Gear 2 - Help FAQ

Search This thread

JimSmith94

Jul 21, 2007
Midlothian, TX
Smart Watches
Android Wear
Her response is incorrect. I have a Note 3 N900T (t-mobile) running the rom listed in my signature. The rom is a Note 3 N9005 (International version of the Note 3) and I have the Safety Assistance now.

Here is a stock International version...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKPlOJVhucc&t=3m41s

Now call the rep back and tell her to learn about the products that she represents :p

I'm sure a Dev could probably rip this out and make a patch to add it to any Note 3.

I would love to find that Safety Assistance for my Sprint Note 3. It is also listed for the Gear 2 by triple tapping the home key, but I don't have that either. As a recent pacemaker recipient, this could be a lifesaver for me.

Allen kao

Nov 18, 2013
How to wake up the phone by gear2

excuse me does any know how to wake up the phone by gear2
just wake up the screen not search because if you search the phone will have voice

prebuds

Dec 24, 2011
Hi there,

I'm using a pebble now, but I want to buy a Gear 2. My question is that can I archive or mark read emails in Gear 2 neo smartwatch? I've heared that it has got an update, which disables this function... Is that true?

Can I use any extra apps to archive emails?

kamlesh89

Jul 10, 2015
Hello everyone , i have a gear 2 , i had factory reset it because a bluetooth problem cant connect to my phone . Now its on a bootloop and wont enter to reboot menu ,am not be able to flash firmware via odin .So can someone HELP Me plzzzz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Home Key
    Turning screen on or off

• Press the home key to turn the screen on or off.
    Powering on or off

• Press and hold the home key to power your Gear on or off, change the sound mode, or enable Outdoor mode.
    Pressing the home key

• Press the home key to view the clock while the screen is on.
    Double pressing the home key

• Double press the home key to open your favorite application. You can change your favorite application in Settings.
    Triple pressing the home key

• Press the home key 3 times to enable Send help messages when you are in need. For details, go to Settings > Send help messages.
      Note: The Safety Assistance option is only available on the Note 3 N9005 (International version)

Navigation
    Navigating Gear

• Swipe left or right to navigate between screens.
      [*]Tap the screen to select an item or to open an application.
    Going back

• Swipe downwards from top edge of the Gear screen.
    Home Screen
    Adding app shortcuts

• To add app shortcuts to the Gear's home screen, go to Apps on the Gear, tap and hold an app icon, then drag and drop it on the home icon at the top of the screen.
    Rearranging shortcuts

• Tap and hold an app icon and then drag and drop it to rearrange the app shortcuts on the Gear's home screen or in the app list.
    Removing app shortcuts

• Tap and hold an app icon, then drag and drop it on the remove icon at the top of the screen.

Two-Finger Interaction
    Changing icon size

• Tap the screen with two fingers and then swipe them in opposite directions to change the size of the icons on the home screen from small to large.
    Controlling volume and brightness

• Double tap any screen with two fingers to open the brightness and volume controls, and to view info, such as bluetooth status and battery status.
    Viewing recently used apps

• Tap and hold any screen with two fingers to view your recently used apps.

Pedometer
    Counting steps

• Tap Start to start using Pedometer. Your steps will be counted each day and recorded in History.
      [*]Tap the screen to pause the step count. To resume, tap the screen again, then tap Resume.
      [*]To view a graph of recently recorded data, tap the more button and select History.

Exercise
    Exercising with coach

• You can set various goals to fit your exercise plan. To set a goal, tap the more button and select Set goal.
      [*]The accessory will offer coaching advice based on your measured heart rate during the exercise.
      [*]Training effect helps you discover how effective your workout is. It analyses your workout and estimates its effect on your aerobic fitness. Follow the guidance on the screen and stop when you are satisfied with the result. The effects of your workouts are calculated based on your user profile, heart rate data, and difficulty of the workout. Your training effect goal changes in relation to your fitness levels, which are calculated automatically when you exercise on more than 3 different days.
      [*]Swipe the screen to the left or right while exercising to change the information displayed.
      [*]To view the graph of recently recorded data, tap the more button and select History.

Heart Rate
    Measuring heart rate

• Tap the screen to see the correct way of wearing the Gear in order to measure your heart rate.
      [*]To start measuring your heart rate, tap the start button.
      [*]To view a log of your heart rate measurements, tap the more button and select History. Swipe the screen to scroll through previous measurements.

Sleep
    Measuring sleep duration

• When you are ready to sleep, put the Gear on your wrist and tap Start. If you do not want to be disturbed while sleeping, tap the more options button and enable Blocking mode before you tap Start.
      [*]Tap Stop when you wake up. You can check details of your sleep, such as sleeping time, restless sleeping time and motionless sleeping time.
      [*]Tap the more options button to select History. To view your sleep duration records, tap the graph.

S Voice
    Using mic button

• Tap the mic button to turn on the mic.
      [*]After you tap the mic button, it will turn red. Then you can say what you want.
      [*]The Gear will then process and respond to what you have said.

Reserved for more specific updates