[Q] Telstra Branded Z1 problems :/

Search This thread

Darkfleet

Jun 4, 2014
Rural
Firstly I rooted the phone by downgrading it unlocking bootloader etc. then upgraded to a newer firmware. I then went back to root it again, and tried to then install iHackers v 4.1

It seemed to have installed, but no matter what kernel i use for it, something has been wrong, either the IMEI get cleared from the phone, or it wont boot at all and wont even let me enter any of the recoveries apart from twrp. my flashtool throws this error every time i try to flash certain ftfs
Code:
05/021/2014 03:21:37 - INFO  - Preparing files for flashing
05/021/2014 03:21:38 - ERROR - 1
05/021/2014 03:21:38 - INFO  - Cannot open bundle. Flash operation canceled

I just want to be able to run the newest clean android rom (aosp style), or closest thing to (with sony apps) which iHackers seemed to be able to provide, or cyanogenmod.

Could someone please tell me how to go about doing what is required, from beginning (as the phone was bought) to end (rooted cyanogen or something of the sort), because im just getting more and more annoyed haha, this phone is nothing like my old htc wildfire and htc velocity :/

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
If you have unlocked the bootloader then

1) download the update.zip of the rom you want to flash
2) extract boot.img and flash it
3) Enter recovery and flash the update.zip
4) follow any other rom specific install instructions you will find on the OP

EDIT

error 1 on flashtool means you need to upgrade flashtool

Tradie

Jul 2, 2011
Adelaide
If you have unlocked the bootloader then

1) download the update.zip of the rom you want to flash
2) extract boot.img and flash it
3) Enter recovery and flash the update.zip
4) follow any other rom specific install instructions you will find on the OP

EDIT

error 1 on flashtool means you need to upgrade flashtool

I've tried those things, but ill do it all again.

I've tried the newest version of flashtool, older versions, and im finally trying 0.9.15.0 because that is what another post said had to be used for the bootbundle. Ehm who knows. I guess i'll just keep trying till its all working good. Telstra finally updated to .757 yesterday, and im downloading it right now to test if thats going to be any better than what it has been so far.

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
I've tried those things, but ill do it all again.

I've tried the newest version of flashtool, older versions, and im finally trying 0.9.15.0 because that is what another post said had to be used for the bootbundle. Ehm who knows. I guess i'll just keep trying till its all working good. Telstra finally updated to .757 yesterday, and im downloading it right now to test if thats going to be any better than what it has been so far.

use the latest version 0.9.16.0

Why are you flashing a FTF? I never said to do that, flash the boot.img extracted from the update.zip using fastboot

Darkfleet

Jun 4, 2014
Rural
So I finally ended up with rooted .757 and tried to install ihackers by fastboot flashing the boot.img then booting to recovery (Philz) and installing the aroma version. it failed miserably by going into a boot loop at the boot logo.
I'm currently working my way back to rooted .757 because i forgot to make a backup -_- stupid I know but I was tired and keen to try iHackers.

What could I be doing wrong?