Maybe 4.4.2 will come "Maybe"

Search This thread

Kico. St

Jul 6, 2012
Tirana
Here comes a good reason to still hope that maybe we'll get 4.4.2....i contacted htc support and asked to publish the source code for the 4.2.2 kernel and sure i mentioned how bad it is that we won't be able to get 4.4.2 and look what they said to me... Just check the screenshot, I think we are in the right way!
Cheers

Attachments

• 1396045882056.jpg
    1396045882056.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 1,576

XAlexander_AlexanderX

May 8, 2012
Here comes a good reason to still hope that maybe we'll get 4.4.2....i contacted htc support and asked to publish the source code for the 4.2.2 kernel and sure i mentioned how bad it is that we won't be able to get 4.4.2 and look what they said to me... Just check the screenshot, I think we are in the right way!
Cheers

This data was released March 24, 2014. The data in the chart says it all. It would be great if we had a kernel dev, maybe then we could have things like a fully working cyanogenmod for the AT&T version of the One X+ or even a Sense 5.5 port. Maybe something screwy is with the 4.1.1 kernel, I don't know. All I know is even if we don't get anything, this phone is still a decent phone and I'm tired of HTC. I sincerely wished I bought a Nokia Lumia. The camera on that phone is AMAZING.

Attachments

• update.jpg
    update.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 1,118

caronaakk

Apr 10, 2011
ahmedabad
To have 4.4.2 with htc sense 6 will give experience like HTC One m8
Lets hope for the best.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

DarkNate34

Oct 11, 2011
This ain't gonna happen, support for One X+ has been dropped, they may release the source code, but no updates will come. We still can't obtain S-Off even after two years. I'm sticking with Stable CM ROMs.

Sent from my One X+ using XDA Free mobile app

ivicask

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
May 25, 2009
Zagreb
Cheers

That tells absolutely nothing, its generic response. 4.2.2 will not come, its simple not possible without sources from Tegra, even Nvidia is dropping from manufacturing CPU processors..

k1moe

Jun 19, 2014
Hi :) can you tell me how the individual components (nvidia tegra source, Android 4.4.2 and kernel source, S-OFF etc.) hang together?
im new to the HOX + and at the moment I still have a lot of fun with experimenting and tweaking .. but how "future-proof" is HTC or the One X +?
Thanks for answers :)

HOX+ enrc2b, ARHD8.0, Elitekernel3.1.10 modded

geojoking

Jan 14, 2012
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
It's not. It's actually ALREADY discontinued, and has been for a while now. The last update is and was the 4.2.2 with Sense 5. Nothing will come after this, as HTC claims nVidia dropped support for the SoC on the One X and One X+.

To conclude, the One X/One X+ is not at all future-proof. It's already in the past.

k1moe

Jun 19, 2014
Hm damn. Then I have probably bought the wrong phone :S
thanks for the reply.

HOX+ enrc2b, ARHD8.0, Elitekernel3.1.10 modded

k1moe

Jun 19, 2014
yeah. the most I've tested... AOKP, CM.. 4.2-4.4 versions but i love the look of sense.
well, then I now have just enough time to play around with xposed: D

A

andrei-skull

Hi! Whether there are any news concerning Kit Kat or already it won't be because of Tegra?

Last edited:

hansiman0078

Jul 8, 2014
Hello,

I'm also afraid we won't get the official HTC update to 4.4.2.

Which is in your opinion the best ROM to use for everyday useage ?

I want to get a smartwatch, but they all require at least android 4.3 and I'm stuck on 4.2.2..

Thanks.

resinis

Dec 27, 2007
the htc one m7 can be had for the same price as the one x+ now. just sell your x+ and get an M7

sudhiakon

Aug 14, 2013
This data was released March 24, 2014. The data in the chart says it all. It would be great if we had a kernel dev, maybe then we could have things like a fully working cyanogenmod for the AT&T version of the One X+ or even a Sense 5.5 port. Maybe something screwy is with the 4.1.1 kernel, I don't know. All I know is even if we don't get anything, this phone is still a decent phone and I'm tired of HTC. I sincerely wished I bought a Nokia Lumia. The camera on that phone is AMAZING.

hello alexander,
you said that "The camera on that phone is AMAZING". well, i wanted to know which phone you are mentioning having amazing camera. The HTC One X+ or Nokia Lumia?

panpjp

Mar 28, 2012
Bangkok
It's funny how the Nexus 7 got 4.4 while that thing is a Tegra3. Google voodoo?

Now, about our device, let's not forget we can flash Sense6 on top of CM11, shall we? [emoji6]