Unlimited Data Users

Search This thread

Bsmith0731

Jan 15, 2013
I am a heavy data user on Verizon.

Either my Note 3 just has a horrible connection which I dont doubt that it deserves some of the blame or Verizon Throttles me.

I'm talking about 50-70 gig a month usually.

Does any other unlimited data users see their speeds below 1 mbps while connected 4G?

Its horrible.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

donc113

Jul 27, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I am a heavy data user on Verizon.

Either my Note 3 just has a horrible connection which I dont doubt that it deserves some of the blame or Verizon Throttles me.

I'm talking about 50-70 gig a month usually.

Does any other unlimited data users see their speeds below 1 mbps while connected 4G?

Its horrible.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Not on download, I did see it on upload the first few days of xlte.

But, my typical usage is 8 or so GB/month

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk

leyvatron

Dec 6, 2007
Los Angeles
Doubt it's the Note but since I've been on the nc2 I notice I lose connection and speed. Look at the pic and see the red bars. Some days I have a bunch of them. uploadfromtaptalk1401500004534.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

jmorton10

Jul 1, 2008
Rochester, NY
I have not had a single problem with cell service since I switched to VZ years ago until just lately.

Lately, half the time I try to text I get a "no network connection" error (I have UL Data)

Today, I got cut off on a call smack in my home area and the phone said "you are out of your coverage area" WTF??

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010
I have had more dropping 4G in the middle of my coverage area than ever with the note . My Rezound never dropped data .

Bsmith0731

Jan 15, 2013
It's gotta be a Samsung Verizon combo. I had the same horrible coverage with my Galaxy Nexus. I had a Note 2 on ATT and it was perfect.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

LBJM

Feb 3, 2011
Last edited:

mo33ktm380

Mar 15, 2011
New Berlinville
my signal in and around my area has been below par for the last few months. My real problem has been when I leave the area (usually the county for some strange reason) everything was fine except for making calls. When i would push send it would tell me my number is either inactive or invalid. Battled for over a month with Verizon on the issue and called them out on several occasions about them "doing something funny" to my line because I have unlimited data. went through a few replacement devices and nothing changed. Finally told them it didnt matter any more because I was gonna go to AT&T and now I can call anywhere when I travel! On the other hand my service at home is below par now but still works.

Reactions: Bsmith0731

Bsmith0731

Jan 15, 2013
I'm currently using a note 2 with unlimited data and not seeing any problems .. I'm going to add a second line with a note 3 it's priced at $200 with 2/yr contract, could it be the nc2 build you guys are using? Has anybody tried the nc4 KK and had problems?

edit:

When I mean nc4 I mean this rom with nc4 modifed for note 3

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2760380

edit2:

have you flashed the nc4 modem?
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...ngrade-your-verizon-note-3-s-modem-radio.html

I tried nc2 and I'm now on nc4 neither have helped me much.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

gerg004

Oct 16, 2010
For what its worth I had to go all the way back to the MJ7 radio. Both NC2 and MJE caused terrible drops and no service.

gerg004

Oct 16, 2010
So with MJ7 everything is fine, data and calls? How's battery life?

Yea so far so good. Data and calls have been much more reliable. I have normal spots where I lose service around where I work, which has always been the case. However on MJE and NC2 it would last wayyyyy longer and be way worse as far as service coming back.

Battery life has been just as good as well. Haven't noticed any change to be honest.

LBJM

Feb 3, 2011
Xlte is not available in my area so I'm not too sure if it does at all.

I just know the service was so horrendous on the new radios I had almost no choice but to go back.

I'll test xlte when I get the phone next week and report back.

skyhawk21

Mar 26, 2009
Thanks for the heads up I'll try that

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Besides modems can we flash new or old PRLS at the same time or separate on note 3 for Verizon? I got new PRL in different town and where I live it makes service suck ass. Need my old PRL back and want to do it myself!

mirrin

Feb 7, 2011
LG V50 ThinQ
LG V60 ThinQ
Besides modems can we flash new or old PRLS at the same time or separate on note 3 for Verizon? I got new PRL in different town and where I live it makes service suck ass. Need my old PRL back and want to do it myself!

That is tricky you can try booting without the SIM then rebooting after putting it back there are tools to do it manually too but getting the prl image is another matter. Another method is to get a new SIM but Verizon pushes the prl to it so you don't get to pick. You can also try going to an official store they can manually flag you for prl push.

Last edited:

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
It's gotta be a Samsung Verizon combo. I had the same horrible coverage with my Galaxy Nexus. I had a Note 2 on ATT and it was perfect.

I had a Note 2 on verizon and it was flawless...then Note 3 is a downgrade in signal strength. However Verizon all together has gone downhill over the last year. I went from 15-25mb down here at home to 2-6mb depending how congested the network is. Need a tower update around here.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I had a Note 2 on verizon and it was flawless...then Note 3 is a downgrade in signal strength. However Verizon all together has gone downhill over the last year. I went from 15-25mb down here at home to 2-6mb depending how congested the network is. Need a tower update around here.
    my signal in and around my area has been below par for the last few months. My real problem has been when I leave the area (usually the county for some strange reason) everything was fine except for making calls. When i would push send it would tell me my number is either inactive or invalid. Battled for over a month with Verizon on the issue and called them out on several occasions about them "doing something funny" to my line because I have unlimited data. went through a few replacement devices and nothing changed. Finally told them it didnt matter any more because I was gonna go to AT&T and now I can call anywhere when I travel! On the other hand my service at home is below par now but still works.
    I average around 40-45gb of data a month now without tethering and have never noticed any throttling or significant drop in speeds.
    This is why I don't plan to update to KitKat anytime soon. Phone is fine on MJE, why chance these problems?

It doesn't hurt to try KK and if it doesn't work out for you just Odin back to MJE. You can also be on KK and use the MJE, NC2 or NC4 modems, just try them and see which one works best for you. It only takes a few minutes to change modems with Odin.