[Q] S4 Active vs Xperia Z1

Search This thread

Gino76ph

Oct 18, 2013
Hi there!

Recently bought an Xperia Z1 and i like it. But recently i have been experiencing some "odd things". Such as the whole phone just freeze, purple fringing in photos and camera starting very slow from Airplane mode. To some it might not sound much of a big deal and yes for me its not too big a deal but i fear it might not be the last time i will experience those issues.

My other fear from my Z1 is that the camera started to have mist inside as if to indicate the waterproofing ain't that tight and ain't that great. Then i heard about the Galaxy S4 Active. Now, i'm aware both phones came out last year although the Z1 seems to be the newer of the two with better specs, etc.

But i want to ask in terms of the ruggedness and better/tighter anit-dust and anti-splash (i.e. waterproofing) which you think does it better: Sony or Samsung?

Also, on another note which one you think still has another chance of an update to 4.4.2 or beyond?

Please advice. Thanks.

Vattu

Feb 27, 2014
Westeros
Hi there!

Recently bought an Xperia Z1 and i like it. But recently i have been experiencing some "odd things". Such as the whole phone just freeze, purple fringing in photos and camera starting very slow from Airplane mode. To some it might not sound much of a big deal and yes for me its not too big a deal but i fear it might not be the last time i will experience those issues.

My other fear from my Z1 is that the camera started to have mist inside as if to indicate the waterproofing ain't that tight and ain't that great. Then i heard about the Galaxy S4 Active. Now, i'm aware both phones came out last year although the Z1 seems to be the newer of the two with better specs, etc.

But i want to ask in terms of the ruggedness and better/tighter anit-dust and anti-splash (i.e. waterproofing) which you think does it better: Sony or Samsung?

Also, on another note which one you think still has another chance of an update to 4.4.2 or beyond?

Please advice. Thanks.

I have a S4 Active and am more than satisfied with its water-resistance capabilities.

Haven't you considered another water-resistant phone, like the Galaxy S5 or Xperia Z2?

Reactions: Gino76ph

Gino76ph

Oct 18, 2013
I have a S4 Active and am more than satisfied with its water-resistance capabilities.

Haven't you considered another water-resistant phone, like the Galaxy S5 or Xperia Z2?

I don't like Samsung phones because i think all their phones have become "premium" in terms of prices similar to Apple. They have too many bloatwares too. The Xperia Z2 is an amazing phone but like the S5 it's very new and still quite expensive.

So far the two phones that i had in the past 9 months is the G2 and the Z1 especially with battery life, performance, features, etc. the latter having an advantage because of its water-resistant properties.

But have heard the waterproofing on the S4 Active ain't too good and the camera is so weak & low-specced.

olarf

Feb 6, 2012
Cologne
unicycle.tv
I also use a s4 active and live it! The official 4.4 update is also available since some days. Battery power is 2 days +, screen is great and its smooth like hell (I run cm11 on it)

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9295 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Gino76ph

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there!

Please advice. Thanks.

I also use a s4 active and live it! The official 4.4 update is also available since some days. Battery power is 2 days +, screen is great and its smooth like hell (I run cm11 on it)

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9295 mit Tapatalk