FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] can't copy/move to INTERNAL memory

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By MisterVolum, Junior Member on 1st June 2014, 03:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
hello everyone. Everything was fine, until i decided to restore the phone to it's factory settings, because of too much battery drain.
My phone is rooted, it is stock 4.2.2, and i have 2 file managers: ES File Manager (for it's LAN possibility) and Root Explorer 3.1.7 for it's speed. And also have the stock file manager.

After the factory restore, i noticed that i am unable to copy/move files to internal memory from MicroSD via ES File Manager and Root Explorer, and Solid Explorer, though i granted them root rights via SuperSU. Everytime i try to do so, i get this message:
Copy failed to /storage/emulated/0. I tried converting this apps to system apps, using Titanium Backup, but no succes
i also can't copy/move anything to folders located inside /storage/emulated/0, like: Alarms, Android, backups, Books, clockworkmod, DCIM, Documents, Download, fonts, Movies, Notifications, Pictures, Podcasts, Sounds...
interesting is that i can create folders inside these ones, but i can't copy/move anything there.

Moon+ Reader also can't create its backup files inside /sdcard/Books/MoonReader/Backup/ with a message of open failed: EACCES (Permission denied), but there's no problem when backing-up files on 32GB MicroSD.
uTorrent application also can't write data inside /storage/emulated/0, giving the same error: EACCES (Persmission denied).

Another very interesting thing is that i CAN copy/move files to /storage/emulated/0 via stock file manager.
I also CAN copy/move files via ES File Explorer, Root Explorer to any other folder located outside /storage/emulated/0.

i tried changing the permissions of /storage folder to rwxrwxr-- using Root Explorer, and it changes. I can also change the /storage/emulated permissions from ---r-x--- to rwxrwxrwx, but despite this, i can't copy/move files. After phone reboot, the permissions of /storage/emulated restores to ---r-x---.
Can't change any permissions on /storage/sdcard0, /storage/emulated/0, /storage/emulated/legacy, though they are respectively: rwxrwxrwx, rwxrwxr-x, rwxrwxr-x. I get: permissions change was not successful. Please note that some file systems (e.g. SD card) do not allow permission changes.

Any ideas on a workaround ?
Thank you for any help you can provide in this situation.

8th June 2014, 02:45 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
i fixed the problem by installing a modified stock kernel GT-I9195_Kernel_v1.zip from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2364980 because i had high battery drain (up to 3% per hour) in idle mode, with gps, sync, gmaps, nfc, 3g - all turned off. Sometimes i had 0.5% per hour, sometimes 2% per hour, sometimes 3% per hour. Restarting the phone sometimes fixed the drain, other times - didn't.
Will see if it's the fix for the battery also.

moderators, please add a "fixed" to the title of the thread.
29th December 2016, 07:47 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterVolum

hello everyone. Everything was fine, until i decided to restore the phone to it's factory settings, because of too much battery drain.
My phone is rooted, it is stock 4.2.2, and i have 2 file managers: ES File Manager (for it's LAN possibility) and Root Explorer 3.1.7 for it's speed. And also have the stock file manager.

After the factory restore, i noticed that i am unable to copy/move files to internal memory from MicroSD via ES File Manager and Root Explorer, and Solid Explorer, though i granted them root rights via SuperSU. Everytime i try to do so, i get this message:
Copy failed to /storage/emulated/0. I tried converting this apps to system apps, using Titanium Backup, but no succes
i also can't copy/move anything to folders located inside /storage/emulated/0, like: Alarms, Android, backups, Books, clockworkmod, DCIM, Documents, Download, fonts, Movies, Notifications, Pictures, Podcasts, Sounds...
interesting is that i can create folders inside these ones, but i can't copy/move anything there.

Moon+ Reader also can't create its backup files inside /sdcard/Books/MoonReader/Backup/ with a message of open failed: EACCES (Permission denied), but there's no problem when backing-up files on 32GB MicroSD.
uTorrent application also can't write data inside /storage/emulated/0, giving the same error: EACCES (Persmission denied).

Another very interesting thing is that i CAN copy/move files to /storage/emulated/0 via stock file manager.
I also CAN copy/move files via ES File Explorer, Root Explorer to any other folder located outside /storage/emulated/0.

i tried changing the permissions of /storage folder to rwxrwxr-- using Root Explorer, and it changes. I can also change the /storage/emulated permissions from ---r-x--- to rwxrwxrwx, but despite this, i can't copy/move files. After phone reboot, the permissions of /storage/emulated restores to ---r-x---.
Can't change any permissions on /storage/sdcard0, /storage/emulated/0, /storage/emulated/legacy, though they are respectively: rwxrwxrwx, rwxrwxr-x, rwxrwxr-x. I get: permissions change was not successful. Please note that some file systems (e.g. SD card) do not allow permission changes.

Any ideas on a workaround ?
Thank you for any help you can provide in this situation.

Go to esfile explorer
Make sure ur device is rooted
Enable root permission
Go to device
System
Etc
Permissions
Platform.xml

Make sure the following is correct
Debug if needed

<permission name="android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >
<group gid="sdcard_r" />
</permission>

<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >
<group gid="sdcard_r" />
<group gid="sdcard_rw" />
<group gid="media_rw" />

</permission>

<permission name="android.permission.ACCESS_ALL_EXTERNAL_STORA GE" >
<group gid="sdcard_r" />
<group gid="sdcard_all" />
</permission>

<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_MEDIA_STORAGE" >
<group gid="media_rw" />
</permission>

Reboot
Now u will be able to delete files on internal storage as u have granted read wrute access to all function

Sd card mounted as read write
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)