[Discussion]Porting 4K & Timeshift video from Z2 to other Xperias

Search This thread

mask3r

Mar 12, 2009
Valencia, Spain
You might think this is a lame question but, which hardware specifications does timeshift video and 4k? I mean, like better processors and stuff.
And, which of the Xperia devices meet these requirements.

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
Take a look at the snapdragon site. There's a list of processors and their capabilities.

Wysłane z mojego C6903 przy użyciu Tapatalka

GTARaja

Nov 20, 2013
Bangalore, KA
Im having a device with a different camera sensor...its omnivision ov16825 which is capable of recording 4k videos and also hfr at 120fps.. im having these files in my lib folder libchromatix_ov16825_hfr_120fps.so libchromatix_ov16825_hfr_90fps.so and when i decompile the apk i see there is option of hfr enabling but in the app it doesnt work neither the 4k can u pls guide me through which file i should look for....in mediaprofiles.xml we are having 4kuhd...

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
Witam (from polish :p )

How is the progress with porting Timeshift Video to Xperia Z1. Is it ever gonne be possible in full 120fps?
Siema :)

We're still trying to get it to work. Hardware should be capable of that.
Im having a device with a different camera sensor...its omnivision ov16825 which is capable of recording 4k videos and also hfr at 120fps.. im having these files in my lib folder libchromatix_ov16825_hfr_120fps.so libchromatix_ov16825_hfr_90fps.so and when i decompile the apk i see there is option of hfr enabling but in the app it doesnt work neither the 4k can u pls guide me through which file i should look for....in mediaprofiles.xml we are having 4kuhd...
Please upload the decompiled files and we'll see. Post all your ideas and files you've got to the Dev thread. That might just help :)

Reactions: Miustone

ThibaultAnd

Jan 9, 2011
Timeshift works on Z1

Hi,

Just to confirm that Timeshift video now works on Z1 (since it worked on Z1 Compact (with a video from omegastarr here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2767005&page=3) ), and for real thanks to lagalaga. I took this video just 10 minutes ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmDYkUyXTf8

As you can see, this is real smooth and I have 120 fps. I may post the original file later if you want.
As expected, photo no longer works and we can preview 4k but not record it. Also I find the preview mode in timeshift video quite laggy.

But thats means that we are most likely to get 120fps (and 4k) on our phones soon without bugs :)
Thank you very much lagalaga !

Last edited:

pepeo123

Aug 30, 2013
it seems that they finally got 120 fps mode to work. i have questoin though: if they manage to port 4k and 120fps correctly, when i update the firmware in my phone, or the sotfware (like to android 4.4.3 or 4.5 in the future for example) will the ports continue to work? or i will have to wait them for port it again?

thx

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Hi,

Just to confirm that Timeshift video now works on Z1 (since it worked on Z1 Compact (with a video from omegastarr here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2767005&page=3) ), and for real thanks to lagalaga. I took this video just 10 minutes ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmDYkUyXTf8

As you can see, this is real smooth and I have 120 fps. I may post the original file later if you want.
As expected, photo no longer works and we can preview 4k but not record it. Also I find the preview mode in timeshift video quite laggy.

But thats means that we are most likely to get 120fps (and 4k) on our phones soon without bugs :)
Thank you very much lagalaga !

could you check the video info in some video player and post the info here? for example the max fps and edited fps? so we can be sure that its realy 120fps and 30 fps slow motion. looking at the video it looks really smooth, but hard to tell if its really 120fps. and the slow motion looks more than 30fps because its a little fast

Reactions: Chocolatetrain

ThibaultAnd

Jan 9, 2011
it seems that they finally got 120 fps mode to work. i have questoin though: if they manage to port 4k and 120fps correctly, when i update the firmware in my phone, or the sotfware (like to android 4.4.3 or 4.5 in the future for example) will the ports continue to work? or i will have to wait them for port it again?

thx

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

could you check the video info in some video player and post the info here? for example the max fps and edited fps? so we can be sure that its realy 120fps and 30 fps slow motion. looking at the video it looks really smooth, but hard to tell if its really 120fps. and the slow motion looks more than 30fps because its a little fast

I figured out that I have 88fps and not 120fps with 50-60mb/s (untouched) and 25fps with 23.9mb/s with the final one... It's wierd because omegastarr's video is 119 fps untouched and 52 modified

Someone should try this mod on his Z1 (I have the C6903) and post his results as well.

