rooting a device

Search This thread

android2020

Jun 7, 2014
I have a question which seem familiar over the internet but I am confused because of too man answers for :
I have a new brand (not famous brand ) phone , and I was thinking of rooting the device in order to have more ram but my only problem is that the warranty I know that it may be void after root but :
if i unroot the device will it still void or not ? and i hear that engineers in the companies they can know if the phone was rooted is it right ?
(Note : it is only unrooting without custom rom or flashing and my phone warranty is from the device comapany it self)

Last edited:

Kobro

Nov 21, 2013
I have a question which seem familiar over the internet but I am confused because of too man answers for :
I have a new brand (not famous brand ) phone , and I was thinking of rooting the device in order to have more ram but my only problem is that the warranty I know that it may be void after root but :
if i unroot the device will it still void or not ? and i hear that engineers in the companies they can know if the phone was rooted is it right ?
(Note : it is only unrooting without custom rom or flashing and my phone warranty is from the device comapany it self)

your warranty is void after rooting, but in my personal experience, no one even checks. it could just be customer support in my area, but when i try replacing a brick i dont tell them that i rooted, i just tell them my problem and they usually replace it.
p.s. i only did this once, my friends are the other experience!
p.p.s. and i dont think rooting can give you more ram, but i may be wrong.

Trozzul

Jun 21, 2012
Seattle

if you are only seeking to get more ram i would advise not to root your phone because the only about of ram you are going to get is around 30mb's which pretty much means you can only run +1 more app which is not worth it. as for Warrenty voids. if you root your device and send it in for repairs, its voided, if you unroot it and send it in it should not be voided, some new phones have have a counter that can tell the OEM if the device is modified or not, this is only for most newer samsung phones. they can only tell if it was rooted that way if its an older device running Gingerbread and you unroot it ( delete your root apps) i dont think they can detect that it was rooted.

Your Warranty is voided as soon as you root your device (only if they find out in the Service repairs) pretty much if you break your phone and needs service repairs delete root apps and unroot.

You can set the CPU up higher and overclock it which will speed up the phone

Sent from my lg optimus e980 mega i527 mega gt-i9205 Nexus 5 Nexus 4

Don't forget to check out my custom keyboards and dialers over at the candyshop thread and all the other cool stuff from all the wonderful devs
http://xdaforums.com/show...php?p=49380310

@hopsin4444 please Read the OP before you post nonsense, Overclocking has nothing to do with what he wants and the only way for him to overclock is with a Custom kernel. :/