[Q] Rooting Galaxy Note 3 - Ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

AndyBrine

Oct 3, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I have searched all over the internet and have been unable to find an answer to this question. Has anyone been able to root a Galaxy Note 3 on Ubuntu. If you have done it or know someone who has, please let me know.

Thanks
Andy :good:

danon.brown

Apr 21, 2010
Austin, TX
www.facebook.com
Google Pixel 7a
Hi Everyone,

I have searched all over the internet and have been unable to find an answer to this question. Has anyone been able to root a Galaxy Note 3 on Ubuntu. If you have done it or know someone who has, please let me know.

Thanks

You may want to try running xp in virtual box. Had some issues yesterday with mine. Windows 7 and 8 Odin failed. With xp it worked. Currently running Linux mint 16.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

WhiTeRhiNo

Feb 18, 2013
cincinnati
Hi Everyone,

Thanks

Do a google search on heimdall it is just like odin but works very well on ubuntu. I use it myself you can flash all firmware files and anything else u can do with odin

AndyBrine

Oct 3, 2012
Do a google search on heimdall it is just like odin but works very well on ubuntu. I use it myself you can flash all firmware files and anything else u can do with odin

I tried to use heimdall and had problems using it with the note 3. There are not any guides to do this or any that I can find. Where you able to root your note 3 with hiemdall?

I may try using virtualbox with xp like Danon suggested.

Thanks Guys

lufc

Retired Senior Moderator / Resident Priest
Oct 9, 2007
Blackpool UK
www.leedsunited.com
Questions or Problems Should Not Be Posted in the Development Forum
Please Post in the Correct Forums & Read the Forum Rules
Thanks

Thread Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.