Volume Hack

Search This thread

AndroTMO

Aug 21, 2009
Anyone know if Meltus' volume hack works with the N1.

I doubt it as they are different versions of Android, but one never knows.

I am too scared of breaking something, else I would try it.

AndroTMO

Aug 21, 2009
Ok, I am going for it.

I am getting frustrated with how quiet this phone is....

Will post whether sucessful or not.

AndroTMO

Aug 21, 2009
Ok. Pushed Meltus' files.

It seems to be working. Ran a Youtube video without, had trouble hearing it, and then with it was almost too lound.

iPhone iWing

Mar 3, 2008
see and thats how you roll ne way lol. next time seriously bro. nandroid yourself. it is truly your friend from stupid thoughts that i get i mean we get lol

niiiick

Jan 8, 2010
thanks for testing this, i'd like to try it out. at meltus.androidftw.com i'm looking around and i can't find a clear description of what each of the v1/v2/.../v7 do. do you have any ideas?

more importantly, can a hack like this blow the speaker?

EDIT: actually, i found it under "version info" :-[ but i still would like to know if this has the potential to blow the speaker...

Last edited:

AndroTMO

Aug 21, 2009
I pushed everything that was in the v2 folder.

On the down side, I have to readjust everything for my car sound system as it messed up the bass and treble balance that I had previously.

As far as I can tell it works.

bobdude5

Jan 12, 2009
Tustin
If this works why does Meltus say on his website that he's gone through the 2.1 code and that theres no way his hack works on the Nexus? ;)

i think it did work though lol i just tried it and i seemed to be very satisifed with the volume unlike i was before i pushed the files..maybe its a placebo :/

edit: Its definitely louder

Last edited: