Harmon kardon?

Search This thread

sailio

Jul 25, 2010
Why isn't there a separate thread for the hk edition? I'm picking one up tomorrow because I can get it for $150 at radio shack. Just wondering what kind of development is there for it.

mjs2011

May 25, 2011
Because it's the same phone, just different software.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

slimbrady

Oct 15, 2013
Boise
Motorola Edge +
OnePlus 8T
I'm assuming just look for ROMs with hk? I just want to make sure that I'm getting best comparability.

I've yet to see a "HK" or "Original M8" etc etc description for a Rom. As stated previously, they are the exact same phone; 831C. There's even been a Sprint repair technician who did an open casing comparison of the two and found only different labeling on identical hardware. So long as you stick to Roms found within this sub-forum (Sprint HTC One (M8) ) you can rest assured you'll be getting full compatibility with your device.

Reactions: sslbaron and sailio

xLoveHateLegend

Feb 3, 2011
California (SoCal)
^ what he said.

The headphones suck, and (in my opinion) the color of the hk version is ugly, compared to gunmetal gray version. If I could go back, I'd just choose gunmetal gray.

Sent from my 831C using XDA Free mobile app

mjs2011

May 25, 2011
^ what he said.

The headphones suck, and (in my opinion) the color of the hk version is ugly, compared to gunmetal gray version. If I could go back, I'd just choose gunmetal gray.

Sent from my 831C using XDA Free mobile app

It's definitely all about preference. I think the Harman Kardon edition is the best looking phone I've ever owned. I've even had random people ask me what phone I have because of its visual appeal.

thronnos

Apr 28, 2011
San Antonio
www.TheOrderGaming.net
I also love the very slight accent of the gold on the front of the screen. I use an Otterbox since I walk/bike most everywhere and just that little touch really makes this phone jump out. I also love the HK headphones and Clari-Fi. I'm not a huge music buff so the technicalities I don't care about but in comparing a HK vs my Co-workers M8, the Clari-Fi does have a different sound slightly that I like

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm assuming just look for ROMs with hk? I just want to make sure that I'm getting best comparability.

I've yet to see a "HK" or "Original M8" etc etc description for a Rom. As stated previously, they are the exact same phone; 831C. There's even been a Sprint repair technician who did an open casing comparison of the two and found only different labeling on identical hardware. So long as you stick to Roms found within this sub-forum (Sprint HTC One (M8) ) you can rest assured you'll be getting full compatibility with your device.