[GUIDE]dramatically increase performance without affecting battery

Search This thread

deathblade

Dec 19, 2011
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus One
hi im here to tell you all what i did to get my infuse running not just better than new but about as fast as any device with a dual core (less than .5 sec slower in a lot of aspects). all this without affecting battery life (that i've seen thus far). so lets get straight to it

NOTE:
if for whatever reason nothing at all happens no changes in speed or battery or anything at all please know i am simply retelling what i did to get the outcome i got it may not work for everyone

DISCLAIMER: I nor anyone else here except for you is responsible for anything that may happen to your device, ever... period

ok with that out the way there are a few apps that im not sure if they or this whole section is needed but its how i have mine setup so here we go

NOTE:
all links will be at the bottom, also please make sure that if you changed to this rom or updated please have all your apps and configurations setup already so you have everything in place and it'd be less of a hassle really also so you can see the benefits :)

NEEDED APPS:

greenify (donate)
tasker
xposed framework
bootmanager ( xposed module)

ROM:

ok so first you will need to be running scott's beanstalk latest version (at this time it is 4.4.200)
install instructions are fully detailed in the roms thread

XPOSED FRAMEWORK

you will need xposed framework and two modules for this so download and install xposed framework then reboot

BOOT MANAGER

the first xposed module you need is boot manager which is downloadable in xposed framework installer app
activate in xposed by going to xposed installer/modules and clicking the checkbox
now go to boot manager in the app drawer, and set everything that you DON'T need to not start on bootup (by clicking it till it turns red)

GREENIFY (DONATE)

ok now donwload and install greenify (donate) from play store
go into xposed installer/modules and click the checkbox for greenify

then reboot

go into greenify and press menu experimental features, now check all of them except for the last one (block app state abuse)
now go back to the main app and hit the plus sign and start clicking on everything you don't need running in the background (ie. facebook, twitter, google play services, maps,etc) and your done with greenify

TASKER

ok this is a simple one, go get tasker download and install it, once installed open it click the little plus sign at the bottom right select event, then hit display, then display off then hit th back button (it should ask you to start a new task) click new task (name it what you like) press the plus sign at the bottom hit plugin hibernate now, then hit the pencil at the top right and select all greenified apps, then hit back, back and make sure it's turned on

what this does is greenifies all the apps you selected to do so to once your screen is off

SPEED!!!

ok now that we have the battery part out the way this section will not need any apps at all it is done entirely through rom settings
FIRST: goto system settings/Beanstalk Options/BeanStalk Init.d scripts press ok
now here are what you'll need to enable (if its already enabled for whatever reason just leave it enabled)

enable...:
file system speedup
enable battery tweaks
enable touch tweaks
enable setrenice
enable super tweaks
and lastely enable speedy modified

REBOOT AND ENJOY

NOTE:
effects should be instant after the reboot, if not please let everything load (if you have widgets laid out let them all load) then effects should be apparent

LINKS & CREDITS:
XPOSED FRAMEWORK THANKS TO ROVO89
BEANSTALK THANKS TO SCOTT.HART.BTI
BOOTMANAGER THANKS TO DEFIM
GREENIFY (DONATE) THANKS TO OASIS FENG
TASKER THANKS TO CRAFTY APPS EU

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi im here to tell you all what i did to get my infuse running not just better than new but about as fast as any device with a dual core (less than .5 sec slower in a lot of aspects). all this without affecting battery life (that i've seen thus far). so lets get straight to it

NOTE:
    if for whatever reason nothing at all happens no changes in speed or battery or anything at all please know i am simply retelling what i did to get the outcome i got it may not work for everyone

DISCLAIMER: I nor anyone else here except for you is responsible for anything that may happen to your device, ever... period

ok with that out the way there are a few apps that im not sure if they or this whole section is needed but its how i have mine setup so here we go

NOTE:
    all links will be at the bottom, also please make sure that if you changed to this rom or updated please have all your apps and configurations setup already so you have everything in place and it'd be less of a hassle really also so you can see the benefits :)

NEEDED APPS:

greenify (donate)
    tasker
    xposed framework
    bootmanager ( xposed module)

ROM:

ok so first you will need to be running scott's beanstalk latest version (at this time it is 4.4.200)
    install instructions are fully detailed in the roms thread

XPOSED FRAMEWORK

you will need xposed framework and two modules for this so download and install xposed framework then reboot

BOOT MANAGER

the first xposed module you need is boot manager which is downloadable in xposed framework installer app
    activate in xposed by going to xposed installer/modules and clicking the checkbox
    now go to boot manager in the app drawer, and set everything that you DON'T need to not start on bootup (by clicking it till it turns red)

GREENIFY (DONATE)

ok now donwload and install greenify (donate) from play store
    go into xposed installer/modules and click the checkbox for greenify

then reboot

go into greenify and press menu experimental features, now check all of them except for the last one (block app state abuse)
    now go back to the main app and hit the plus sign and start clicking on everything you don't need running in the background (ie. facebook, twitter, google play services, maps,etc) and your done with greenify

TASKER

ok this is a simple one, go get tasker download and install it, once installed open it click the little plus sign at the bottom right select event, then hit display, then display off then hit th back button (it should ask you to start a new task) click new task (name it what you like) press the plus sign at the bottom hit plugin hibernate now, then hit the pencil at the top right and select all greenified apps, then hit back, back and make sure it's turned on

what this does is greenifies all the apps you selected to do so to once your screen is off

SPEED!!!

ok now that we have the battery part out the way this section will not need any apps at all it is done entirely through rom settings
    FIRST: goto system settings/Beanstalk Options/BeanStalk Init.d scripts press ok
    now here are what you'll need to enable (if its already enabled for whatever reason just leave it enabled)

enable...:
    file system speedup
    enable battery tweaks
    enable touch tweaks
    enable setrenice
    enable super tweaks
    and lastely enable speedy modified

REBOOT AND ENJOY

NOTE:
    effects should be instant after the reboot, if not please let everything load (if you have widgets laid out let them all load) then effects should be apparent

LINKS & CREDITS:
    XPOSED FRAMEWORK THANKS TO ROVO89
    BEANSTALK THANKS TO SCOTT.HART.BTI
    BOOTMANAGER THANKS TO DEFIM
    GREENIFY (DONATE) THANKS TO OASIS FENG
    TASKER THANKS TO CRAFTY APPS EU