[Tool] Panel Info (lgd/jdi) [Tool]

Search This thread

bender_007

Dec 6, 2010
Zagreb
Google Pixel 4
Panel Info

Some of you already use it or have used it.

It will detect if your pannel is LGD or JDI.

thx to @Cloudyfa on informations, hints, suggestions about it, basically it's only a wrapper for the command he used in his thread.

I thought if I should post it or not, since I've already released the LKF - Little Kernel Flasher, first I thought not to post it..then I thought, people need information in one tool, then they can handle with other tool if needed so i decided to post it.

Q) Does my G2 have to be rooted ?

A) YES

So IF your panel type is jdi you can either flash kernel which is suitable for your panel OR proceed to LKF thread and it will automatically detect the panel, patch the kernel and flash it.

The interface itself is clear, simple. If you've got issues please post them here in a clear form with full and understanding sentence.

thx :)

Link: Version 1.1

Md5:
c41a110ec94c41d51e478cc6ad8b726b

Changes:

1.1 - 4.June 2014 - Added more accurate information (More or less accurate - depending on user input)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-02-23-20-45.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-02-23-20-45.png
    80.5 KB · Views: 12,534
  • Screenshot_2014-06-02-23-20-53.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-02-23-20-53.png
    97.5 KB · Views: 11,653
  • Screenshot_2014-06-04-17-05-46.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-04-17-05-46.png
    132.5 KB · Views: 11,314
  • Screenshot_2014-06-04-17-05-57.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-04-17-05-57.png
    108.5 KB · Views: 10,536
Last edited:

MRobbo80

Apr 9, 2013
South Petherton
So having this version lgd I will not worry about patching my kernels, personally I have never had issue with white lines.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

bender_007

Dec 6, 2010
Zagreb
Google Pixel 4
So having this version lgd I will not worry about patching my kernels, personally I have never had issue with white lines.

Kernel devs are now creating and naming the kernels in a way you will see which one is right for you.

Usually if it's just the kernel name then it's the LGD. If it's in the jdi folder or the name contains jdi then it's for jdi.

also, if you get the lines it means you have to flash the opposite one.

But it's easier this way, just informative.

Reactions: opti916 and Lawlrus

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
Kernel devs are now creating and naming the kernels in a way you will see which one is right for you.

Usually if it's just the kernel name then it's the LGD. If it's in the jdi folder or the name contains jdi then it's for jdi.

Really great you making these little tools for people that don't feel comfortable doing/running commands themselves.

Thanks

Sent from my Vs980 running Xdabbeb's 24a v1.1.1

Reactions: bender_007

bender_007

Dec 6, 2010
Zagreb
Google Pixel 4
Really great you making these little tools for people that don't feel comfortable doing/running commands themselves.

Thanks

They are mostly set of commands but yes I know some people want to do things but are uncomfortable typing and fiddling around. It's better shortening the time, make this little things faster and mostly safer. It's a pleasure whenever the tools help someone :), you're welcome.

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
They are mostly set of commands but yes I know some people want to do things but are uncomfortable typing and fiddling around. It's better shortening the time, make this little things faster and mostly safer. It's a pleasure whenever the tools help someone :), you're welcome.

Cuts down on me havin to yell at people for asking the same simple questions over and over lol

Cloudyfa

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 16, 2005
HCM City
Panel Info

Link: DOWNLOAD

md5:
Code:
bce735462bfefe7e858650e5abf17eeb
Nice work, bud. Btw, I think you should add the info that the app requires running on stock kernel (before using AutoRec or flashing any kind of custom/patched kernel) because I know many pp will try to run it after they have white lines issue and the result may not be correct ;)

bender_007

Dec 6, 2010
Zagreb
Google Pixel 4
Nice work, bud. Btw, I think you should add the info that the app requires running on stock kernel (before using AutoRec or flashing any kind of custom/patched kernel) because I know many pp will try to run it after they have white lines issue and the result may not be correct ;)

Thx for pointing it out again m8, I thought of it, too. I'll make it communicate with people to recorrect the status if needed(lkf too):"do you currently have a white line issue?" if yes then the opposite result is correct, if no then the current result is true :)

4. June 2014 - Added v1.1 - More accurate informations depending on user input.

Last edited:

bender_007

Dec 6, 2010
Zagreb
Google Pixel 4
New day, new chances to win m8. Joking.

It detects whatever your current kernel is.

If it detects lgd and you say that you've got WHITE lines then it knows that your panel is actually JDI.

If it shows jdi and then it asks you if you see white lines and you say yes, then it knows it's lgd actually.

Filgaliel

Sep 30, 2007
Copenhagen
New day, new chances to win m8. Joking.

It detects whatever your current kernel is.

If it detects lgd and you say that you've got WHITE lines then it knows that your panel is actually JDI.

If it shows jdi and then it asks you if you see white lines and you say yes, then it knows it's lgd actually.

Thanks. That explains a lot.. I thought the Lgd/jdi difference was hardware based.. :eek:

Last edited:

el_tute

Jan 12, 2010
Buenos Aires
Hi @bender_007

when you talk about white lines, to what lines do you refer?

I have white lines, vertical when the screen is off, and if I saw the screen in a wide angle and with light over the phone.

also, with the command "grep|dmesg -i panel" it shows LGD panel.
I´m using Omnirom with the stock omnirom kernel.

So, I don´t know with option do I have to chose in your app (white lines yes or not)
thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Panel Info

thx to @Cloudyfa on informations, hints, suggestions about it, basically it's only a wrapper for the command he used in his thread.

I thought if I should post it or not, since I've already released the LKF - Little Kernel Flasher, first I thought not to post it..then I thought, people need information in one tool, then they can handle with other tool if needed so i decided to post it.

Q) Does my G2 have to be rooted ?

A) YES

So IF your panel type is jdi you can either flash kernel which is suitable for your panel OR proceed to LKF thread and it will automatically detect the panel, patch the kernel and flash it.

The interface itself is clear, simple. If you've got issues please post them here in a clear form with full and understanding sentence.

thx :)

Link: Version 1.1

Md5:
    c41a110ec94c41d51e478cc6ad8b726b

Changes:

1.1 - 4.June 2014 - Added more accurate information (More or less accurate - depending on user input)

Thanks

Panel Info

Link: DOWNLOAD

md5:
    Code:
    bce735462bfefe7e858650e5abf17eeb

Thx for pointing it out again m8, I thought of it, too. I'll make it communicate with people to recorrect the status if needed(lkf too):"do you currently have a white line issue?" if yes then the opposite result is correct, if no then the current result is true :)

4. June 2014 - Added v1.1 - More accurate informations depending on user input.