Please help .. Screen dead after flashing kernel

Search This thread

ado0001

Oct 9, 2013
I was on my way to root the xperia z2 step by step, everything seemed fine, unlocked bootloader ok,
the problem was whe trying to flash the kernel advkernel Z2_DooMLoRD_AdvStkKernel_FW-402-v0 i rebooted and my screen now is dead, the phone works but my screen simply dead no matter what i do, i can hard reset and get in the recovery mode but thats it.

if i try to get in the main phone the screen dies.... please im desperate help me some one maybe with the stock kernel

ado0001

Oct 9, 2013
fixed

I was on my way to root the xperia z2 step by step, everything seemed fine, unlocked bootloader ok,
the problem was whe trying to flash the kernel advkernel Z2_DooMLoRD_AdvStkKernel_FW-402-v0 i rebooted and my screen now is dead, the phone works but my screen simply dead no matter what i do, i can hard reset and get in the recovery mode but thats it.

if i try to get in the main phone the screen dies.... please im desperate help me some one maybe with the stock kernel

i fixed it!!! i just flashed the incorrect kernel!! now it works perfect!!

astrah

Nov 2, 2011
with the missus
i fixed it!!! i just flashed the incorrect kernel!! now it works perfect!!

I too am stuck in a blank screen, phone turns on and I can hear screen selections but nothing displays. I can get in to recovery and fastboot using the red reset button. Any ideas, I'm at a loss, followed instructions to the T!

Thanks for any advice or help.

astrah

Nov 2, 2011
with the missus
Did you flash the correct kernel?

I tried both the DooMKernel v08 then tried the Z2-DooMLoRD_StockFirmwareFiles-FW_402

I couldn't figure out for life of me what I'd done but followed everything to the 'T'. I ended up installing a custom rom HERE and now phone is working, but now I'm not sure if I'm rooted or not! :confused:

This is a screen shot of my 'About Phone' page. http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb327/bazzzar/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2014-06-03-15-01-44.png

Xernoxis

Jun 6, 2012
Akershus
I tried both the DooMKernel v08 then tried the Z2-DooMLoRD_StockFirmwareFiles-FW_402

I couldn't figure out for life of me what I'd done but followed everything to the 'T'. I ended up installing a custom rom HERE and now phone is working, but now I'm not sure if I'm rooted or not! :confused:

This is a screen shot of my 'About Phone' page. http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb327/bazzzar/Mobile Uploads/Screenshot_2014-06-03-15-01-44.png

What firmware version do you have on your phone? .55? .402?

Sent from my D6503

astrah

Nov 2, 2011
with the missus
OK what you need to do is either flash a .55 kernel or flash a .402 firmware. The kernel must fit the firmware version.

Sent from my D6503

Got it I think ;) Although the phone does appear to be running ok with the custom rom.
If using the information on the attached screenshot of my About Phone info, would you be able to suggest a kernel or firmware, I can't make sense of the kernel version.

Sorry for being a pain, not as easy as rooting the S3 :eek:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-03-15-01-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-03-15-01-44.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 71