Tizen Root Access Implications

Search This thread

tooandrew

What do you think the implications of root access on tizen will be? do you think that we will see an application compatibility layer to run android apps on the tizen gg1? or a way for people to return to android? perhaps a custom recovery or whatever. those are the things im hoping to see. what are you hoping to see? and what do you expect? developer input would be great.

crutzulee

Feb 20, 2011
Toronto
What do you think the implications of root access on tizen will be? do you think that we will see an application compatibility layer to run android apps on the tizen gg1? or a way for people to return to android? perhaps a custom recovery or whatever. those are the things im hoping to see. what are you hoping to see? and what do you expect? developer input would be great.

Right now the only thing I miss is the removal of the video recording limit and I know that some very talented people are already working on it:D:D.

The more I think of it, I wonder why Samsung would cripple this product so badly right out of the box? I mean, with limited storage, I understand the need for a recording limit....but 15 seconds???

westwallpoma

Apr 11, 2013
Huawei Nexus 6P
The more I think of it, I wonder why Samsung would cripple this product so badly right out of the box? I mean, with limited storage, I understand the need for a recording limit....but 15 seconds???

When you consider the primary use case scenario it makes sense when you consider the length of time it takes to synchronise the recorded video to your mobile device. 15s is a reasonable duration of video for the amount of time it takes to upload to the phone in terms of "take video, wait for it to sync, watch video on your phone / upload to facebook etc".

Reactions: crutzulee

tooandrew

i have google now on my null gear, google translate conversation mode, all of that good ****. i like the android apps, even if i had to sideload to tizen i think the android apps are a must, so an app compatibility layer would be nice. i know it already exists.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

When you consider the primary use case scenario it makes sense when you consider the length of time it takes to synchronise the recorded video to your mobile device. 15s is a reasonable duration of video for the amount of time it takes to upload to the phone in terms of "take video, wait for it to sync, watch video on your phone / upload to facebook etc".