Best phone I've had!

Search This thread

jbadboy2007

Sep 22, 2010
Lansing MI
S3 could do voice calls plus LTE OR 3G
S4 could do voice calls plus LT
S5 can't do either :/

You can thank qualcomm for that its their chip that is responsible.

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

I think this phone is awesome. The camera for me focuses extremely fast and takes some amazing pics. The screen is very nice I love amoled. Battery life is great the phone boots up really fast. The bezel is great it doesnt feel like its just gonna slip out of your fingers like the s3 did. I do wish qualcomm woulda included svdo though I think that just makes sense. The usb 3.0 port is awesome. I cant say anything negative about this device.

JoeFCaputo113

Feb 2, 2013
New York
You can thank qualcomm for that its their chip that is responsible.

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

I think this phone is awesome. The camera for me focuses extremely fast and takes some amazing pics. The screen is very nice I love amoled. Battery life is great the phone boots up really fast. The bezel is great it doesnt feel like its just gonna slip out of your fingers like the s3 did. I do wish qualcomm woulda included svdo though I think that just makes sense. The usb 3.0 port is awesome. I cant say anything negative about this device.

Lol nope. You can thank Sprint actually. And their stupid "Spark Network".

metalfan78

Jan 30, 2010
Littleton, CO
I finally sold my m8 after 2 months of disappointment. Found a sealed s5 on swappa for $485 and should have it in a few days. Went back to the trusty s3 for now.

88EVGAFTW

Aug 17, 2010
San Diego, CA
It;s the first time I have been fully satisfied with a phone, the UI and the speed of it. I have no complaints about the actual phone. No desire to root and install custom roms. I've had Galaxy S1, S2 and S3, modded all of them etc....and custom roms always ended up glitchy and unstable compared to stock roms. They might have been a bit quicker, but not stable, ever. This S5 is just perfect. Love it and everyone that I let use it loves it.

AlkaliV2

Jun 12, 2012
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Google Pixel 5
I'm so torn. I usually immediately put Nova Launcher on the phone to replace my previous S2,3,4 device TouchWiz Launchers. But this generation of TouchWiz just works so well and looks really good. The widgets are excellent and made compatible with other launchers (for the first time ever), the touch animations are nice and smooth, the transistions take the amount of time I expect, and the applications open quickly. I even love that they put the TouchWiz hotword in there so if you are on the main home screen with the Google Search widget it will launch Google Now for you. It is outstanding. The only improvement, and perhaps this is user error, but I don't know how to get the phone to wake to my voice anywhere but in Driving Mode.

Reactions: rukin1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I recently purchased the Galaxy S5 and I have to say, it's one of the best phones I have had. I am yet to have any problems with it and it's just perfect for my everyday use!

Has anyone else got it? What are your thoughts?
    Tell me about it. It doesn't deserve this much hate just because of the material it's made of. Why don't people base it off the actual phone and not the material.

Because people are all about looks/aesthetics these days, that's why.... either way I wrap my baby up in a case, so ven if I had an M8 you wouldn't be able to see the "premium, beautiful metal build". FYI I prefer the plastic, doesn't dent or scratch nearly as easy as metal, and less weight, so when/if it does fall, it gets less damage!
    my fav was the note 2... but this phone is great the m8 was long for no reason didnt feel good in the hand and was heavy

soon as i got the 5 out the box it felt way better before even turning it on
    Low light/indoor pics are :eek:

really? compared to my old s2, s3, and s4, the low light photos are PHENOMENAL!!

are you turning on the picture stabilization in low light or HDR? that is the key to good low light photos
    I'm also loving this phone. I just exchange HTC One M8 and got this one instead.