ...

... which makes no sense because I got my m8 from Sprint. Doesn't this mean that the device should be an "m8spr"?
Just open the updater-script in the zip file and add m8_whl to the assert line at the top.

pikuseru

May 28, 2014
Just open the updater-script in the zip file and add m8_whl to the assert line at the top.

It works!:D
Will I have to add this line every time there's a new update, or can it be added to the official nightlies?

Edit: I may have spoken too soon. My device was rebooting relentlessly. It would show the "Welcome to CM" screen, then google things would crash, rinse, repeat all in about 10 seconds. Then it went to just showing the boot animation. I managed to turn it off using pwr&vol+, but it somehow encrypted itself. Spooky.

Edit 2 (The return of edit): I forgot to wipe /data. No more crashing now, though my question about the updater-script above still stands.

Last edited:

joshuaw84

Sep 30, 2010
It works!:D
Will I have to add this line every time there's a new update, or can it be added to the official nightlies?

Edit: I may have spoken too soon. My device was rebooting relentlessly. It would show the "Welcome to CM" screen, then google things would crash, rinse, repeat all in about 10 seconds. Then it went to just showing the boot animation. I managed to turn it off using pwr&vol+, but it somehow encrypted itself. Spooky.

Edit 2 (The return of edit): I forgot to wipe /data. No more crashing now, though my question about the updater-script above still stands.

If its not in there, yes. If its in there, no.

Sent from my Sprint M8 Running the latest Viper

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.