[Q] What's up with my battery?

Search This thread

drummerboy814

Apr 21, 2013
I've heard varying reports of how long peoples' batteries last, anywhere from 9 hours to 3 days. But what seems to be the common theme is that if you use your phone pretty frequently, you'll get maybe 10 hrs, but if you use the phone sporadically and not for long periods of time, you can expect the phone to last through the day and even maybe the next. But with mine I've found that the battery on average will last me maybe 10 hours, but that's with slight to almost no use. From what people have said online, the screen is what sucks up battery, but when I check with GSam Battery Monitor, my screen never seems to break 30% of my battery use. Apps are what usually take up ~45% of my battery. What's up with this? I don't wanna have to buy that stupid Mugen case, because it apparently sucks, but there are literally no other options to extend my battery... any advice? Will post screenshots. Thanks! :)

drummerboy814

Apr 21, 2013
GSam screenshots

Also, as you can see, the individual app %'s don't add up to the huge number that Apps is taking up... is that related/significant?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-22-12-31-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-22-12-31-52.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 127
  • Screenshot_2014-05-22-12-31-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-22-12-31-46.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 115

Jaggar345

May 24, 2012
Amston
Also, as you can see, the individual app %'s don't add up to the huge number that Apps is taking up... is that related/significant?

It looks normal to me. Usually the people that are saying they get good battery life are the ones that are on a custom Rom and a custom kernel. From my findings the stock Rom especially with the net updates battery life seems to be worse with each update. One really good combination I have run that yields amazing battery life is CM11 and crpalmers kernel. That combination will give amazing battery life. It also depends on what you use your phone for. Judging by your screen shots thing look pretty normal. I would try giving battery guru a go in the market of you want to get some more juice. Let it learn your habits and it will help with you battery life.

You also have to remember as the device ages and you recharge the battery you can't expect it to remain fantastic like the first day you got it. Like anything else they wear down over time and can only go through so many charging cycles.

Or it may just be your battery starting to go bad. Its hard to pin point what may be wrong. It may be as simple as a rogue app. Try some of the suggestions I mentioned above and post back to let us know how your doing. If your not rubbing a custom Rom I recommend switching to one. They are packed with features and the battery life is generally better.

Anyways good luck. Post back if you have any more questions.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mulhiny

Nov 15, 2008
Update NY
It looks normal to me. Usually the people that are saying they get good battery life are the ones that are on a custom Rom and a custom kernel. From my findings the stock Rom especially with the net updates battery life seems to be worse with each update..

100% agree. Especially with the updates leading to worse battery life.

I recently switched to the DNA from an S4. Unlocked and S off'd. Flashed 4.4.2 Rom and immediately noticed how awful battery was in comparison to my Samsung. I actually flashed an older jellybean Rom with Sense 4+ and now I'm experiencing battery life as good as my S4, even though the S4 has a larger battery and newer hardware.

Sent from my thumbs

drummerboy814

Apr 21, 2013
It looks normal to me. Usually the people that are saying they get good battery life are the ones that are on a custom Rom and a custom kernel. From my findings the stock Rom especially with the net updates battery life seems to be worse with each update. One really good combination I have run that yields amazing battery life is CM11 and crpalmers kernel. That combination will give amazing battery life. It also depends on what you use your phone for. Judging by your screen shots thing look pretty normal. I would try giving battery guru a go in the market of you want to get some more juice. Let it learn your habits and it will help with you battery life.

You also have to remember as the device ages and you recharge the battery you can't expect it to remain fantastic like the first day you got it. Like anything else they wear down over time and can only go through so many charging cycles.

Or it may just be your battery starting to go bad. Its hard to pin point what may be wrong. It may be as simple as a rogue app. Try some of the suggestions I mentioned above and post back to let us know how your doing. If your not rubbing a custom Rom I recommend switching to one. They are packed with features and the battery life is generally better.

Anyways good luck. Post back if you have any more questions.

Thanks for the info guys :) i'll keep that stuff in mind. I've tried several times to S-Off and flash a custom ROM but every time I try, firewater or rumrunner or whatever im using that time always says 'connection failed.' I've been unable to find any fix for why it's failing, so i've kind of given up. Any chance you guys can link to any super simple instructions?
Like I honestly don't understand temproot and those things. thanks!

100% agree. Especially with the updates leading to worse battery life.

I recently switched to the DNA from an S4. Unlocked and S off'd. Flashed 4.4.2 Rom and immediately noticed how awful battery was in comparison to my Samsung. I actually flashed an older jellybean Rom with Sense 4+ and now I'm experiencing battery life as good as my S4, even though the S4 has a larger battery and newer hardware.

Sent from my thumbs

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Free mobile app

mulhiny

Nov 15, 2008
Update NY
Thanks for the info guys :) i'll keep that stuff in mind. I've tried several times to S-Off and flash a custom ROM but every time I try, firewater or rumrunner or whatever im using that time always says 'connection failed.' I've been unable to find any fix for why it's failing, so i've kind of given up. Any chance you guys can link to any super simple instructions?
Like I honestly don't understand temproot and those things. thanks!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Free mobile app

In general there is a thread titled "am I too late to root" where I tried to explain the process to another poster the best I can.

couldn't hurt to give it a read. Maybe it will help you.

Sent from my thumbs

drummerboy814

Apr 21, 2013
In general there is a thread titled "am I too late to root" where I tried to explain the process to another poster the best I can.

couldn't hurt to give it a read. Maybe it will help you.

Sent from my thumbs

Getting a little stuck... Did the Weaksauce part, and downloaded the firewater file... what do I do now? I copied firewater to my SD card, what command window do I use? I really don't get exactly what to do... :p

mulhiny

Nov 15, 2008
Update NY
Getting a little stuck... Did the Weaksauce part, and downloaded the firewater file... what do I do now? I copied firewater to my SD card, what command window do I use? I really don't get exactly what to do... :p

I really don't know how to explain it any better than I did in that thread. On page 2, I wrote a complete step by step..the file goes into your sdk folder and then you run the command while in fast boot..I posted links and all in that thread. I don't know how to help further.

Sent from my living room

drummerboy814

Apr 21, 2013
I really don't know how to explain it any better than I did in that thread. On page 2, I wrote a complete step by step..the file goes into your sdk folder and then you run the command while in fast boot..I posted links and all in that thread. I don't know how to help further.

Sent from my living room

Sorry, just found the step-by-step. Thanks. Fingers crossed! :)

Reactions: mulhiny

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my living room

Sorry, just found the step-by-step. Thanks. Fingers crossed! :)