By cyril279, Senior Member on 4th June 2014, 02:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th June 2014, 05:43 PM |#11  
Flag Bethlehem, PA
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyril279

I haven't tried Renders' CWM with this firmware, but I expect that it should work just fine.

If the concern is accessing your CWM backups, nandroid manager is also an option. It can see everything inside CWM or TWRP backups, no matter which is currently installed.

Thanks for pointing me to that app. I'm assuming can you restore an entire nandroid backup from that app no matter what recovery is installed. I don't really care about extracting apps from the backups. I want to do a complete nandoid recovery.

5th June 2014, 06:57 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,080

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal2001

Thanks for pointing me to that app. I'm assuming can you restore an entire nandroid backup from that app no matter what recovery is installed. I don't really care about extracting apps from the backups. I want to do a complete nandoid recovery.

If you're only looking to restore a complete nandroid, I would suggest something more like your original plan:
reboot to recovery > install RB_cwm_kernel > reboot to recovery > restore cwm backup.

I'm not a fan of relying on apps and their scripts to restore complete nandroids.
It's a great app for managing nandroids, thanks to @razen_kain for pointing it out to me.

-Cyril
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cyril279 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cyril279 Ad-Free
5th June 2014, 07:11 PM |#13  
Flag Bethlehem, PA
Thanks Meter: 79

More
That is exactly what I wound up doing.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Free mobile app
6th June 2014, 02:19 AM |#14  
Flag Mandeville
Thanks Meter: 11

More
@cyril279 does this mean that your development/maintenance of SlimKat weeklies is on pause or has ended? Just want to know if we should switch over to SlimSaber instead of waiting on further development of the SlimKat.

Btw... Tried SlimSaber pretty nifty but some features I prefer from SlimKat so I'm back to SlimKat for now...

Keep up the good work though
6th June 2014, 04:34 AM |#15  
Flag shreveport
Thanks Meter: 2,453

More
I've been getting some really great battery life AND performance on this ROM for a couple days. Battery keeps getting better and there has not been one single hiccup since the first boot. Running stock kernel BTW. Thanks for this Cyril! I can really tell a difference with the saber mod tool chain. Probably going to dd this one for a while. Tried to talk the wife into it but she's a resurrection remix girl now
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to razen_kain For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift razen_kain Ad-Free
6th June 2014, 06:11 AM |#16  
OP Senior Member

More
I will definitely continue building SlimKat weekly.

Just not this next week. Not for either firmware.

I would like to know, more specifically, what you prefer about slimkat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poorboyrichy

@cyril279 does this mean that your development/maintenance of SlimKat weeklies is on pause or has ended? Just want to know if we should switch over to SlimSaber instead of waiting on further development of the SlimKat.

Btw... Tried SlimSaber pretty nifty but some features I prefer from SlimKat so I'm back to SlimKat for now...

Keep up the good work though

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cyril279 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cyril279 Ad-Free
6th June 2014, 03:42 PM |#17  
Flag Mandeville

More
Thinking about it now it's only 2 things i can remember that sent me back to SlimKat for now.

1. I didn't find the option for me to select which home option I'd like to choose (Simple issue yes I know)
2. I wasn't getting any other account to sync after google accounts were added.

I think there might have been something else, but I'd have to flash again to see what it was.

Quote:

I will definitely continue building SlimKat weekly.

Just not this next week. Not for either firmware.

I would like to know, more specifically, what you prefer about slimkat.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
6th June 2014, 04:01 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member

More
"home option"?
I'm not clear on what home options you're looking for.
I'm not aware of any functional difference in-between the two firmwares, only SMDK4210 specific optimizations, but I could be wrong.

settings > device [Home] > {choose launcher}?
-or maybe -
settings > advanced settings [Navigation} > Hardware Buttons > Home Key {options}?

Regarding account sync issues, the only time I had problems was the result of dirty-flashing.

Either way, whether OG Slim, or Super-charged Slim, you can't go wrong!
-Cyril

Quote:

Thinking about it now it's only 2 things i can remember that sent me back to SlimKat for now.

1. I didn't find the option for me to select which home option I'd like to choose (Simple issue yes I know)
2. I wasn't getting any other account to sync after google accounts were added. [...]

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cyril279 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cyril279 Ad-Free
6th June 2014, 05:12 PM |#19  
Flag Mandeville

More
Yes it relates to choosing the launcher that I wanted to use. I hadn't seen that option. Or maybe I wasn't looking in the right place....

Quote:

"home option"?
I'm not clear on what home options you're looking for.
I'm not aware of any functional difference in-between the two firmwares, only SMDK4210 specific optimizations, but I could be wrong.

settings > device [Home] > {choose launcher}?
-or maybe -
settings > advanced settings [Navigation} > Hardware Buttons > Home Key {options}?

Regarding account sync issues, the only time I had problems was the result of dirty-flashing.

Either way, whether OG Slim, or Super-charged Slim, you can't go wrong!
-Cyril

6th June 2014, 07:28 PM |#20  
Flag shreveport
Thanks Meter: 2,453

More
Quote:

Yes it relates to choosing the launcher that I wanted to use. I hadn't seen that option. Or maybe I wasn't looking in the right place....

It's right there in settings under slim center
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1402075721541.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	2784143  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to razen_kain For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift razen_kain Ad-Free
6th June 2014, 08:43 PM |#21  
Flag Mandeville

More
Well I didn't see that option. I'll flash when i get home and see if its there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razen_kain

It's right there in settings under slim center

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Poorboyrichy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Poorboyrichy Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)