[Q] Failed to install latest PhilZ

Search This thread

PharrellVP

Oct 8, 2009
Kardzhali
Hi there. Last night I tried to install the latest Philz recovery, but something somewhere goes wrong. I am with AryaMod v5, 4.1.2 Rooted, baseband XXLT3 and build XXLTC. As I can see it has Forest@Hello World Kernel as well.

So last night I downloaded Philz 6.45.6 and flash it through recovery, but then the phone didin'r start. it jush light the Samsung N700 sign, then it went black. I did Backup so I had to Restore it. So far so good /I have my phone back/. But when my Note did restore, it couldn't find android_secure, so I don't have all the app stored in my SD Card...big deal.
Now I downloaded Rom manager and I see Current Recovery: ClockWorkMod 6.0.4.8/Latest Recovery: CWM 6.0.4.3

So my question now is can I install latest Philz because I want to flash Arya V7 and there it says Latest PhilZ or I can flash now by folowwing yhe steps from 3 to the end? Do I need to flash latest recovery every time it is released?

tonza80

Oct 28, 2011
Hi there. Last night I tried to install the latest Philz recovery, but something somewhere goes wrong. I am with AryaMod v5, 4.1.2 Rooted, baseband XXLT3 and build XXLTC. As I can see it has Forest@Hello World Kernel as well.

So last night I downloaded Philz 6.45.6 and flash it through recovery, but then the phone didin'r start. it jush light the Samsung N700 sign, then it went black. I did Backup so I had to Restore it. So far so good /I have my phone back/. But when my Note did restore, it couldn't find android_secure, so I don't have all the app stored in my SD Card...big deal.
Now I downloaded Rom manager and I see Current Recovery: ClockWorkMod 6.0.4.8/Latest Recovery: CWM 6.0.4.3

So my question now is can I install latest Philz because I want to flash Arya V7 and there it says Latest PhilZ or I can flash now by folowwing yhe steps from 3 to the end? Do I need to flash latest recovery every time it is released?

do clean re-install aryamod v5 first because there is right kernel. Then you can restore your backup or install aryamod v7 (i have done like that)

Reactions: PharrellVP

PharrellVP

Oct 8, 2009
Kardzhali
Did I changed the Kernel? Because I was with Philz Kernel before installing the AryaMod V5. Then I saw i have Forest@Hello World Make II kernel as it is now shown in About the phone. And how can I do clean re-install?

Last edited:

Jackwu696

Jan 12, 2014
Jakarta City

Hello. Using PhilZ-cwm6-XXLTA-ATL-5.15.0-signed.zip. Would suffice. Philz latest doesn't include kernel anymore, only the recovery and from my personal experience, philz latest is more compatible with KK roms than TW roms.

Reactions: PharrellVP

Jackwu696

Jan 12, 2014
Jakarta City
What are you talking about?

I said, u don't need to use any latest philz and use the above mentioned philz will suffice to flash any TW based roms because I use it the whole time n no problem at all. I have downloaded all philz latest n they can't be flashed unless it's for KK kernel. So do u understand or is there Anything u might want to add?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

Jackwu696

Jan 12, 2014
Jakarta City
Maybe he wanted to add:
Your statement "Philz latest doesn't include kernel anymore, only the recovery and from my personal experience, philz latest is more compatible with KK roms than TW roms." is completely wrong.

Hello @ThaiDai

I said what I said because after downloading latest philz it can't be used to flash over TW kernels. But when in KK roms, it can be flashed. I have checked it before. Also somewhere in philz thread, I read that his recovery no longer includes kernels anymore. So please enlighten me where I'm wrong coz I'm open to correctionsn I'll really appreciate the knowledge to better help our fellow members. Just don't ask "what am I talking about?" And also I said "according to my personal experience" too.
Thanks for elaborating

Last edited:

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
Hello @ThaiDai

I said what I said because after downloading latest philz it can't be used to flash over TW kernels. But when in KK roms, it can be flashed. I have checked it before. Also somewhere in philz thread, I read that his recovery no longer includes kernels anymore. So please enlighten me where I'm wrong coz I'm open to correctionsn I'll really appreciate the knowledge to better help our fellow members. Just don't ask "what am I talking about?" And also I said "according to my personal experience" too.
Thanks for elaborating
Kernel for note and s2 has recovery built into them. Not the case with later phones like s3 s4... where recovery can be independent of the kernel. So you can have any kernel you want and any recovery you want.
Thus your statement that Philz kernel for N7000 doesn't include kernel is weird as it wont be of any use for normal users and " philz latest is more compatible with KK roms than TW roms" is again confusing as Phil made just 1 KK kernel with new recovery but that had issues with radio and all so..

"I said what I said because after downloading latest philz it can't be used to flash over TW kernels"
And this is? You can flash TW kernel using cwm/twrp as well.

Just don't ask "what am I talking about?"
I read your statement several times still couldn't understand, thats why ......

Reactions: Jackwu696

Jackwu696

Jan 12, 2014
Jakarta City
Hello @nokiamodeln91 . Glad to have you clarify this. Let me start from beginning then. I have dowloaded philz_touch_6.19.3-n7000, philz_touch_6.26.6-n7000 recoveries. When I want to flash a KK rom such as C-Rom over a TW rom such as this rom, aryamod's and such, I rebooted into recovery, flashed either of them n I got "installation error, installation aborted" (with the android avatar lying down dead). But when I move from KK to another KK such as C-rom to SKOP, these 2 files can be flashed without problem to change CWM recovery to philz. Seeing as the one who asked the question that led me to answer like that, I just suggested to him to use PhilZ-cwm6-XXLTA-ATL-5.15.0-signed instead if he want to flash a TW based rom (in his case, aryamod) and don't use the latest philz.. Sorry if any of my word confused you. Cheers. I have respect to you n other members who always help other needy members.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Free mobile app

Budi Sihon

Jun 8, 2014
Can't philz touch v5 to flash kitkat rom?

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

Hi all master,,I have Note N7000.why I can't flash latest version Philz touch v6 on my device?what's wrong?need help...

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
There is some issue with the package.. You flash an older TW version. Then from that recovery flash raw r4.. Then from its recovery flash KK.

aurator

Jun 14, 2012
Agra, Uttar Pradesh
*Necropost* Sorry, But I have a question regarding this.
@nokiamodeln91 If I flash an older TW version then r4, do I need to wipe dalvik/cache before flashing r4 or can I go Older TW kernel > Reboot recovery > r4 kernel > reboot recovery > wipe system/data/cache/dalvik > flash KK ROM ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anything u might want to add?

Maybe he wanted to add:
    Your statement "Philz latest doesn't include kernel anymore, only the recovery and from my personal experience, philz latest is more compatible with KK roms than TW roms." is completely wrong.

do clean re-install aryamod v5 first because there is right kernel. Then you can restore your backup or install aryamod v7 (i have done like that)

Hello. Using PhilZ-cwm6-XXLTA-ATL-5.15.0-signed.zip. Would suffice. Philz latest doesn't include kernel anymore, only the recovery and from my personal experience, philz latest is more compatible with KK roms than TW roms.
    Hello @ThaiDai

Thanks for elaborating
    Kernel for note and s2 has recovery built into them. Not the case with later phones like s3 s4... where recovery can be independent of the kernel. So you can have any kernel you want and any recovery you want.
    Thus your statement that Philz kernel for N7000 doesn't include kernel is weird as it wont be of any use for normal users and " philz latest is more compatible with KK roms than TW roms" is again confusing as Phil made just 1 KK kernel with new recovery but that had issues with radio and all so..

"I said what I said because after downloading latest philz it can't be used to flash over TW kernels"
    And this is? You can flash TW kernel using cwm/twrp as well.

Just don't ask "what am I talking about?"
    I read your statement several times still couldn't understand, thats why ......