*Full wipe recommended if coming from another kitkat rom*
MAKE SURE TO HAVE A BROWSER APK. THERE IS NO MORE STOCK BROWSER. For firefox see below.
My personal build "Diamond Rom 4.4" is based on omnirom with the following additions:
- CM Calculator (the newly redone one they're proud of)
- CM File Manager
- CM Wallpapers
- Bash shell
- Nano text editor
- Koush's full featured open source superuser (and it's INTEGRATED into settings )
- Carbon rom blue balls wallpaper
- Cyanogenmod port of 2 column settings adapted to Omni rom.
- Omni floating window
I've added a few of my personal touches which include
- Batter circle color changing: green 100%-51% yellow 50%-16% red 15%-0% This was my favorite I9000M framework-res mod that I've missed since switching to CM7.2 way back.
- Killed lock screen music full screen (personal privacy thing when riding public transportation)
- Disable android external storage management: messes with ext4 formatted hard drives or multi partitioned hard drives. Use the unix style mount command
- Disable hardware keyboard on boot: disabled but not removed. You'll have to manually turn it on
- Removed camera sounds
- Disable SELinux at the kernel level. It's even disabled on my laptop/desktop at the kernel because it seems like it's more trouble than it's worth.
- Put the dalvik cache in the cache partition. Don't waste the data partition for it.
- And of course, comes bundled with my A1 kernel
Every thing I've tested: camera, youtube hd, sound, gps, usb otg(use manual mount command) etc work.
First time flashing omni:
-Read second post FAQ and other important information.
-Flash TWRP (you can flash twrp over cwm from cwm if you're in that situation)
-Reboot into new recovery
-Make recovery backup (optional)
-Run Titanium Backup (highly recommended)
-Format system partition
Mediafire Wifi download folder with md5sum file
Mediafire 3G download folder with md5sum file
Mediafire TMobile download folder with md5sum file
*Authorization to download is just a captcha. Simply enter the text in the picture or name the item being advertised in the picture.* Mediafire sure beats sh***y sites like uploaded.net or rapidgator
A1 Kernel (as its own download)
V1.9.2: Security fix made aware by cyanogenmod, specifically this. The commit message on my github has a copy and paste mistake. It should list both of those security flaws as patched instead of the same one twice. Oops Security fix comes with ALL roms June 28 and onwards.
184.108.40.206 Wifi 6c995325e749e7561893e398847b09a0
220.127.116.11 3G 8fa04be69d0faf3d9a134e829ddff680
18.104.22.168 Wifi July 8 a8d12c13aac7430a319369069d814e72
22.214.171.124 3G July 8 dc1c50622c29c621f29b95f4c53734ea
126.96.36.199 Wifi August 11 b2c21e8fd58dc38a9c8b7669031b84b1
188.8.131.52 3G August 11 9f48defe78391e63a9053cbd281f738f
184.108.40.206 TMobile August 11 87fb29c803a2e3a56d98a1475c5fce8f
220.127.116.11 Wifi cfdac70d0ccac34cf220887eab72f8b0
18.104.22.168 3G d7918eb397f54c484e04a6d5cb07945c
22.214.171.124 TMobile aaf7c6d2455ca32178ec846f5186c774
Newer versions of firefox explicitly disable flash on tegra2. Use my firefox mod which is just normal firefox with a hacked tegra2 blacklisting mechanism. Don't use the old firefox apk. It has unpatched security holes.
Changelog: omnirom gerrit
Sources: https://github.com/AAccount?tab=repositories Has my device trees as well as all the omni repos I forked with my additions.
Kasper_h: helping to make 4.4 possible
pershoot: original device tree from CM10.1
Omni team: providing great starter rom and keeping it TF101 compatible
fred6681: original gapps package. I just removed the 4.4.2 check
Cyanogenmod team: rom extras like calculator, superuser, to fill in Omni's missing holes and 2 panel settings template.
Omnirom+ 4.4 for Galaxy Tab 10.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
Based On: Omni
Last Updated 2014-10-11