*Sigh*

Search This thread

davidstre

Feb 25, 2009
NYNY
Simple minded opinion, hahaha, good one! Now we're putting each other down? Cool! Forgive me for not partaking.

You stated M8 pics only look good on the M8 screen, not on screens in general... I don't need to print photos to be able to tell which are more clear. A simple side-by-side comparison of N3, S4, and M8 pics shows the M8 shots are more crisp in my use. That's all I really need to see, I don't see how printing will soften the clarity of the M8 pics or sharpen the clarity of the N3/S4 pics. I don't claim to be an expert photographer. All I care about is getting good pictures of my kids (2.5 years and 8 months). They move a lot and blurry pics can be a problem, even with my dSLR if the settings aren't ideal. For taking pics of my kids/family/dog/etc, the M8 simply outperforms the other two phones I've mentioned. I don't really print my cell phone pics very often, if ever so if they do for some weird illogical reason look bad when printed, I don't really care. I haven't compared to an S5 as I don't own one, and I'm not trying to argue which is the better phone, I simply came in to say the M8 camera, at least for my type of usage, is actually quite good.

If you read my post I say "on screen" not specifically on the M8s screen. Reading can be tricky though so I understand the confusion.

It's great that the camera works for your needs but that doesn't make it the better camera. Many people use their smartphone as a digital camera and so printing matters to many. Some people even print and frame photos of their kids.

Aside from opinions of which camera takes a better photo we must look at build quality. Physical damage ruins even the best camera.

If anyone is actually reading this in hopes of finding out which camera is better many websites offer side by side comparison shots. I would go there and decide for yourself.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mlin

Dec 27, 2007
If you read my post I say "on screen" not specifically on the M8s screen. Reading can be tricky though so I understand the confusion.

It's great that the camera works for your needs but that doesn't make it the better camera. Many people use their smartphone as a digital camera and so printing matters to many. Some people even print and frame photos of their kids.

Aside from opinions of which camera takes a better photo we must look at build quality. Physical damage ruins even the best camera.

If anyone is actually reading this in hopes of finding out which camera is better many websites offer side by side comparison shots. I would go there and decide for yourself.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Fair enough, I misread your post. I still don't understand how printing could make such a significant difference. If I'm viewing two images in a photo viewing program on a computer, what could possibly change between viewing and printing that the images would look so different? This claim doesn't make a lot of sense.

Regarding the lens scuffing, my wife's S4 has scratches similar to the ones mentioned in the M8 thread, maybe that's why her pics are so blurry. Same story for my N3, which used to take clearer pics, or at least I thought it did. My M8 is relatively new so I suppose time will tell if it suffers the same fate.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

K-alz

Jun 7, 2013
Fair enough, I misread your post. I still don't understand how printing could make such a significant difference. If I'm viewing two images in a photo viewing program on a computer, what could possibly change between viewing and printing that the images would look so different? This claim doesn't make a lot of sense.

Regarding the lens scuffing, my wife's S4 has scratches similar to the ones mentioned in the M8 thread, maybe that's why her pics are so blurry. Same story for my N3, which used to take clearer pics, or at least I thought it did. My M8 is relatively new so I suppose time will tell if it suffers the same fate.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Less pixels=bad printed photos
More pixels=better printed photos
I've been into photography for quite a while and I know a little.
You can see the shattered/scattered "texture" of the photos when they're printed from a low pixel camera.
Anyway, I think Instagram is a better place for camera arguments and photography. Tell me about root, please. let's put all that aside and "argue" about who's working more to help motivate the devs and the other guys that I see have been searching and throwing links for a possibility of help here and there. Off topic and good/bad cameras isn't gonna help much really (neither is my very post). I own another device and I'm as mad as everyone here. Let's keep on topic and stop shooting each other down. Sorry for the extra off topic post, but couldn't shut it any longer. LOL

from the tip of my fangers...!

Last edited:

skifreek

Mar 22, 2011
CT
Can someone get a hold of those dude? Or its probably straight up bs....
a8ebajah.jpg

atrix-burst-gs2-note-note2-gs5

Dennisg34

Jan 30, 2013
New Hampshire
Can someone get a hold of those dude? Or its probably straight up bs....
a8ebajah.jpg

atrix-burst-gs2-note-note2-gs5

Looks like a yahoo article f that helps, I'll send an email if you can confirm it's yahoo you were reading. This way it's easy because it's just that name @yahoo.com... but these guys are probably more full of sh*t than my septic system

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: spotmark

Franzie3

Sep 24, 2010
Newburgh, NY

Yea i'd take that with a grain of salt....i could of made the same comment and reply that he did. If he did and didn't want to share that's on him. I doubt he did and I think he is trying to stir the pot and troll. I've never seen or heard that name and most people use the same name to comment. I would love to be proven wrong, but it just smells like trolling to me

Reactions: kprice8

Dennisg34

Jan 30, 2013
New Hampshire

Dennisg34

Jan 30, 2013
New Hampshire
Pfffft looks like his account isn't real, sent him an email.

edit: not sure why the picture isn't posting...anyways I got a failure domain email back

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I replied to his comments to put his money where is mouth is. Funny how one of his reply comments was, "how do you know I already haven't claimed it?" Lol he's trolling so much goats won't cross him.

Hmmm

I've been on Android since the first day the G1 came out. I've rooted (well, used the root exploits) for every phone I've own since that one.

However, I'm finding that it's not such a huge deal with the S5. My biggest issue is the security enforced for Exchange. And there I just set timeout to 30 minutes and prevent the power key from locking. Another annoyance is that most of the Android phones I've owned didn't have a simple restart function on holding down the power. This does. Small but really annoying thing to me. I've also found that I can turn most things off and the speed and battery life are pretty exceptional.

So, I'm not in a huge rush for root. Do I want it? Heck yes. I'd love to see what this phone could do with a clean rom and custom kernel. But, I'm also finding that it does a pretty good job for me without root. Just took a bit to get past the "But... but... but... I root everything!!!!!" feeling I had when I got it :)
    I believe it's only looking grim because there's been very few public updates on the situation. There are currently talented devs working hard to try and make this happen.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    I believe it's only looking grim because there's been very few public updates on the situation. There are currently talented devs working hard to try and make this happen.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

^^ Likely due to all the bickering and digressions...
    I've had little issue adjusting to no root with the S5 and am quite happy with the purchase.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk