Smartband alarm is very weak. Possible to adjust?

Search This thread

twinikita

Jul 16, 2008
The main reason I got the smartband was to use it as an alarm clock. So far it hasn't been able to wake me up even once.

Either the vibration is just too damn weak, or I'm a very heavy sleeper.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, and is it possible to increase the vibration somehow?

Lawido

Feb 5, 2014
The main reason I got the smartband was to use it as an alarm clock. So far it hasn't been able to wake me up even once.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, and is it possible to increase the vibration somehow?

does it vibrate well when you get txt message or phone rings? have you enabled alarm in smardband settings?

Last edited:

ahvipardik

Aug 3, 2012
Not possible to increase, but from my experience the vibration wakes me up well.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

twinikita

Jul 16, 2008
does it vibrate well when you get txt message or phone rings? have you enabled alarm in smardband settings?

Same vibration all around, so doesn't seem to be something wrong with the alarm. Also tested the alarm during the day to make sure it works, which it does, so it looks like this is about me sleeping too heavy or something.

Bummer.

hidea

Checkout the "Smart wake up" option; see if you have that option turned on.

I don't claim to understand how the feature works; but it says "SMart wake-up wakes you up when you are sleeping lightly". I'm assuming this feature prevents the watch to wake you up through the alarm feature, if you're in a deep sleep?

twinikita

Jul 16, 2008
As far as detecting light/deep sleep I'm not sure how advanced that feature really is.. beyond making an educated guess based on movement patterns that is.

I did try making it tighter, and today it actually woke me up. Downside is it leaves a nice imprint on my wrist. But I can live with that.

schallwert

Jan 6, 2012
Checkout the "Smart wake up" option; see if you have that option turned on.

I don't claim to understand how the feature works; but it says "SMart wake-up wakes you up when you are sleeping lightly". I'm assuming this feature prevents the watch to wake you up through the alarm feature, if you're in a deep sleep?

It does, but the smartband isn't very reliable when detecting sleep at all from my experience, so I don't really trust it detecting light vs. heavy sleep either.
However, the smart wakeup feature will always vibrate when set up. If you have looked at the description you may have noticed that it's not a set time point, but an interval. It basically should check for light sleep, and wake you up as soon as detected, but at the latest at the determined end of the interval regardless of sleep.

Last edited:

kaz0ku

Mar 17, 2014

Well I use my smartband as an alarm and it has never failed to wake me up. I use the small band with the last slot left open (the end slot), you must be a very heavy sleeper (I thought I was a heavy sleeper, reaching the record of 13 hours of sleep)

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app