[SOLUTION] Update:New JBlend from HD Mini (WM6.5.X issue fixed) How to install JBlend

Search This thread

mightymn

Oct 18, 2006
I couldn't find this anywhere so I assume no one has posted something like this before.

I flashed my HD2 to Miri's v1.2 ROM and found out I didn't have JBlend anymore. Since I could't find any other JVM that could run Opera Mini as good as JBlend (at least visually) I tried to use the package that came with ROM 1.48 and make a CAB. Unfortunately it didn't install. I removed all the files from my CAB and left the registry parts in it and it installed. I did try to apply the registry changes by importing the reg files but there seemed to a problem and all the 3 registry editors I used said "import finished" and nothing was imported. The CAB however does the job.

So for anyone trying to have the JBlend version that came with the HD2 without flashing another ROM, try this:

1. Unzip all the files in the .zip file to \Windows

AND

2. Install the attached CAB (on the device)

To get the shortcut in start menu, create a shortcut called "JBlend.lnk" pointing to "\Windows\JBlend_AMS.exe" and place it in "\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Tools"
(or wherever you want, only, the nice .png icon won't show if it's not in Tools)

Update (March 31st, 2010)
I replaced the files with the ones from the JBlend version that comes with the HD Mini (Photon). Now there's no problem with screen alignment in 6.5.X ROMs anymore.

Last edited:

Mehrdad201

Dec 24, 2009
Dear mightymn

I tried your solution for this issue.

But unfortunately, it didn't work on my phone.

do you have any other procedure for installing JBlend or the other JAVA environment?

mightycaz

Jul 15, 2008
Forgive me if im being stupid, but what is Jblend? I just googled it and it seems to be a Java program but thats all I know!

Thanks.....

jakorenki

May 17, 2009
you guys can try out this too!

is working on my Miri's ROM.

It creates an icon for Opera Mini, making it work like an app.

however, it is buggy sometimes. When u change the input to full screen edit, you cannot press OK or Cancel after typing. This is the only major issue i faced so far.

Attachments

• MiniV9b2.cab
    1.4 MB · Views: 80

mightymn

Oct 18, 2006
Dear mightymn

I tried your solution for this issue.

But unfortunately, it didn't work on my phone.

do you have any other procedure for installing JBlend or the other JAVA environment?

hum... what exactly is the porblem?
make sure you copy all the files from the .zip file to your \Windows folder and then install the cab, soft reset and now you should be able to run JBlend_AMS.exe from the windows folder.

can anyone else also try this?

thanx!

note: Now I tried it on microsoft's winmo 6.5 emulator and it works there :-?

Last edited:

Mehrdad201

Dec 24, 2009
Dear mightymn

In the other forum, I explained my problem.

I registered a visitor message there. Please read them as soon as you can.

hankchao

Jul 21, 2008
It does work for mine

Hi, Mighty, got to thank you for the sharing. It works perfectly for mine and has resovled a big problem after I had flashed my rom.