ISIS with Developer HTC One M8

Search This thread

Tubifex

Jun 14, 2012
Utah
I have the apk and can't get it to even install. I have root and S-off running the latest AOKP. Any suggestions?

anboi

Jul 27, 2014
I have the apk and can't get it to even install. I have root and S-off running the latest AOKP. Any suggestions?

Has anyone been able to install ISIS Wallet on a GPE M8? I've tried replacing my build.prop file with an original one from T-Mobile, but the phone keeps restoring the GPE prop file when I reboot.

Wonders_Never_Cease

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 10, 2013
Dont think it will run on either of those two systems@AOKP or GPE,its meant for carrier specific roms....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just gotta ask...why would you bother with ISIS when Google Wallet supposedly works out of the box
    Other getting a one time $50 credit for opening a card with them Isis is pointless and refuse to use the app, specially cause its ugly.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    went to pick up my new M8 with the ATT store, and got the same nag about ISIS. The SIM is compatible, and ISIS was installed, and they offer $50 credit on it. Since I knew I will root the phone and it will die anyhow, I said yes, and immediately bought screen protector and other stuff for a total of $45 , actually not paying a dime..

Cane home, unlocked boot , S-OFF and rooted the phone. ISIS does not work now even with the Xposed root bypass (I suspect the HW on the new SIM is lower level binary than xposed is), but I don;t care as I have Wallet installed and working fine. Anyhow it works exactly at the same places in the US, plus in Europe.. :laugh:

Over all- Say yes for the ATT rep, and get $50 free stuff in the store right away.. I don't see how this is affecting credit score as this is not a credit line, but a prepaid e-wallet..

Hmmm...I just unlocked, rooted and S-OFF'd my brand-new M8 over the weekend and loaded the latest ViperOne M8 ROM on it tonight; coming from the purposely gimped AT&T Galaxy S4, my modded M8 looks, runs, and sounds great, just like I want.

After using the latest Xposed ISIS root check bypass, I was able to get ISIS running just fine, signed up for it and Serve, and got my $50 credit (I didn't want to sign up in the store, because I wanted to get some more info on it first). Even if ISIS decides to stop working, the physical card should be here in a few days; the plus side to that is I'll be able to use that $50 anywhere that takes AMEX, even places without NFC terminals or at online stores, such as Amazon and Newegg.

"Free" money is always nice; it almost makes up for the taxes that I paid on the phone when I got it Friday.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
    Actually, the difference is HUGE. Google Wallet takes the transaction and tries to authorize a purchase to your designated credit card. Google Wallet does not look or behave like your designated card. Transactions first go to google's servers, then google servers try to authorize the amount against your preferred card and if approved then approves the transaction. Google retains the information for the transaction. This is useless for me since on my statement all my Google Wallet transactions show up as Google transactions.

ISIS, on the other hand, actually emulates your selected card. All transaction data is passed thru just as if you used your card. Since it's emulating your card, merchant details will show up on your statement, not "Google". Google Wallet is useless for many many business travelers that submit expense reports via statements... myself included.

Furthermore, at least it is my understanding, that since all of your purchases are funneling through Google, you won't get reward points on your credit cards for specific category purchases, and might not get them at all for the "everything else" category. For me, reward points and building credit are the whole purpose of me even using credit cards, so that's a huge red mark for Google Wallet.

This is how Google manages to support so many cards BTW. It's because they just make a "Google" purchase transaction on your card and then finance your purchase with Google Bucks. That may work for some, but it defeats the purpose for many, and at the very least, makes it difficult to track all your transactions.

To be fair, a lot of this is because AT&T is blocking Google from getting the appropriate contracts with CC companies, it's not like Google doesn't want to have the same type of service ISIS offers.

EDIT: I looked in to it further, and the other concern is that you would not get your credit card benefits either -- So kiss additional insurance, return protection, travel assurance, etc all goodbye. I wish that Google Wallet were what we all want it to be, but their current system is flawed.