[Q] [POLL] Grey M8 color variety: which one do you have?

Which Grey M8 do you have?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just received an american 32GB dev edition, FA44X

14263926572_41be4f7724_h.jpg

dark grey naturally, as expected the volume buttons rattle but very firm to press, actually it presses accidentally a lot less thanks to it

few more things i noticed:

the chamfer edges around the front and cameras is more reflective than the light, the feel is also more smooth, i think it even looks more premium especially thanks to the darker sides/more reflective edges, funny enough the dark version looks a lot nice in the colored flip cover

one thing for sure, these are two different casings each with it's own pros and cons

HTC = Not OCD friendly :)
    I've been in four stores today and looked 8 phones, 3 on display and 5 from the box at help desk. All of them were the light silver ones, non darker one. Can it be that HTC changed the depth of the colour in the further process after the first couple of batches.
    On two of them the volume rocker was not as firm. It was a same as the one on my M8.

Here are some pictures of the volume rocker on my phone.
    SH43M.

we dont need pictures of the volume rocker :) they match the body color on both variations

its the SIM/SD trays which reveals if its light or dark

and no HTC changed nothing, i have seen overlapping dark and light some are build newer some are built older, so the thing is random but consistent in traits

i am more and more convinced that they have two different sources for the grey casings and the logo imprint might be the proof

if indeed the logo differs between the two, this means its built in a different place, i will head to my cousin's today and compare our logos (i have the light, he has the dark)
    which means only one thing: HTC is sourcing two different providers for the metal shell

Literally what I just said.
    I have the lighter gray, T-MOUS HTC M8
    Added my vote as the lighter version, didn't notice before, but my SIM tray and SD tray seem to be much darker.

Serial....SH42V

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app