Verizon m8 Root / Xposed help

Search This thread

Ajkowal

May 24, 2012
Hey guys, I have a HTC One M8 (Verizon) that I'm seeking some help in regards to root / xposed modules.

To start off, I'm rooted using Weaksauce. I have xposed installed but in order to get it to work, when I press "install / update", I have to press cancel to NOT reboot. Following this, if I want the install to actually work, I have to do a soft reboot within the app. This first soft reboot seems work 99% of the time where my phone will boot back up just fine.

However, say one of my modules has an update. I download the update, press install, and it asks for a reboot. If I do a normal reboot, my phone will reboot but xposed won't be installed. If I do a soft reboot, then my phone freezes at the Verizon logo and there's nothing I can do other than a hard reset which results in xposed not being installed.

Does anyone know what causes it to freeze? Or better yet, does anyone know how I would go about just permanently rooting if that's the better option? The only thing that worries me about the permanent root is if its reversible and can be covered if I need to send my phone in. My last phone was a droid razer maxx which I had fully rooted, and I was able to undo the root when I needed to send it in for repairs.

Thanks!

sarvanan84

Jun 11, 2013
Chennai
Hey guys, I have a HTC One M8 (Verizon) that I'm seeking some help in regards to root / xposed modules.

To start off, I'm rooted using Weaksauce. I have xposed installed but in order to get it to work, when I press "install / update", I have to press cancel to NOT reboot. Following this, if I want the install to actually work, I have to do a soft reboot within the app. This first soft reboot seems work 99% of the time where my phone will boot back up just fine.

However, say one of my modules has an update. I download the update, press install, and it asks for a reboot. If I do a normal reboot, my phone will reboot but xposed won't be installed. If I do a soft reboot, then my phone freezes at the Verizon logo and there's nothing I can do other than a hard reset which results in xposed not being installed.

Does anyone know what causes it to freeze? Or better yet, does anyone know how I would go about just permanently rooting if that's the better option? The only thing that worries me about the permanent root is if its reversible and can be covered if I need to send my phone in. My last phone was a droid razer maxx which I had fully rooted, and I was able to undo the root when I needed to send it in for repairs.

Thanks!

You need to permenantly root your device to get xposed working.
S u can very well restore to factory firmware and unroot ur device to claim ur warrenty.
Weaksause is a temporary rooting tool, once u finished rooting with weaksauce install custom recovery.
use this thread for help.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2708628
Once u install custom recovery u have a permanent rooting,
then try to install CLEANROM 1.1 which is a best rom for HTC One M8 verizon model. which will have everything working for u.
HIT THANKS IF U LIKE THE POST.

Reactions: dunn816

NHOGN

Feb 1, 2014
Newnan,Ga

Thanks!

read this Verizon HTC One (M8) > Verizon One (M8) General > [GUIDE] How To S-Off; Permanent Root; Custom Recovery !;):good:

dunn816

Jul 14, 2013
pittsburgh
Yup permanent root is Ur best option...the same was happening to me then I permanently rooted and xposed works 100 %

HTC ONE M8?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks!

You need to permenantly root your device to get xposed working.
    S u can very well restore to factory firmware and unroot ur device to claim ur warrenty.
    Weaksause is a temporary rooting tool, once u finished rooting with weaksauce install custom recovery.
    use this thread for help.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2708628
    Once u install custom recovery u have a permanent rooting,
    then try to install CLEANROM 1.1 which is a best rom for HTC One M8 verizon model. which will have everything working for u.
    HIT THANKS IF U LIKE THE POST.