171 posts
Thanks Meter: 151

By TripCode, Senior Member on 3rd June 2014, 03:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th June 2014, 11:58 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Cannot tap button
Hi! i've done all the previous steps, but when i unlock the phone, to confirm the backup, i cant tap on "back up my data", it doesnt even grey at hover, just like the button wasn't there...
I can choose not to backup, that button works perfectly, and write the password too, i've tried all the screen, but nothing happends, so i can't backup the phone...

Does anyone think how to solve that? Thanks!

8th June 2014, 09:35 PM |#12  

More
Permission denied
Hi, I followed all instructions and I generated this error.

I would appreciate your help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sin título.jpg
Views:	10901
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	2787815  
9th June 2014, 12:17 AM |#13  

More
Unhappy Error
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesho_alaa

Still showing the attached message

I, too am showing the same error.
9th June 2014, 02:11 AM |#14  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curwens

Hi! i've done all the previous steps, but when i unlock the phone, to confirm the backup, i cant tap on "back up my data", it doesnt even grey at hover, just like the button wasn't there...
I can choose not to backup, that button works perfectly, and write the password too, i've tried all the screen, but nothing happends, so i can't backup the phone...

Does anyone think how to solve that? Thanks!

Try rebooting the device and trying again. If it is still greyed out, the backup feature maybe disabled on the device. Some manufacturers / service providers have specifically disabled usb backups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kharloz_jc

Hi, I followed all instructions and I generated this error.

I would appreciate your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalaa

I, too am showing the same error.

It would appear that the key was extracted, but the "copy" wasn't pushed to the sdcard. KitKat? You don't need a copy of the key on your sdcard unless you want to use a supported app. As the key was extracted successfully, you could attempt to copy it by other means.
9th June 2014, 06:02 PM |#15  

More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripCode

This sounds to me like you need to update your PATH Environment variable with the directory in which java is installed.

Open up a DOS window and type: "where java" (without quotes) to determine possible locations.

If it's located in: "C:\Windows\System32" then the following code should suffice:

Code:
set PATH=%PATH%;C:\Windows\System32
If it's located in: "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin" then:

Code:
set PATH=%PATH%;C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin
The above needs to be added to the bat script BEFORE Java is called. You can edit the bat script by opening it with Notepad.

Alternatively, you could permanently update the PATH Environment (probably a better method).

To do this you would: Right click on "Computer" or "My Computer", within Windows Explorer, choose "Properties", click on the "Advanced system settings" and/or the "Advanced" tab, then click on the "Environment Variables" button. Select the "PATH" line, click the "Edit" button, and add the relevant directory to the end of any text that exists for PATH, prefixing the java path with a ";" (semicolon) if this line already contains other string paths. If PATH does not exist then you will need to add it. Sorry this paragraph is a little double-dutch (trying to cater for multiple versions of Windows).

Hi, I am receiving the "Cannot find the path specified" error. I have tried both changing the script and also the other method, in environment variables. I am curious if this has anything to do with the fact that its an ATT phone (since no one can even root it yet)? No other apps can access my phone, either. I have USB debugging enabled and all prerequisite programs installed. Tried on 2 computers, win7 and win 8.1

I wonder if i it is an error on my part..?
9th June 2014, 07:31 PM |#16  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripCode

Try rebooting the device and trying again. If it is still greyed out, the backup feature maybe disabled on the device. Some manufacturers / service providers have specifically disabled usb backups.

It would appear that the key was extracted, but the "copy" wasn't pushed to the sdcard. KitKat? You don't need a copy of the key on your sdcard unless you want to use a supported app. As the key was extracted successfully, you could attempt to copy it by other means.

I have reviewed the "Extract" folder and there was the key. I have managed to decrypt it.

Thanks for the help and the tool!

PD: sorry for my bad English, I use translator is haha.
11th June 2014, 03:02 PM |#17  

More
Nothing happens
Hi, first, thanks for this iniciative. A lot of people would apreciate this

I think I did everything as u said, but when I open the WhatsAppKeyExtract,bat and then conect my phone in debuggin mode to PC, nothing happens. Ive waited for 10 minutes and.. nothing happens. Keep showing the initial message: "Please connect your Android device..." and in my phone nothing happens too. Just show a messagem at the upper tab saying: "USB debbugin conected".

Theres any kind of setting to do futher in the debbug options?

Thanks

Update: I had do install de universal adb driver for my phone, and now it starts the download, but now im having problem with java... the messagem says "'java' isnt a recognizable command". I tried all solutions in this post and nothing.. I need heeeelp!
12th June 2014, 06:50 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Solution to path problem
Is working perfect. For someone else that can happen the same thing as me. I have to fix something (i am spanish) about:
java is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

Here is the solution:
java .com/en/download/help/path.xml

Or here:
1. Right-Click My Computer and select Properties
2. Then Click The Advanced Tab
3. Then Click Environment Variables
4. Select Path In The Bottom Box and Click Edit
5. Find Where You installed Java (E.g "C:\Program Files\Java\bin)
Its different on each computer
6. Make Sure to add a semicolon after the word bin in the path to seperate it from the other important paths
7. If this doesnt work then you may have to reinstall Java and Try Again

Setting Path on Windows
For Windows XP:

1. Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Advanced
2. Click on Environment Variables, under System Variables, find PATH, and click on it.
3. In the Edit windows, modify PATH by adding the location of the class to the value for PATH. If you do not have the item PATH, you may select to add a new variable and add PATH as the name and the location of the class as the value.
4. Close the window.
5. Reopen Command prompt window, and run your java code.
15th June 2014, 01:29 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nm1goi6m0o...2022.25.27.png

I am getting this error.
using java run time 7 update 60

any ideas?

Thanks!
17th June 2014, 08:44 PM |#20  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzuyang

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nm1goi6m0o...2022.25.27.png

I am getting this error.
using java run time 7 update 60

any ideas?

Thanks!

Have seen this error before (not related to bat file). You may need to revert to an earlier Java version.
18th June 2014, 03:14 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hi everyone!
Can I modify DB/history message with this script?

I need insert some old message into whatsapp... I think it's possible with something who edit the db file... true?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
crypt, crypt5, crypt8, smsbackup, whatsapp

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)