Samsung S4 Mini recognition problem.

Search This thread
May 2, 2012
Dear S4 Mini users,

Today I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini. I also bought a original Samsung Flip Cover. The Android software is original and everything is up-to-date. B

But I have a problem, when I put the Flip Cover over the phone, it doesn't turn my screen off. I have the same problem, when I open the Flip Cover, then my screen doesn't go on. Does anyone knows why it doesn't work? I tried every little thing!

I really hope that my new phone isn't already damaged.

Regards,
Erik

SilviuMik

Nov 17, 2011
Dear S4 Mini users,

Today I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini. I also bought a original Samsung Flip Cover. The Android software is original and everything is up-to-date. B

But I have a problem, when I put the Flip Cover over the phone, it doesn't turn my screen off. I have the same problem, when I open the Flip Cover, then my screen doesn't go on. Does anyone knows why it doesn't work? I tried every little thing!

Regards,
Erik

What version of S4 mini u got and what version of Flip cover ? with window or without ?
Also is Apps -> Settings -> My Device -> Accessory -> Automatic Unlock "ticked" ?
I have S4mini duos I9192 with Samsung I9190(GALAXY SIV Mini)V-series Leather Case and works ok :)

Reactions: NoobfromtheLegends
May 2, 2012
What version of S4 mini u got and what version of Flip cover ? with window or without ?
Also is Apps -> Settings -> My Device -> Accessory -> Automatic Unlock "ticked" ?
I have S4mini duos I9192 with Samsung I9190(GALAXY SIV Mini)V-series Leather Case and works ok :)

Thank you for your fast respond. I have a Samsung S4 Mini GT-I9195 and automatic Unlock is 'ticked'. I have a Samsung original Galaxy S4 mini Flip Cover without window. I hope that you can see the pictures.

Last edited:

SilviuMik

Nov 17, 2011
Thank you for your fast respond. I have a Samsung S4 Mini GT-I9195 and automatic Unlock is 'ticked'. I have a Samsung original Galaxy S4 mini Flip Cover. I hope that you can see the pictures.

Odd :( i don`t know the behaviour of flip cover without window if it should unlock the screen or not. S-view cases does have a small magnet inside on left/middleish of flip part that triggers a sensor inside the phone. Can u check with a metal screwdriver or so on your flip cover to see if the magnet is there ? ( no clue if u have one or not )

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: NoobfromtheLegends
May 2, 2012
Odd :( i don`t know the behaviour of flip cover without window if it should unlock the screen or not. S-view cases does have a small magnet inside on left/middleish of flip part that triggers a sensor inside the phone. Can u check with a metal screwdriver or so on your flip cover to see if the magnet is there ? ( no clue if u have one or not )

Thank you again for a really fast and useful answer. I tried what you suggested and i believe that the cover doesn't have a magnet. So that's the reason that it doesn't work?

Just bad luck. I hope that i can change it the shop.

Really thanks for your help!

SilviuMik

Nov 17, 2011
Thank you again for a really fast and useful answer. I tried what you suggested and i believe that the cover doesn't have a magnet. So that's the reason that it doesn't work?

Just bad luck. I hope that i can change it the shop.

Really thanks for your help!

As i said, i don`t know how Flip covers should work ( the ones without window ).. Maybe someone else with a flip cover can come by and answer
But as a personal recomandation, if u can change your flip cover at the shop for a window one, u will be more happy :) ( u can answer calls without opening the flip, u can see time/date/notifications )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja8gRbK5n_Q if i look at this video the screen does not turn off/on with the cover so it means normal flip cover does not have any magnet to do the trick :)

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

And also u can look at Galaxy S4 Mini Smart View Cases
The Nillkin one is more "elegant" and slim BUT it have 2 flaws :)
- the magnet holding the flip toghether is not so strong
- the screen is positioned 2 mm too down and u don`t see the battery/signal thru the window
The Jammylizard one is a little more bulky, bo problems with screen BUT it does have a small problem with the cut for USB part. The original samsung cable does not fit all the way in, u must cut a little from the case plastic :) The magnet is verry strong here keeping the case closed :)
I prefer those 2 over original because they are much more cheaper and they protect all sides of the phone not like original that u change back cover :)
I first had the jammylizard one now the Nillkin and i like Nillkin more

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear S4 Mini users,

Regards,
    Erik

Thank you for your fast respond. I have a Samsung S4 Mini GT-I9195 and automatic Unlock is 'ticked'. I have a Samsung original Galaxy S4 mini Flip Cover. I hope that you can see the pictures.