[Q] no 4g lte on Verizon s4 with metro pcs/tmobile

Search This thread

scancel86

May 31, 2014
Brooklyn NY
hey guys im a newbie with this so if anyone can help me out i would gratefully appreciate it. I just got a verizon s4 and im trying to get 4g lte . its complete stock factory settings . when i first put it on i saw the 4g lte sign then i messed with it and switched it to gsm mode and all i can get is h+ and the h icon. I tryed putting it back to global but still nothing i get no data on global .currently using gsm mode and im only seeing 2 bars of reception most of the time . the speeds are from 0.72 mbps to 4.0 download and same for upload ping at 601 ms not fast at all very disappointing . so if someone can please help me out i would really be thankful . also im using metro pcs which is basically merged with tmobile

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
hey guys im a newbie with this so if anyone can help me out i would gratefully appreciate it. I just got a verizon s4 and im trying to get 4g lte . its complete stock factory settings . when i first put it on i saw the 4g lte sign then i messed with it and switched it to gsm mode and all i can get is h+ and the h icon. I tryed putting it back to global but still nothing i get no data on global .currently using gsm mode and im only seeing 2 bars of reception most of the time . the speeds are from 0.72 mbps to 4.0 download and same for upload ping at 601 ms not fast at all very disappointing . so if someone can please help me out i would really be thankful . also im using metro pcs which is basically merged with tmobile

What baseband and modem revision are you running?
It sounds like the area that you're in just doesn't have good coverage in the bands that the Verizon GS4 covers. If you have an AWS-capable modem, it might get you better coverage (if T-mobile has AWS, that is.). But in the end, you bought a Verizon phone. Using it on other carriers is always going to be spotty.

scancel86

May 31, 2014
Brooklyn NY
It sounds like the area that you're in just doesn't have good coverage in the bands that the Verizon GS4 covers. If you have an AWS-capable modem, it might get you better coverage (if T-mobile has AWS, that is.). But in the end, you bought a Verizon phone. Using it on other carriers is always going to be spotty.

ok the baseband is i545vreumk2 and modem revison where would i find that ? I know its all be reset to original settings as i wiped it out when i bought it . so if there is anyway i can root it so i can get the 4g lte that would be cool if u can show me how .There are others here receiving full 4g lte with tmobile speeds 15 to 22 so i know its possible .

scancel86

May 31, 2014
Brooklyn NY

also its not the area because i recently switchted from att note 2 and always had 4 g lte

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
ok the baseband is i545vreumk2 and modem revison where would i find that ? I know its all be reset to original settings as i wiped it out when i bought it . so if there is anyway i can root it so i can get the 4g lte that would be cool if u can show me how .There are others here receiving full 4g lte with tmobile speeds 15 to 22 so i know its possible .

get "phone info app" from playstore and run

critter112280

Nov 8, 2013

U. U could try changing your sales code .date file from vws to aws in /system/csc and then in your network settings switch to wcdma mode it worked for me on cricket it also depends on witch area u r in

bryantjopplin

Sep 15, 2010
Android terminal emulator and run

getprop|grep bootloader

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

scancel86

May 31, 2014
Brooklyn NY

Do you plan on rooting and romming with safe strap?

Well I don't know how if u can help me that would be great also what are the perks to rooting I don't know nothing about safe strap . As long as i can get the fastest speeds and show 4g lte I'm all for it thanks. Sorry if I'm a rookie and don't understand any of your terminology lol maybe we can do this tomorrow can you email me directly @ hotsaltwaterfish@gmail.com

bryantjopplin

Sep 15, 2010
Well I don't know how if u can help me that would be great also what are the perks to rooting I don't know nothing about safe strap . As long as i can get the fastest speeds and show 4g lte I'm all for it thanks. Sorry if I'm a rookie and don't understand any of your terminology lol maybe we can do this tomorrow can you email me directly @ hotsaltwaterfish@gmail.com

Well follow this to the T of you want to root and rom and also read read read as I don't have safe strap and doesn't apply to me. I have the first bootloader is why I don't really have to to much info on it. Also if you don't care maybe just update to the newest and have the newest radios to test. They are better imo.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2726868