If you want the untouched video, download it here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ie0f2s1sbt3o3w/MOV_20140603180809.mp4 (It's useless to play it with dropbox player...)

EDIT : the video I uploaded on dropbox is another shootage in 120fps (shot earlier), I just found out I transfered the wrong file to the computer, sorry.

Last edited:

GTARaja

Nov 20, 2013
Bangalore, KA
Siema :)

We're still trying to get it to work. Hardware should be capable of that.

Please upload the decompiled files and we'll see. Post all your ideas and files you've got to the Dev thread. That might just help :)

here im attaching the camera apk decompiled http://d-h.st/Ga8
Here is the media profile xml http://d-h.st/rKu

also ive decompiled note 3,LG G2 they use some other parameters to set for 4k..but ive decompiled oneplus one camera apk which support 4k and i saw it uses the camcorder profile 12 n 13 for 4K UHD and 4K DCI.

pepeo123

Aug 30, 2013
I figured out that I have 88fps and not 120fps with 50-60mb/s (untouched) and 25fps with 23.9mb/s with the final one... It's wierd because omegastarr's video is 119 fps untouched and 52 modified

Someone should try this mod on his Z1 (I have the C6903) and post his results as well.

If you want the untouched video, download it here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ie0f2s1sbt3o3w/MOV_20140603180809.mp4 (It's useless to play it with dropbox player...)

EDIT : the video I uploaded on dropbox is another shootage in 120fps (shot earlier), I just found out I transfered the wrong file to the computer, sorry.

well i downloaded the vieo and checked here, it says maximum fps 134. but the avg is 88 like you said. this means 120 is possible, but there is defenitely work to do. after all, this is just 3 days work from lagalaga

lagalaga

Oct 11, 2010
well i downloaded the vieo and checked here, it says maximum fps 134. but the avg is 88 like you said. this means 120 is possible, but there is defenitely work to do. after all, this is just 3 days work from lagalaga

Not sure if we can change anything about that, perhaps there are some natural fluctuations. I wonder if the light situation, e.g. dark environments, change the frame rate. I don't know - I just move files around :)

pepeo123

Aug 30, 2013
Not sure if we can change anything about that, perhaps there are some natural fluctuations. I wonder if the light situation, e.g. dark environments, change the frame rate. I don't know - I just move files around :)

yeah actually you are right, i checked a timeshift video from z2 and there are extreme flutuations too. maximum fps 463, minimum 10, lol, so yeah fluctuations are present, and i think the 120fps port is 100% working

btw, do you have the awnser for my other question i posted in the 1 page?

thanks

Arstorm.Z

Jun 3, 2014
Wroclaw
Guys, I've just tried 4k recording with this mod and it worked! I can notice a little lag sometimes but it looks exactly like similar one on z2. However, as mentioned somewhere above, photoshooting still doesn't work.
P.s.: I wanted to post it in development thread because there written that 4k isn't working which is wrong in my case, however being registered a few minutes ago prevents me from this
P.p.s.: sorry for my english

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-04-00-55-08.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-04-00-55-08.png
    216.8 KB · Views: 801
Reactions: Chocolatetrain

lagalaga

Oct 11, 2010
btw, do you have the awnser for my other question i posted in the 1 page?

thanks

I don't know if we will have to update the hack if a new firmware comes. I'd say "yes".

---------- Post added at 07:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 AM ----------

yeah actually you are right, i checked a timeshift video from z2 and there are extreme flutuations too. maximum fps 463, minimum 10, lol, so yeah fluctuations are present, and i think the 120fps port is 100% working

It's still weird, though. There is probably some problem with the video analysis or perhaps some frame rate fluctuations related to camera startup before it settles. I want the video camera to do some technical analysis in the gym for weightlifting. If the frame rate varies, then the software won't be able to compute barbell speed/forces properly. Oh well, we'll see.

Top Liked Posts